More Info On The Expansion Pack

Well, at 20$, it has the same price tag as the game itself (early bird). Seeing as the engine and IP will already exist, the expansion should be larger than the game itself...

I can't remember any XP that had more content than the base game.

Hordes of the Underdark!

• Like 2

My preference would be a sequel type expansion like Mask of the Betrayer or Throne of Bhaal.

I really don't like ToB: it's just a linear and brutal hack n slash. I played it just... once :o. But something like the EE of the witcher 1, yes... But it may be hard and long to patch all the core game instead of adding another storyline along the main plot.

I guess we have to be patient for at least 6 months before having any details.

We backers are insatiable aren't we? WE always want more, moar, MOAR info about everything. The poor devs must feel a bit under siege at times. Like zookeepers trapped inside a small building within a lion reserve experiencing a famine, throwing the occasional chunks of meat out to sate the restless, prowling hordes, then slamming shut the door with their backs against it panting as the lions ravenously and noisily devour every last scrap and morsel. Yet the hordes are never sated, always prowling and are growing ever larger, circling the building, always watching, waiting...

But yeah, I'd like some info on this too. Hopefully at the same time they explain the new stretch goals and such. They are going to do this, right? We are going to get more companions and wilderness areas right?

Forgot about the X-pack... they need to shell all they plan on ETERNITY 2. NOW.

I personally want destructable terrain, full PlayStation 5 compatibility, romances with everything, including the squirrels, I want to be able to everything in a single game, including getting the LS ending and then the DS afterwards (and don't add more, it will be too confusing!), and of course there should be boob-armor in, and full nudity (as we all know that gives woman the highest armor class) for maturity and attention.

Yeah, that's my wishlist. Is it in? Is it? IS IT?

*cough cough*

That was just in response to above poster, not a complaint about this thread ;). But personally I am still too focused on the core game to discuss expansion, ask me again after it's released and I know just what I want different or more of, or less of ;)

• Like 2

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

I personally want destructable terrain, full PlayStation 5 compatibility, romances with everything, including the squirrels, I want to be able to everything in a single game, including getting the LS ending and then the DS afterwards (and don't add more, it will be too confusing!), and of course there should be boob-armor in, and full nudity (as we all know that gives woman the highest armor class) for maturity and attention.

*cough cough*

That was just in response to above poster, not a complaint about this thread ;). But personally I am still too focused on the core game to discuss expansion, ask me again after it's released and I know just what I want different or more of, or less of ;)

Well, now I just want a romanceable squirrel, or maybe a squirrel dating sim.

• Like 3

*cough cough*

Actually, there's already a pidgeon-dating sim that's been out for a while so... close enough?

Honestly, if the Devs themselves know anything about the Xpac, it is probably extremely spoiler heavy. IE, "The defeat of PE boss triggers some cataclysmic event that unearths a bunch of tombs that spew out undead" or something.  High-level story and design elements.  I doubt they will be able to tell us anything more concrete than that for months.  Which is fine.

For $20, if you're hyped about this game you might as well pledge for the expansion.  Or hold off incase they announce some new stretch goals.

When I think of Obsidian expansion pack, I think of Mask of the Betrayer and that was absolutely wicked. I can't say much about Storm of Zehir, but it didn't sound like my cup of tea so I skipped it. I might play through it at some point, when I have the patience.

Tales of the Sword Coast is alright, but was it something you felt compelled to go through more than once?=P 

Durlags Tower was a bit of a bitch imo^^

Edited by sarkthas

• 4 months later...

I am just backing now,

I can't believe phrase "Get Pillars of Eternity's first expansion pack for a special discount!"  , I mean there is absolutely no information about it , no scope, no expected date.. but there is a price and even  the keyword: first.

If it wasn't obvious that there's an intention of milking out the project as much as possible I'd say they did this to see what we speculate here in the forums  :yes:

for the expansion, we want more of what made poe so good.

wait, that doesn't sound right.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

I don't think Obsidian knows what will be in the Expansion Pack as they're still working on the main game and it's a year away from being completed.

From what we are told the main game is pretty much nearing completion, soon it will be locked and work commence on translation, polish, bug fixing musical score recording etc..

Yeh I expect they will know what they'll like to add in the PoE Expansion once they get the main game done.

Expansions vary with ever previous Infinity Engine based game. Icewind Dale's Heart of Winter, Baldur's Gate Tales of the Sword Coast, and Baldur's Gate 2 Throne of Bhaal all have different styles of expansion.

I wonder if they poll us for the expansion or just announce what it will be (once they are ready of course).

In the industry there is a huge "taboo" against developers saying anything about expansions before the game ships, I don't know if its a PR thing (you want the players to focus on the game they have, not what it lacks) or trying to avoid ammunition to the usual loud "DLC rants" about content/features supposedly cut from the game for the DLCs or causing less time spent on quality.

But unless its a completely stand a lone expansion (in which case poll away), I'd be disappointed if they don't have a general idea/plan about the expansion (along the lines of what they had during PoE kickstarter) and how it integrates with the story/setting, although I don't really need to know the details at this point.

Edited by Mor

As long as it comes with a 'bury yer nuts' mini game...

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I won't buy the expansion before playing the game. At this point I highly doubt I will dislike the game, everything I've seen was rather great, but I've backed so many projects at this point, that I want to see some finished projects before backing even more. For some crazy reason I could still dislike the gameplay or the controls and it would just frustrate me if I'd also bought the expansion that would be the exact same.

Well, I generally wait for GOTY packs these days and age, since DLC almost comes at the price of a game itself if summed up.

So might aswell *and* get a full package *and* support good old expansion packs.

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee