New Kickstarter incoming

• 3 weeks later...

How about an iso rpg in the system shock setting

Hmm, an appealing idea as long as it would end being just as terrifying as SS2 was.

"They see you... run... runnn!"

And obviously Eric Brosius ;)

• Like 1

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones." - Ross Scott

It's not that I'm lazy. I just don't care.

Hmmm not really. Science fiction started out as all b movies focused on weird aliens and the like. Stargate didn't start that. Stargate is much more detailed and vast than farscape. I mean don't get me wrong farscape is cool, but there's plenty of action, explosions and cheesy crap in it as stargate. I loved Universe personally, although they did really screw up by making almost every off ship episode not really advance the plot much at all.

The biggest problem I had with Universe is it ignored established rules to create tension. Since when do gates have a range? In SG1 and Atlantis, any gate in a galaxy could reach any other gate in the same galaxy, yet for some reason, these gates, which were newer and had remotes could only reach 1 or 2 other gates, and the Destiny could somehow only gate within the solar system it was in.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Cyberpunk does seem like the next big thing doesn't it. Judge Dredd maybe could be a thing, I really liked the recent movie.

I would love to see an HG wells Time-Machine rpg and I imagine Obsidian as the only ones able to pull it off with the correct amount of story development. Just imagine meeting an npc in one time setting and then see the ripple events on their descendents in the future then changing the past again until paradox and the universe explodes (although the damage might be limited to only our galaxy!)

Cyberpunk does seem like the next big thing doesn't it. Judge Dredd maybe could be a thing, I really liked the recent movie.

I would love to see an HG wells Time-Machine rpg and I imagine Obsidian as the only ones able to pull it off with the correct amount of story development. Just imagine meeting an npc in one time setting and then see the ripple events on their descendents in the future then changing the past again until paradox and the universe explodes (although the damage might be limited to only our galaxy!)

a similar idea was used in a jrpg ("something" generations of war, i havent played it but my brother did and told me about it), where the main character is a guy (custom build) who, after lots of adventures, gets married to whoever the player pushed him towards with his choices, and the next chapter of the game sees his child (class, attributes and so on are based on who the parents were) as the main character and this child too, will have a love afair with someone based on the player choices, bringing us to the 3rd chapter where the child's child becomes the main character and has to deal with the results of the actions of his/her parents and grandparents, while creating a situation that will burden his/her child in chapter 4, with the story ending at the end of chapter 5, long after the original main character has died of old age

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

It's plans for another Kickstarter, not an upcoming Kickstarter, which means it could come in a month or in a year.  I wouldn't be surprised if it's a new setting in this engine.  Obsidian is looking to secure publisher independence and independence means IP.  

It probably will come before PE is released, and organization of their size doesn't have much tolerance for instability or uncertain funding.

I have started my offerings to dark gods for a cyberpunkish game.

By "dark gods" you mean CDPR

Well, Cyberpunk 2077 will be FPS/TPS game, what I'm looking for something like PoE style game too :)

One can't have too many cyberpunk games!

It was confirmed by developers. Cyberpunk is core signleplayer RPG.

Obsidian doesn't own that IP.

We know, still it's fun to dream about, right?

It isn't a board meeting :p

Well, I mean, it's already an RPG, too.

Yup, one of my favourites too. Still, the idea of transforming it into isometric RPG is intriguing (least to say). If only because I do not recall being terrified by any isometric horror. "Stasis" comes to mind, but first of all it's not an RPG. Also I have yet to try it.

Hmm... maybe I'll even download the demo right now.

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones." - Ross Scott

It's not that I'm lazy. I just don't care.

Obsidian doesn't own that IP.

We know, still it's fun to dream about, right?

It isn't a board meeting :p

Well, I mean, it's already an RPG, too.

Yup, one of my favourites too. Still, the idea of transforming it into isometric RPG is intriguing (least to say). If only because I do not recall being terrified by any isometric horror. "Stasis" comes to mind, but first of all it's not an RPG. Also I have yet to try it.

Hmm... maybe I'll even download the demo right now.

The Kickstarter, I'm assuming, would not be a licensed property. Say they were given the Gravity Falls license. They'd have money from Disney.

how about if it is set in the world of PE, but at the distant future compared to the current PE time... just think of PE classes and game mechanics on a cyberpunk setting in the same world

the fighter can be like robocop for example... heavy, slow moving and indestructible

the barbarian can be like terminator... moderatelly fast, hard to kill and with the ability to lay waste to trash mobs

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

Lets see the pitch, then we decide. But before that i would like to see some proper previews of PoE to convince me they are on the right path.

Edited by Gyges
  • Like 1