Maybe someone here knows, why the Kickstarter update screenshot shows the Boxed Copy for $50, when it was $65 during Kickstarter (and still is on my pledge page)? The Digital Collector's Edition, on the other hand, is more expensive now:

tk8Ztri.jpg

I payed $80 ($65 + $15 for shipping) during kickstarter for a boxed copy, and now people that just joined can buy the same for less? I want to support the game, but I feel I'm just losing $15 here for no reason.

I already sent a message to Obsidian yesterday, but got no reply....

• Like 1

Maybe someone here knows, why the Kickstarter update screenshot shows the Boxed Copy for $50, when it was $65 during Kickstarter (and still is on my pledge page)? The Digital Collector's Edition, on the other hand, is more expensive now:

tk8Ztri.jpg

I payed $80 ($65 + $15 for shipping) during kickstarter for a boxed copy, and now people that just joined can buy the same for less? I want to support the game, but I feel I'm just losing $15 here for no reason.

I already sent a message to Obsidian yesterday, but got no reply....

I have the opposte problem. ;) Mine is the 110 tier i can't see.

Eh, probably going to upgrade in the next few days,.

Edited by C2B

Here's what the $50 box tier includes:

This tier includes:

• Box Version of Pillars of Eternity, DRM free for Windows, Mac, or Linux, with DVD and printed manual.
  • Digital download of the Cooking with Tim Cookbook – An RPG-themed e-Cookbook.
  • Digital download of the making of Pillars of Eternity Documentary.
  • Digital Novella by Chris Avellone.
  • Digital High-Res Game Map.
  • Digital High-Res Concept Art Pieces.
  • Wallpapers for Multiple Monitors.
  • Pillars of Eternity Themed Ringtones.
  • Digital Downloadable Soundtrack in MP3 and FLAC.
  • Digital Collector's Book.
Edited by Infinitron

OK, so the difference between the $50 box tier and the Kickstarter-exclusive $65 tier is that the latter comes with

1) An extra digital copy of the game (in addition to the physical copy)

2) A Kickstarter-exclusive in-game achievement and item

It seems there are two sets of tiers - one for Kickstarter backers, and another for late backers. For some reason, some Kickstarter backers are being switched to the second set of tiers.

Edited by Infinitron

OK, so the difference between the $50 box tier and the Kickstarter-exclusive $65 tier is that the latter comes with

1) An extra digital copy of the game (in addition to the physical copy)

2) A Kickstarter-exclusive in-game achievement and item

Not sure on that first point, the screenshot from the Kickstarter update clearly says:

You will recieve a boxed version of Pillar of Eternity, a digital download of Pillars of Eternity and some bonus goodies.

Now the question is which of those are wrong...

Edited by felipepepe

It's weird I only get the new pledges. Originally I paid per Paypal on October 9th. So, still well into the Kickstarter.

i pledged via paypal on the 10th and 16th and had the original prices for pledge tier selection. better contact them about it.

Already did.

That would explain why some people (like me) aren't getting kickstarter icons after pledging, and (like I was before I asked for help) were stuck with retail. I believe, and this is a hypothosis, that anyone who had ANY paypal part to their pledge are being judged as non-kickstarter/original backers, and are getting these (inferior) "retail" pledges.

Oh, is that something we should be contacting them about? I mean, I don't particularly care either way, unless I'm actively missing out on stuff because of it. If it's just a kickstarter badge, I won't worry about it.

It is if you can't confirm your Kickstarter pledge, like C2B.

Any news on this?

Curious about this as well (I also backed the KS at the physical box level). Granted, the $15 difference isn't a huge problem, but it's still pretty lame if new backers are getting a better deal than those who have supported the project since the start of the Kickstarter. 

Guest Matt Sheets

Hey everyone,

There are different rewards for the Kickstarter Tier and the 50 dollar tier.

Current 50 dollar Tier

This tier includes:

·         Box Version of Pillars of Eternity, DRM free for Windows, Mac, or Linux, with DVD and printed manual.

·         Digital download of the Cooking with Tim Cookbook – An RPG-themed e-Cookbook.

·         Digital download of the making of Pillars of Eternity Documentary.

·         Digital Novella by Chris Avellone.

·         Digital High-Res Game Map.

·         Digital High-Res Concept Art Pieces.

·         Wallpapers for Multiple Monitors.

·         Pillars of Eternity Themed Ringtones.

·         Digital Downloadable Soundtrack in MP3 and FLAC.

·         Digital Collector's Book.

The Retail Pack from Kickstarter

This tier includes:

·         Box Version of Pillars of Eternity, DRM free for Windows, Mac, or Linux, with DVD and printed manual.

·         Digital Downloadable Copy of Pillars of Eternity, DRM free for Windows, Mac, or Linux.

·         Project Eternity Kickstarter Backer Forum Badge.

·         Digital download of the Cooking with Tim Cookbook – An RPG-themed e-Cookbook.

·         Digital Campaign Almanac.

·         Kickstarter Exclusive In-Game Pet.

·         Kickstarter only in-game achievement and item.

The Kickstarter Retail pack includes an extra Digital Copy of Pillars of Eternity, the Campaign Almanac, Kickstarter In-game Pet, Kickstarter in-game achievement and item, and the Kickstarter forum badge.

Hey everyone,

There are different rewards for the Kickstarter Tier and the 50 dollar tier.

Current 50 dollar Tier

This tier includes:

The Retail Pack from Kickstarter

This tier includes:

·         Digital Downloadable Copy of Pillars of Eternity, DRM free for Windows, Mac, or Linux.

·         Project Eternity Kickstarter Backer Forum Badge.

·         Digital Campaign Almanac.

·         Kickstarter Exclusive In-Game Pet.

·         Kickstarter only in-game achievement and item.

The Kickstarter Retail pack includes an extra Digital Copy of Pillars of Eternity, the Campaign Almanac, Kickstarter In-game Pet, Kickstarter in-game achievement and item, and the Kickstarter forum badge.

What about that bug? I can't see my pledge selected when in the Select Reward screen because it's showing me the non-Kickstarter set of pledges.

Guest Matt Sheets

The Kickstarter Tiers are only available for any non-used Kickstarter Pledges.

If you had a Pledge and finalized it, any additional Pledges through the Backer Portal would be using the current Tier/Price structure.

• 6 months later...

does it matter? one thing i hate about pillers of eterneity is the HUGE lack of info about the game it took a year and 6 moths to even know what the World was even called!!!! and we still dont know what the UI is going  to look like :L

^Dude... you do realize that they've been crafting it, by hand, from the ground up, right? Like, this whole time?

You do also realize that most other games don't even start telling/showing-off anything until about 5 months from release, on a generally-longer production timeline?

"There's stuff we don't know!"

Yeah... it's called a process. :)

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

does it matter? one thing i hate about pillers of eterneity is the HUGE lack of info about the game it took a year and 6 moths to even know what the World was even called!!!! and we still dont know what the UI is going  to look like :L

Not to be forum police or anything, but this really isn't the thread for that. This is about the boxed copy price differences.

and we still dont know what the UI is going  to look like :L

Yeah we do:

10169287_10203379571869207_3179752923077

yAcbMj9.jpg

Don't freak out about the second image from youtube, that is their blockout tool. The game levels won't be grey ;)

There will also be optional fill in art for the UI to make it solid. Action bar will appear when you select a character.

Edited by Sensuki