New Kickstarter incoming

Hmm. i´m quite curious. i don´t rly care in which direction the new Project is going as Long as it is something i would actually excpect Obsidian doing (which means not dungeon siege 3 related -.- evil knows no boundaries).

personally i´m approve of a new Kickstarter campaign before the old one is done. Not only is occupation of resources assured, also waiting time for a new title of a Company i trust is kept short.

Remember, Kickstarter funding is not just about financing the Project. By pledging u Show interest and therefore reassure the Company that this Project is actually what u want. Obsidian doesn´t Need charity, that´s why we get for e.g. a digital copy of a game etc.

How much longer till the announcement?

I'm yet another one of "very hesitant to give more money when they have delivered nothing yet".

And by them I mean the whole inxile-obsidian party.

Might go as far as a digital preorder, if it's something interesting.

Unless it's something exceedingly mind-blowing.

As in.. Arcanum successor - maybe, bloodlines successor - no

• Like 1

I'm yet another one of "very hesitant to give more money when they have delivered nothing yet".

And by them I mean the whole inxile-obsidian party.

Might go as far as a digital preorder, if it's something interesting.

Unless it's something exceedingly mind-blowing.

As in.. Arcanum successor - maybe, bloodlines successor - no

Let's be honest with ourselves.... assuming we have money, we will give it to them. Because the game will be amazing. Although I expect them to wait a few months and put out more PE stuff before starting the KS.

I kind of hope this Kickstarter is not an Isometric game because it is getting a little fed... the only Kickstarter I'd like to see from the Isometric Perspective would be A) Eternity 2 or B) Eternity 1 Expansions...

- Wasteland 2 = Post Apocalyptic Turn-Based
- Eternity = Medieval Fantasy Real-Time
- Torment = Surreal Fantasy Phase- or Turn-Based
- Shadowrun Returns = Shadowrun Turn-Based
(What has not been done yet?)*

Hmm, interesting... only Eternity has Real-Time... regardless... carrying on...

If Obsidian are choosing to do another sort of Kickstarter on a different type of genre or game that'd be awesome too (3rd person, first person, 2D or 3D, that'd be pretty swell too). But I think they could expand on the Eternity world by trying for some "smaller" budget Kickstarters such as "Eternity Content Kickstarter! 50 more areas to explore!" type of dealios...

Now that I think about it... could Kickstarter be a medium for post-release content instead of DLC?

I'd love to be a part of that Kickstarter Campaign from the very beginning too, now that I have a job and can pitch in a couple of dollars from the start (instead of "slacking", literally and figuratively). Being a part of the community in the beginning was more exciting that it is now to be honest, it felt like I had some impact and some inspiration. Now it's just waiting for the results (Eternity, what comes out of it?). The teaser video was great and it makes me excited to play the game, but it feels as if it has gone beyond the point where the community can give feedback or ideas, which we very much could in the beginning. The shape of the painting is done and there is little you can add to it.

But back to the topic:

What could it be that Obsidian is planning for next? I have no idea, but my bank card is ready. I just need to up my pledge for Eternity first.

* Someone said "Arcanum sequel?" and I wish to say "Oh please no"... BUT... I do want to say "Oh hell yes!" at the concept which Arcanum is taking place in, namely the Steampunk setting. We need more Steampunk in our lives, admit** it! [goes off on a killing spree of all non-believers] an isometric Steampunk setting with party management and a big world would be awesome... but then again... couldn't that be added into the Eternity world too?  :geek: If they'd make like a... "Bridge Game" (connecting PE1 with PE2, basically PE1.5)... because when Eternity 1 is out, they'd have an entire game with a lot of assets, and if they'd be able to generate another 4 mil for a PE1.5 game, they could put ALL that money into just making the game bigger, and they wouldn't need to focus on "rules" or "mechanics" or "combat" etc. etc. because all of that would already be done***
** damit!
*** Which takes me to the "new stretch goals" topic in the Announcements section. This has pro's and con's attached to it. Of course I'd love more companions, of course I'd love more areas... but would the game be released later rather than earlier in this case? Could they... you know... release these "more areas" and "more companions" stretch goal thingy's episodically post-release? Meh.... I'll take that in the appropriate thread.

Anyone knows where the inteview will appear? Will be on Rock Paper Shotgun or twitch or something?

Ἓν οἶδα ὅτι οὐδὲν οἶδα  (Only one thing i know, that i know nothing) - Socrates.

Superhero RPG would be awesome.

• Like 2

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

If it's a game within a genre/topic that I'm personally interested in, I'd be all in. Not like there are any other games of late that I have any interest in/spend money on. With over a year since P.E.'s Kickstarter, I can justify tossing more cash towards my fave game company. Maybe not quite as much as I did for P.E., but some.

Obviously if it's a game that would interest me not at all, like a platformer viewpoint adventure game, then ... probably not.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

If they could get the license.

======================

I would love a doctor who rpg

lord of the rings rpg

original ip

=======

A spy rpg that is not alpha protocol

A renaissance rpg

A pirate rpg

A starflight like rpg

Very bold of them to be thinking of another kickstarter before the second's finished.

Most, if not all of the designers and writers, etc, would have finished their work on Eternity by now, Obsidian can't just keep a large part of their staff around doing nothing. It's pretty standard for any studio to be working on multiple projects and after the success of the first Kickstarter, I can't think why they wouldn't want to go that route again.

• Like 1