Concerns over Missing items from original Kickstarter Tiers

As I was verifying what the 500$ tier I had pledged for on Kickstarter contained versus what the Pillars of Eternity backer portal listed, I noticed a few glaring omissions.

None of the following are listed in the 500$ tier Backer Portal description.

I can not say if they are listed in any of the lower tier descriptions.

1) Digital Download of World Almanac +$15 (include in tiers $50 and above)

2) Digital Audio Book of the Novella by Chris Avellone +$20 (included in tiers $165 and above)

Note: This is the audio book (mp3/flac) not the novella pdf.

3) "Includes Cooking with Tim – An RPG-themed e-Cookbook" (included in tiers $20 and above)

Source: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/obsidian/project-eternity

Also on a sidenote, I had pledged for an Obsidian t-shirt and have seen the price went down from the 25$ I had pledged for to 20$. Now I wish I had something to use that 5$ on heh.

Anyways, I am a bit concerned over these omissions and hope that somebody will verify this. I don't want to commit my pledge until these errors are addressed.

Thank you.

Edit: Adam responded to my original post in the update thread.

Thanks for all the feedback! I'll pass this on to Darren and Brandon.

Source: http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/64737-update-69-pillars-of-eternity/page-8?do=findComment&comment=1396139

Hopefully we will know soon.

Edited by Technatorium

I commited my pledge, but felt like these things would come over none the less. Hope my commitment will not penalize me.

« Celui qui est consumé par la flamme de la justice ne craint ni le ciel, ni l’enfer ; il n’est qu’une arme attendant le jour de sa mort ». (Paul Murphy, l'Enclave, 1971)

The Backer portal seems to have different tiers and listings to the Kickstarter.For instance no mention of the expansion, or the Wasteland 2 digital download - those I think were exclusive to the Kickstarter.

It is listed in the 500$ tier, I can not say for other tiers.

Pledge 1: Complete Kickstarter Obsidian Pack ($500.00)

Complete Kickstarter Obsidian Pack

Perfect for any collector. This tier includes a digital copy of Pillars of Eternity, a boxed Collector's Edition of the game signed by Chris Avellone, Josh Sawyer, Tim Cain, Feargus Urquhart and the rest of the Eternity crew, all of the Collector's Edition physical add-ons, all of the digital extras, and an Early Access Beta Key. The Early Access Beta Key allows you into the Backer Beta that will be released to backers before the general public. Also, your name and a personalized message on an in-game memorial stone, full color, signed, hard cover Collector's Book, a special gold thanks in the credits, and a gold VIP forum badge. Your name will also go on our top pledger plaque in our office, so we can always remember your special contribution.

This tier includes:

Your name and a personalized message on a memorial stone in-game.

Full Color Printed Hardcover Pillars of Eternity Collector's Book signed by the development team.

Gold Pledge VIP Forum Badge.

Gold Pledge Special Thanks in-game credits.

Collector's Box Version signed by Chris Avellone, Tim Cain, Josh Sawyer, and the rest of the Pillars of Eternity team. The game copy is DRM free for Windows, Mac, or Linux, with DVD and printed manual.

Elite Version of the Pillars of Eternity Kickstarter Backer Cloth Patch.

Pillars of Eternity's First Expansion.

Digital Downloadable copy of Wasteland 2 DRM Free.

Cloth Map of the World.

Pillars of Eternity Mouse Pad.

Early Access Beta Key.

Pillars of Eternity T-Shirt.

Thank you postcard from the development team.

Digital Strategy Guide.

Digital Novella by Chris Avellone.

Kickstarter Exclusive In-Game Pet.

Digital High-Res Game Map.

Digital High-Res Concept Art Pieces.

Wallpapers for Multiple Monitors.

Pillars of Eternity Themed Ringtones.

Digital Downloadable Soundtrack in MP3 and FLAC.

Digital Collector's Book.

Digital Downloadable Copy of Pillars of Eternity, DRM free for Windows, Mac, or Linux.

Kickstarter only in-game achievement and item.

From Backer Portal (Bold for emphasis)

I can confirm that I have the $500 kickstarter pledge as well, and I'm missing those things.

Heh.... I almost pledged for them again in the checkout before I double checked the kickstarter page! :)

I'm sure it will get sorted.  Either way, my cart is in limbo until it'll let me process my order.... I'm currently getting some kind of error and can't complete. The servers are likely slammed.

I can confirm that I have the $500 kickstarter pledge as well, and I'm missing those things.

Heh.... I almost pledged for them again in the checkout before I double checked the kickstarter page! :)

I'm sure it will get sorted.  Either way, my cart is in limbo until it'll let me process my order.... I'm currently getting some kind of error and can't complete. The servers are likely slammed.

Make sure you designated what the 8 bucks extra (for the OOoE) is to go towards. Since there's nothing for 8 bucks, I just added it as a Kickstarter Donation. Of course, ignore this if you've already dealt with that. :)

Maybe they intended to have them be different so the kickstarter people would feel like they are rewarded for having pledged earlier on?

Since people from Kickstarter also have to confirm their pledges, I don't think so.

Came here to say that the 140$ tier is also missing things, like the Cookbook for instance. I wanted that the most!  :dancing: 

For the people who want a complete listing of the rewards without having to piece everything together from the Kickstarter tiers:

http://project-eternity.tumblr.com/post/33540911246/project-eternity-reward-tiers

Elan_song.gif

For the people who want a complete listing of the rewards without having to piece everything together from the Kickstarter tiers:

http://project-eternity.tumblr.com/post/33540911246/project-eternity-reward-tiers

It probably would have been a good idea for them to just copy paste from the tumblr for the Backer site, it seems they are working off a list of items that is from Day1 of the KS campaign and is missing a number of items in quite a few tiers.

It probably would have been a good idea for them to just copy paste from the tumblr for the Backer site, it seems they are working off a list of items that is from Day1 of the KS campaign and is missing a number of items in quite a few tiers.

Yeh that seems to be the case.

I also remembered about the Making of Documentary for the KS backers which is also unmentioned in the kickstarter reward tiers.

Source: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/obsidian/project-eternity/posts/328390

Edited by Technatorium

From the Update 69 Thread:

Yeah, there seems to be a lot of data issues with the site right now. I was hesitant to finalize my order as the options included didn't look right, but I did anyway, figuring Obsidian wouldn't have the audacity to try get away with removing items that they previously said would be included in my tier.

If something was listed on the Kickstarter for a specific tier, you will get that item. We just need to update our description.

In other words, they know there is a problem, and they will make sure we get what we pledged for.

/thread

From the Update 69 Thread:

Yeah, there seems to be a lot of data issues with the site right now. I was hesitant to finalize my order as the options included didn't look right, but I did anyway, figuring Obsidian wouldn't have the audacity to try get away with removing items that they previously said would be included in my tier.

If something was listed on the Kickstarter for a specific tier, you will get that item. We just need to update our description.

In other words, they know there is a problem, and they will make sure we get what we pledged for.

/thread

Thanks for the update Pandamanic. Hard to keep track of the dev posts.

Hey, everyone. I just wanted to apologize for the confusion. I have updated the tiers with what I think should be everything. If you guys happen to see any other stuff, let me know and I will make sure that it gets properly updated. Thanks for all of your help.

• Like 5