Trailer Note: Animation Synchronicity

The first thing I noticed in yesterday's trailer was that the PC party jogs along together in perfect lockstep, robot military style.  "Left, right, left, right."  It drives me crazy.  Please figure out how to start movement on a random frame of the animation for each character so they don't look eerily synchronized like this.  It seems like this would be so easy to fix and look so much better.  Thank you.

Understandable concern. I think any feedback from the community is welcomed.

Never know they may have not even thought about it for some reason.

Anyways, I do say they are not finished with PE yet so I hope to see these quirks addressed before release :)

Edited by Technatorium

It's definitely something to keep pointing out, in my opinion. The stop and move nature of traveling with a group means it could be very easy to be stuck with everyone moving in sync like that. Wasteland 2 was like that during the demo they showed, and it was just as jarring there as it is here. I'm pretty certain it's something that is going to be fixed, but still.

The run animation on that... rat creature... or whatever it was in the crystal area was pretty cool, though. That looked like a completed animation to me.

Yes, some of animation movments were bit awkward, as animation and effects are still being developed.  Being hit by lightning or anything should have some effects on character. Still, that was just a sample and it was very beautifull. I have faith dev team will work that out. Anyone noticed how awsome general art direction is? All those threads about realistic looking this and realistic looking that. Devs did keep their end of the bargain.

That is good. I will not destroy you know. :sorcerer:

As for the rest that is to be unrevealed to quote FB BG admin that shared info : "plz dont suck dony suck dont suck dont suck dont suck".

magic021.jpg

I'm apparently in the extreme minority here, but I actually liked the animations in the trailer. They had a nice retro feel to them that made me nostalgic.

That said, I'm sure the improved animations that come in during the polishing stage will look more natural, and that's fine too.