Hypothesis on backer portal issue, and I need your input.

Ok, I have been wondering if there was something wrong with the backer portal, since some people have the Kickstarter icon and others don't, even though they backed during the Kickstarter (like me). I also remember getting the retail package listed on the second page, instead of the Kickstarter package. So here is my hypothesis:

Any paypal pledge takes precedence over an existing Kickstarter pledge, and marks your account as not being an Original Kickstarter backer.

This makes sense to me, since I pledged via Kickstarter and added additional funds via Paypal before the grace period was over. However, before I submit this formally, I would like to test my hypothesis. If you could, please post if you backed on KS, if you gave money on paypal, both, or were a slacker backer. I am expecting only "KS only" people to have the Kickstarter packages, with Kickstarter & Paypal backers given retail packages along with paypal backers (regardless of the timeliness of their pledge.

Example:

I backed via Kickstarter and Paypal.

I can then see if the icons given match up with my hypothesis (which mean we have found the problem, and can have Obsidian fix it), or if there is another explanation.

Thank you!

Pandamaniac

PayPal :teehee:

Albeit during the KS campaign...

As did I, but you have your badge sir!

It's probably for the best, else we'd be scrolling up n down too much xD

I hope they will consider moving the K badge next to the backer badge instead of below it. I don't like vertically stacked badges...

Or even let us turn them on/off as we wish.

Edited by Technatorium
  • Like 1

As did I, but you have your badge sir!

It's probably for the best, else we'd be scrolling up n down too much xD

I hope they will consider moving the K badge next to the backer badge instead of below it. I don't like vertically stacked badges...

Or even let us turn them on/off as we wish.

Definitely agree we should be able to toggle them.

To the suggestion pile with this thread! :geek:

No rush though, more important things await outside the forums!

Edited by Maf

Backed on KS (PayPal)...  

Alternate theory... the KS icon chaps included the KS icon add-on in their pledge?  

Alternate alternate theory...modifying the pledge in the new portal flushes any indication of having pledged during KS.... 

Are you gonna throw rocks at me? What about now?

What about now?