Can't ever get addons in the future?

So I confirmed my backer tier, and actually bumped it up from the 25$ to the 35$ tier.  I go back to look to see if I can add an add-on later, and it requires me to purchase another digital copy before I can move on to the add-on page.  I just wanted to confirm my tier, and then next month add the expansion and almanac options.  That doesn't seem quite fair.  Is this the way it will stay?  I still want to get these add-ons next month, but you are barring the entrance with another purchase of the digital copy (which, incidentally, went up to 35$ after I confirmed my tier, though I am pretty sure I could have added another for 25$ while I was still confirming my tier 5 minutes earlier).

• Like 1

I was hoping we could just add money later and add more options - it makes sense to allow for this so maybe it's just a site problem at the moment?

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat:

Indeed, ask my pay day is at the end of every month, the middle of the month is not the best time to make such decisions. I'd thought I could just come back later, and add on more, which I intended to do at some point if information on the expansion were added, helping in my decision on that. I might have even added on the 8usd or one of the others. I can't think of a case in which cutting out customers giving you more money, at a later date, would be a good idea, so my assumption is there must be a way to pledge further, at a later time.

I'd hate to be cut out of potentially pledging more simply because, when I discovered the need to confirm myself as a backer, I'd been far away from my end of month payday.

I cannot forget the follies and vices of others so soon as I ought, nor their offenses against myself.

My feelings are not puffed about with every attempt to move them. My temper would

perhaps be called resentful. My good opinion once lost is lost forever.”

- Pride and Prejudice

I've send the same question to the support in regards of the error that occurs when I want to finalize my upgrade. I thought about confirming my current tier and then upgrading it later, but given to what happened to the OP I'll wait for their response.

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones." - Ross Scott

It's not that I'm lazy. I just don't care.

This is kind of why I haven't confirmed my tier (500$ kickstarter.)

Complete Kickstarter Obsidian Pack

Perfect for any collector. This tier includes a digital copy of Pillars of Eternity, a boxed Collector's Edition of the game signed by Chris Avellone, Josh Sawyer, Tim Cain, Feargus Urquhart and the rest of the Eternity crew, all of the Collector's Edition physical add-ons, all of the digital extras, and an Early Access Beta Key. The Early Access Beta Key allows you into the Backer Beta that will be released to backers before the general public. Also, your name and a personalized message on an in-game memorial stone, full color, signed, hard cover Collector's Book, a special gold thanks in the credits, and a gold VIP forum badge. Your name will also go on our top pledger plaque in our office, so we can always remember your special contribution.

This tier includes:

• Your name and a personalized message on a memorial stone in-game.
  • Full Color Printed Hardcover Pillars of Eternity Collector's Book signed by the development team.
  • Gold Pledge VIP Forum Badge.
  • Gold Pledge Special Thanks in-game credits.
  • Collector's Box Version signed by Chris Avellone, Tim Cain, Josh Sawyer, and the rest of the Pillars of Eternity team. The game copy is DRM free for Windows, Mac, or Linux, with DVD and printed manual.
  • Elite Version of the Pillars of Eternity Kickstarter Backer Cloth Patch.
  • Pillars of Eternity's First Expansion.
  • Digital Downloadable copy of Wasteland 2 DRM Free.
  • Cloth Map of the World.
  • Pillars of Eternity Mouse Pad.
  • Early Access Beta Key.
  • Pillars of Eternity T-Shirt.
  • Thank you postcard from the development team.
  • Digital Strategy Guide.
  • Digital Novella by Chris Avellone.
  • Kickstarter Exclusive In-Game Pet.
  • Digital High-Res Game Map.
  • Digital High-Res Concept Art Pieces.
  • Wallpapers for Multiple Monitors.
  • Pillars of Eternity Themed Ringtones.
  • Digital Downloadable Soundtrack in MP3 and FLAC.
  • Digital Collector's Book.
  • Digital Downloadable Copy of Pillars of Eternity, DRM free for Windows, Mac, or Linux.
  • Kickstarter only in-game achievement and item.

The KS tier is missing:

• Digital Download of World Almanac +$15 (include in tiers $50 and above)
  • Digital Audio Book of the Novella by Chris Avellone +$20 (included in tiers $165 and above)
  • Cooking with Tim – An RPG-themed e-Cookbook

Also whatever happened with the Making of Documentary reward?

• We are happy to announce that we are going to include a stream, download, or physical copy of the documentary in all of our Kickstarter reward tiers. At the $20/$25 level you will be able to stream it, at the $35 level you will be able to download it, and at the $140 level (and physical tiers above) we will include a DVD / Blu-ray.

Source: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/obsidian/project-eternity/posts/328390

Edited by Technatorium

I find it hard to believe that Obsidian would refuse to take more money, without making people pledging for another copy.  I would guess it's just not something that has been implemented yet or you need to contact customer support for help.

• Like 1

Give it time folks, I'm sure it's just a mild oversight.

I agree. It seems highly unlikely to me that we aren't allowed to add addons after our pledges. Poor Obsidian must be drowning currently with support tickets about missing badges, forgotten addons, mistakes in the process and assistance with finalizing it. I sent a support ticket in two days ago, right after I realized my mistake, and now I'll wait and give them time to sort everything out. ;)

FdSm3p1.png

Unfortunately, it looks like we can't change things for the time being.

From the Announcements Thread, Update #69:

Q from another thread -> can we pay for add-ons to a tier later or only when we order that tier?

(Can't see a way to go back in and give another $8 for the Obs-Order or $20 for the expansion - only seems to be available when paying for a full tier)

The only time you can add an add-on is when you are managing a pledge. At some point in the future we may try to sell the add-ons separately, but we haven't seriously discussed a timeline for something like that.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat: