Ah, ****! I selected a free donation instead of the Obsidian order( noticed it too late).

Oh, well. Who gives a damn...

Yeah, I did the same thing, overlooked the Order option in my excitement.

Wait, there was an Obsidian Order option?  Damn,  I didn't see that.  I just chose the free donation...  I wonder if it matters if we didn't chose it?

Wait, there was an Obsidian Order option?  Damn,  I didn't see that.  I just chose the free donation...  I wonder if it matters if we didn't chose it?

Well, technically, isn't the point of the order that we donate at least $8 extra?

Edited by kenup

It all looks pretty terrific. Thanks for the update. :)

I do have one request to make: would it be possible to desynchronize the running motions so it doesn't look like everybody is performing the exact same animation simultaneously? It looks a little too machine-like.

Everybody gets military training in the Dyrwood. Even the spiders.

• Like 1

I have a project. It's a tabletop RPG. It's free. It's a work in progress. Find it here: www.brikoleur.com

Well, technically, isn't the point of the order that we donate at least $8 extra?

Yeah, I just saw that it offers a badge too.  Good thing I haven't completed the whole process as I am waiting to hear back about combining my pledge to a higher tier as it won't let me right now.

I just watched the video at home and I have to say it's really the most beautiful game I've ever seen. Not to gush, but I'm a fan of what can be done with pre-rendered over 3D and it looks fantastic.

• Like 2
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

The video is great! The game appears to be shaping up nicely.

I'm having some problems with the backer portal, though. I was getting the "500 - Kerflufflupogus attack" error, and some of the "An error occurred processing your order. Please try again later. If the problem persists, please contact us." one when trying to log in. Now I'm logged in, but still getting the latter error when trying to finalize my order. I'll give it some more time before sending a support ticket.

Hey, I think I'm getting more credit than I should for addons? I pledged $40, got the $20 early access tier, and still have $40 available for addons. Is this correct? I thought it would only be the extra money, and pledge $20 extra for the expansion. If I was wrong about this, I'd love to add another $5 for beta, but if not, wouldn't want to take extra from Obsidian.

Hi Eldryth, I passed this along to the support folks.

Just wondering.  It was mentioned during the KS campaign about combining a pledge made through KS and Paypal (some people had to split payment) to get to a higher tier.  The reason was because of only Amazon payment, and some, like me, had to split the payment.  I did, but there is no option to combine both payments into a higher tier (unless I somehow missed this).  I am only getting an option to select 2 different tiers based on the payment amount.  Was wondering if there was a way, besides contacting support, to do this?

If it's not showing you what you'd ideally like to do because of multiple pledges, yeah, you'll need to contact support so they can change one of your pledges to get into the right upgrade path. You can do automatically if you have a 'Needs More Info' link on any of your pledges. If not, just contact them at support@obsidian.net or via the contact form.

The video is great! The game appears to be shaping up nicely.

I'm having some problems with the backer portal, though. I was getting the "500 - Kerflufflupogus attack" error, and some of the "An error occurred processing your order. Please try again later. If the problem persists, please contact us." one when trying to log in. Now I'm logged in, but still getting the latter error when trying to finalize my order. I'll give it some more time before sending a support ticket.

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/64748-cant-complete-order/

The DB is currently going crazy - Admin knows and hopefully the issue will be addressed CheeseGraterSuicide - have you also submitted a report so you can get in the queue in case you might need to be contacted?

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon:

Same here. The POST comes back with a 302 FOUND instead of a 200 OK and some content, which can't be right. Could be we're just overloading the poor thing.

Sadly I think that might be... I'm whipping the hamsters but they don't look amused! :)

If the whip isn't working, try dangling some some giant sunflower seeds or broccoli from a string in front of their noses! ;)
  • Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Anyone know ... if one's forum account uses one email address but your Kickstarter email address is different and you had to "link" it, which email to use in the customer information form? Does it matter?

The form wants to default to my forum email address but should I use the one associated with the actual KS order? I'm easily confuddled, you see.

Doesn't matter. I put a different e-mail. The linking of e-mails is to get the correct tier from their database AFAIK.

Yep, that's correct - if you had separate e-mail addresses used to pledge previously, we just use it to fetch and associate the pledge to your account. It's not used or needed otherwise.

Just wondering.  It was mentioned during the KS campaign about combining a pledge made through KS and Paypal (some people had to split payment) to get to a higher tier.  The reason was because of only Amazon payment, and some, like me, had to split the payment.  I did, but there is no option to combine both payments into a higher tier (unless I somehow missed this).  I am only getting an option to select 2 different tiers based on the payment amount.  Was wondering if there was a way, besides contacting support, to do this?

If it's not showing you what you'd ideally like to do because of multiple pledges, yeah, you'll need to contact support so they can change one of your pledges to get into the right upgrade path. You can do automatically if you have a 'Needs More Info' link on any of your pledges. If not, just contact them at support@obsidian.net or via the contact form.

Yeah, I didn't think about that when the 'Need more information' was available at the Manage My Pledges screen.  I choose the 'donation' option.  Whoops.  I just contacted them about that, and hopefully they  can work it out.  Originally I thought it was asking what the extra $8 was for, which was for the OOoE, but if it was asking what the whole pledge was for I messed up.

Maybe a good thing to do would be to have some sort of (?) option that further explains and maybe gives an example of what each choice means.

Edit:  Also, the system probably should still recognize that I am elidgible for an upgraded tier.. It shows "You've Paid 1,008.00" and "Balance Remaining 1,008.00".  Also, maybe there could be a way to program into the system the ability to go back and change what the 'Needs More Info' selection is.

Edited by StromIV

Ah, ****! I selected a free donation instead of the Obsidian order( noticed it too late).

Oh, well. Who gives a damn...

It's OK :) Since you already have your Obsidian Order title, you're good to go!

Cool! Thanks for the clarification.