Graphics are very nice. Music is meh. The animations need some work (but look great for pre-alpha). The title doesn't exactly roll off the tounge, but it will suffice.

oh, and here is heh-heh number 2:

e1dfdi.jpg

And more Pillars of Eternity:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwWnx91Rq_E

"Now to find a home for my other staff."
My Project Eternity Interview with Adam Brennecke

The teaser was amazing, I am as excited now about the project as I was during the days of the Kickstarter campaign.

A good number of my favorite RPG franchises were screwed up in recent years by shoddy development, poor design decisions or atrocious writing. Eternity fills the hole, it really is good to have a new well made world to get lost in, I have a feeling this is a franchise I will be with for a very long time. :)

Absolutely great update!

So glad I peaked the website last night before falling asleep. I fell asleep thinking of what a great game I will playing next year!

Please do not rush it when you are getting to the end of production! Keep up the great work!

Dang... this thread is moving faster than I can read it. And I read goddamn fast! >_<

I am also suffering from the inability of finishing my pledge.

I am also partly posting this to check whether my backer badge won't appear though. :p

Edit: It hasn't  :unsure:

Edited by Elmithian
  • Like 1

Finding truth is a turn,
that a tester should apply with a pun
and report when it crashes his fun

Therein there is no gain,
but to aid those in pain,
for the helpful need to be
those who the truth will see

-------

Testing is a concept of trust
Trust between the big and the small
Trust that needs to be strong as a wall
Otherwise lies will turn it to rust

Hear me thee big o' man
Believe in the words I speak

And I will do my best for the community
To experience the best of your complexity

Written by:

- Elmithian (me)

Sorry if its been said but it would be nice, for those who have no brain like me, if the addon selection mentioned if your tier already has that item in it.

As mentioned elsewhere and at different tiers the almanac is missing from all the tiers I can see.

Just wondering.  It was mentioned during the KS campaign about combining a pledge made through KS and Paypal (some people had to split payment) to get to a higher tier.  The reason was because of only Amazon payment, and some, like me, had to split the payment.  I did, but there is no option to combine both payments into a higher tier (unless I somehow missed this).  I am only getting an option to select 2 different tiers based on the payment amount.  Was wondering if there was a way, besides contacting support, to do this?

You should just contact support. We can make sure you get the proper tier.

IMfo3pq.png

Hope it doesn't mean that I have to pick gog key instead of steam key. This "DRM free" scares me...

No, you will be able to choose your distribution platform (Steam included). This "DRM-free" text is same for every single tier, not only for slacker backers. The wording is maybe a bit misunderstanding, but don't worry, you will be able to chose. :)

35167v4.jpg

IMfo3pq.png

Hope it doesn't mean that I have to pick gog key instead of steam key. This "DRM free" scares me...

DRM Free scares you? That means it doesn't have any copy protection. Given the new portal, I'm going to assume the options will be Steam, GoG or direct download from the game's portal site. (There was a download button on the delivery part when finalizing your pledge information.)

I'll probably use Steam since it will manage my patches. That is unless Obsidian has some expense tied to Steam delivery of backer products. In that case I'll just download it from the portal or wherever so it won't cost them anything.

Fere libenter homines id quod volunt credunt. - Julius Caesar

:facepalm: #define TRUE (!FALSE)

I ran across an article where the above statement was found in a release tarball. LOL! Who does something like this? Predictably, this oddity was found when the article's author tried to build said tarball and the compiler promptly went into cardiac arrest. If you're not a developer, imagine telling someone the literal meaning of up is "not down". Such nonsense makes computers, and developers... angry.

@LordCrash Thanks for your help.

And can somebody tell me something more about "First Expansion Pack" than "it will be good and big DLC" (hope it isn't offtopic)? I didn't see it before and I can't find any detailed informations about it.

Yeah, there seems to be a lot of data issues with the site right now. I was hesitant to finalize my order as the options included didn't look right, but I did anyway, figuring Obsidian wouldn't have the audacity to try get away with removing items that they previously said would be included in my tier.

If something was listed on the Kickstarter for a specific tier, you will get that item. We just need to update our description.

• Like 3

Yeah, there seems to be a lot of data issues with the site right now. I was hesitant to finalize my order as the options included didn't look right, but I did anyway, figuring Obsidian wouldn't have the audacity to try get away with removing items that they previously said would be included in my tier.

If something was listed on the Kickstarter for a specific tier, you will get that item. We just need to update our description.

Cool, as I said, I gave you the benefit of the doubt on this and went ahead and finalized the order.

"Now to find a home for my other staff."
My Project Eternity Interview with Adam Brennecke

One more observation:

When I clicked manage my pledge button first, I saw only several pledge levels. I selected the one indicated by your system, as I guess it is corrected.

On my second attempt to check & add some addons I saw much wider pledge list - starting with much lower $$$ pledge levels.

I didn't finish that as there was not my pledge level anymore (Digital Fun Pack).

Is this a bug?

I really don't remember what was my pledge amount and selection, I just hope your system was right with my first attempt.

I just know that I didn't include beta access a year back and I wished to add it (together with dig.strategy guide) which I successfully added and paid by paypal, no problems here.

This is correct. You finalized your Kickstarter pledge and started a new one with the new, retail prices for any pledges created after the backer portal was released.

I think the Badges on the forum could be a bit smaller, if they could make them about a third the size of the portrait and arrange them horizontally side by side then we could get 3 badges under Location without widening that column and also leave room for future badges on a second row.

THIS

Three smaller badges all on one horizontal level (e.g. backer level badge, kickstarter badge, and OOoE badge) would be way better than the big badges now. :)

35167v4.jpg

I had repeated trouble trying to finalize my order on Firefox, so I had to switch to IE to finish it.

In any case, I was really happy seeing the trailer yesterday and I'm loving how it looks so far. I'm eagerly awaiting to see what the finished game will be like!

I had repeated trouble trying to finalize my order on Firefox, so I had to switch to IE to finish it.

In any case, I was really happy seeing the trailer yesterday and I'm loving how it looks so far. I'm eagerly awaiting to see what the finished game will be like!

trouble in chrome as well, though IE works fine.

@Micamo, and I'm hoping it won't. Animations are expensive, and these look more than good enough – way better than the IE games anyway. I hope they'll put that effort into polishing and improving the content instead.

TBH it's actually more bothersome than it was in the IE games, since they were 2D, pixel-y, and didn't even try to make the combat sequences visually make sense. The more effort they put into the attack animations and flashy spell effects, the worse impact small defects like that make. It's a lot like the uncanny valley effect, really.

• Like 1

Long time lurker, first time poster. Or maybe I have already posted, but can't remember. Whatevs. Anyway.

I was beyond gutted that I missed the Kickstarter for this as I was unemployed at the time so couldn't donate. Over the moon that I can get my hands on the collector's edition and a physical box! I've been watching the game progress in the updates for a while now and it looks so fantastic I can hardly wait.

My only slight criticism is that, as someone a few pages back said, that the animations for the characters look too samey and they can sometimes look like they're floating over the ground. Alpha is alpha, etc!

Keep up the great work! Can't wait for this, I do hope you release at a different time to the new Torment game, that's another that'll need my full attention!

You read my post.

You have been eaten by a grue.