Backer site is too hard to navigate

I don't get it - I pledged during kickstarter.

Then you are making me try and figure out what the hell I pledged for?

What is this addon crap - do I have to select the shirts through there I get with my pledge?

Do I have to select the Beta Key?

WHY CAN'T YOU JUST LINK MY KICKSTARTER PLEDGE TO THE SITE?

Seriously I'm too concerned to go further incase I screw something up and I end up having to contact you lot and try and get you to fix it >.< I just want the $140 package I payed for attached to my account in full with as little complication as possible why is that so much to ask?

Yes I get it Chris Roberts is making money hand over fist for his Star Citizen but at least his site is a crap ton easier to navigate than this, have you never heard of the K.I.S.S strategy in marketing I mean your making a game surely at some point in your lives someone would have introduced you to the concept of Keeping things simple.

I'm glad you want to offer us ways to milk ourselves out of money for you - but please just make the pledge system easier than what you have there - I've had to stop at the addon section because I have no friggan clue if that includes the Addons I already have or I have to select them and they are all considered credited.

Please someone at Obsidian just tell me what the f**k to do with my account?

The addons are just that, addons.  If you select your tier after you confirm your pledge amount, and the tier should come up in the range of what you pledged.  IE. you pledged $140, so you select that tier.  Unfortunately the tier you pledged for on KS isn't automatically linked.  And if you don't want any addons you can just skip that section.  The section after the addons is the cart where you confirm the tier you pledged for.  Then you finalize your pledge after that, and enter in any information required like your name and address.  If anything is required after that you fill in the information.  So things like t-shirt size and whatnot should be filled in after you enter in your address and name if it is required.

This is what I got from reading what other people have done.

Edited by StromIV

I just got done confirming myself as a backer, and I made the original pledge quite a long time ago. I didn't even know about the site to present myself as a backer until recently. Having just gone through the process, I think the only thing remotely confusing was that, at first, the layout made me think it was asking me to spend money as if I hadn't made a pledge before. This turned out not to be the case, but I can see how, maybe, it could be more clear on what it was asking me to do.

I cannot forget the follies and vices of others so soon as I ought, nor their offenses against myself.

My feelings are not puffed about with every attempt to move them. My temper would

perhaps be called resentful. My good opinion once lost is lost forever.”

- Pride and Prejudice

I had to link my Kickstarter pledge today as well, so I can feel where you're coming from , but its not too difficult if you follow the instructions on the latest Project Update. Just look for the level of what you pledged (it should match the dollar amount you pledged for). If you pledged extra money for add-ons you can spend it when you get to that point. Also I discovered at this point if you wanted to upgrade your pledge or purchase additional add-ons you can do that by adding some more money. Just read your pledge level carefully and if you are going to be grabbing some add-ons make sure they don't already come in your pledge so that you aren't buying double of the same thing (unless thats what you want). 

Please follow this:

• go to https://eternity.obsidian.net/backer/index and log in if you aren't already

• Your first screen should look something like this. Please note it is shown as (1) Pledges on the Scale at the top of the screen

oc6h.jpg

• Press Select Reward down the bottom right and continue on to the second screen (2) Pledges as shown on the scale up top

• Unless you want to upgrade your pledge, which you don't, click the button for the $140 pledge and then click Continue to next step

• You will now be on the (3) Addons screen as shown on the scale up top. You stated you don't want addons so click Continue to next step at the bottom

• On the next screen, click Checkout, enter your relevant details and the rest should be obvious. If not, ask again here and I'll do my best to help

I hope this helps end your frustration :)

• Like 2

Please follow this:

• go to https://eternity.obsidian.net/backer/index and log in if you aren't already

• Your first screen should look something like this. Please note it is shown as (1) Pledges on the Scale at the top of the screen

oc6h.jpg

• Press Select Reward down the bottom right and continue on to the second screen (2) Pledges as shown on the scale up top

• Unless you want to upgrade your pledge, which you don't, click the button for the $140 pledge and then click Continue to next step

• You will now be on the (3) Addons screen as shown on the scale up top. You stated you don't want addons so click Continue to next step at the bottom

• On the next screen, click Checkout, enter your relevant details and the rest should be obvious. If not, ask again here and I'll do my best to help

I hope this helps end your frustration :)

Ok so the Addon screen I select nothing and still get the Shirt and beta keys and everything that comes with the 140 pledge - because I find its just weird the way they do it. Seriously they should have just made it simple and linked the pledge and then after you have finalized everything they offer you increases after the fact.

And I don't get how people don't get it. Just take it slow, read what's in front of you and give them the information that is needed. You already pledged at a kickstarter tier, no need to worry about addons and whatnot, you can do that later if you wish.

Edited by Einherjer

They couldn't just link the pledge because: 1) some people want to add stuff to their original pledge; 2) Kickstarter doesn't have an integrated add-on system and they can't just guess what those extra 20/30 dollars might be for.

EDIT: Just to be clear, I'm sure more could be done from a usability standpoint and I hope you manage to solve your issues, just trying to explain why things are the way they are.

Edited by WorstUsernameEver

i found it quite easy myself. so easy and clear in fact, that i find it hard to believe there are people who have problems with it

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

I want to know why there was no place to choose delivery platform (gog or steam). We're made to go through this whole process of selecting rewards for our pledges again, though we did that once on the kickstarter, but skip the most important step. Weirdly enough I see a "Download" page on the managing place which makes me suspect they're not gonna follow through with their promise. I hope that's not the case and it's just for other things.

From the Known Information thread:

Will there be a DRM-free version?
Confirmed by Kickstarter update #4, a DRM-free version is being offered in conjunction with GOG. At the end of the Kickstarter campaign, you will be able to choose between a GOG or Steam key.

I was impressed by the ease and clarity. I entered my email, clicked on the confirm link in the email they send and select the few addons. They clearly listed what the pledge included you really cant ask for more unless you want to have someone stand beside you to point at the screen.

I want to know why there was no place to choose delivery platform (gog or steam).

Given that both GoG and Steam are license resellers, it's of no import that this wasn't stipulated. 

I imagine the Download option will eventually include the necessary selection criteria, (reclaimable license or direct download). 

tl;dr: It's too early for that. 

Are you gonna throw rocks at me? What about now?

What about now?

It's worth noting that, for some reason, the site seems to be bugged if you use Chrome/Safari (or at least it was this morning),

which resulted in me not being able to select my reward because my credits disappeared,

which is both confusing and frustrating (I was basically asked to pay again the amount I payed during the KS campaign).

:p

i use chrome and i did it last night with no problems

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

Sure, it's not as hard as the OP is making it out to be, but the OP makes a good point.

There's no space, from the KS pledge levels, to add t-shirt size.

Are they going to GUESS?

Am I going to get a size small and have to give it to my son?

I opened a support ticket, but this should have been a no-brainer.  :getlost:

I want to know why there was no place to choose delivery platform (gog or steam).

Given that both GoG and Steam are license resellers, it's of no import that this wasn't stipulated. 

I imagine the Download option will eventually include the necessary selection criteria, (reclaimable license or direct download). 

tl;dr: It's too early for that. 

^this.

My bet is (for right now) the "Download" link will send you to a page with any or all of the following (when available):

• Beta DL link to gog/steam (Freebie Key* kept in your Obsidian account somewhere)
  • Game DL link to gog/steam (Freebie Key* kept in your Obsidian account somewhere)
  • Concept Art
  • Wallpapers
  • Videos?
  • Whatever else Obsidian feels should be "Downloadable"

*Free Key being the key that either:

• Is the key you get because of your pledge
  • Is the "bonus" key (or keys) that you get along with your box, because of your pledge, that you can give away to people
Edited by neo6874