Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Update #69: Pillars of Eternity

Pillars of Eternity Project Eternity Teaser Gameplay New Name Logo Backer Portal Stretch Goals Interviews Articles

• Please log in to reply
489 replies to this topic

Labadal

Labadal

Janitor of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 3949 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Gold Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Why is there an option to fill in a company name in my shipping info. I know it's a stupid question, but I'm asking anyway.

GhoulishVisage

GhoulishVisage

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 204 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

Are we going to get any more Arcanum playthrough with the next update?
It's really been a while.

• Michael_Galt likes this

Monte Carlo

Monte Carlo

Vorpal Panzerfaust of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 6720 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:MonteCarlo
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

What's the big green 'K' for anyhow? WHY DON'T I HAVE ONE?

drake heath

drake heath

Lord Commissar of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 83 posts

It keeps on sending me back to address with "Country" selected when I try to check out.

I put United States, and spelled it right, why isn't it working?

Stramonio

Stramonio

(0) Nub

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

Great name!!

SophosTheWise

SophosTheWise

Weird Bard of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 481 posts
  • PSN Portable ID:Caedryan
  • Xbox Gamertag:Sophos The Wise

Interesting:

(via SA/Codex)

http://www.nosleepforthewatcher.com/

Humanoid

Humanoid

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3838 posts

It's been so long that I can't remember what combination of addons I had planned for myself to reach the pledge amount I ended up with.

Actually, this doesn't matter. The pledge options are really well set-up and easy to understand. I even had twenty bucks pledged that I forgot about and I was able to order a tee-shirt.

Just had a look, and yeah, looks good. But I have funds for two t-shirts when I don't remember specifically adding on cash for two t-shirts. But eh, two t-shirts it is.

Would be useful to have some sizing information for them however, or at least what brand T-shirts they'll be printed on, lest I fall into the American Apparel trap.

EDIT: Looks like I'm confused because the T-shirt was a $25 addon, but is now $20 in the portal. But that would mean I probably had a mousepad addon instead planned. But I don't remember that either....

Edited by Humanoid, 10 December 2013 - 02:47 PM.

Monte Carlo

Monte Carlo

Vorpal Panzerfaust of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 6720 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:MonteCarlo
  • Kickstarter Backer

Central Ops IP lookup...

Registrant Name: Chris Benson
Registrant Organization: Obsidian Entertainment, Inc.
Registrant Street: 8105 Irvine Center Dr.
Registrant Street: Suite 200
Registrant City: Irvine
Registrant State/Province: California
Registrant Postal Code: 92618
Registrant Country: United States
Registrant Phone: (949) 379-3330

Edited by Monte Carlo, 10 December 2013 - 02:43 PM.

Darkpriest

Darkpriest

(9) Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1396 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

"An Error occurred processing your order."

Same here.

Yup.

I hope this is because the site's getting hammered or something and not because I'm a weird foreigner with a weird foreign phone number.

Am also a weird foreigner with weird numbers and address. 

Also, if Justin Bell reads this: I love the music. It's a lot better than the Kickstarter music (which was also awesome), so kudos! I really enjoyed it. As Pierce Hawthorne would say: It's streets ahead!

"An Error occurred processing your order."

Same here.

For those getting this error, did you try again? It looks like it went through because your badge is showing up.

Well i got the error as well. Isn't badge working simply when you link the forum account to the mail account that pledged, but shipping info, phone, pledge type etc. are still not getting processed?

EDIT: *apparently I did not get the badge and still can't finalize the pledge thing*

EDIT 2: so it went through a moment ago after several tries, but why no badge on the forum? O.o is  it because my forum e-mail is different than KS e-mail?

EDIT 3: and then the badge appears, although I have no idea what are the rules for them and why I do not get KS badge... It does not matter though as long as I get what I ordered :D

Edited by Darkpriest, 10 December 2013 - 03:08 PM.

J.E. Sawyer

J.E. Sawyer

Project Director

• Developers+
  • 2995 posts

Why is there an option to fill in a company name in my shipping info. I know it's a stupid question, but I'm asking anyway.

A lot of people have things shipped to where they work.

Ezelek

Ezelek

(0) Nub

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Steam:[LLJK] Ezelek
  • Xbox Gamertag:Ezelek
  • Kickstarter Backer

Some people tend to get packages sent to their place of work so that there is always someone available to accept delivery.

EDIT: DAMNIT SAWYER. ON MY FIRST POST.

Edited by Ezelek, 10 December 2013 - 02:46 PM.

• Rostere, Oner, Posbi and 6 others like this

Grape_You_In_The_Mouth

Grape_You_In_The_Mouth

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 76 posts

YEAHHH

Negative Reactions

-Combat in the video looked incredibly still.  I was shocked by how this affected my immediate reaction.  Maybe some more combat stancing lean-ery.

-The fog/vapor effects falling down the door during the bridge crossing looked like ****.  I'm only saying this because I don't care about aesthetics, and this bad VFX is one thing I know you would be better to invest your own personal income in changing if necessary.

-The portraits in the beginning looked still as well.  Glam it up with some more action in the glowy intro VFX to settle into the portrait.

-"The Watcher", if a large part of the story, may pack less of an impact as it sounds so close to the Witcher.  A name change (Seer, etc.) might be a good change just because of the way people's brains work.

Positive Reactions

-Dragon was badass

-Love seeing the spells

-Logo is good

-Music is fitting

-Love you guyz 4 ever super coolies

Edited by Grape_You_In_The_Mouth, 10 December 2013 - 03:24 PM.

• JFSOCC and Pipyui like this

Tale

Tale

Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • 10968 posts
  • Steam:Tale
  • PSN Portable ID:Taleroth
  • Kickstarter Backer

It keeps on sending me back to address with "Country" selected when I try to check out.

Same error, I put in a report on the contact form.

Majek

Majek

Obsidian Order's Whatchamacallit

• Members
  • 2907 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

It's been so long that I can't remember what combination of addons I had planned for myself to reach the pledge amount I ended up with.

Actually, this doesn't matter. The pledge options are really well set-up and easy to understand. I even had twenty bucks pledged that I forgot about and I was able to order a tee-shirt.

You sure you didn't pledge that for the Expansion Pack? :lol:

And i got the error as well. Tried twice.  Oh well, no hurry.

Lephys

Lephys

Punsmith of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 7245 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

I think that's actually a drop-down menu, such that what you type into it isn't actually a selection, even if it's the "same" string of characters as a valid selection. There's nothing visually denoting that as a drop-down menu, as opposed to a simple text-entry field, which is confusing. Same with State. Someone might want to slap a little down-arrow button onto those two bits.

Anywhoz... try typing PART of your country name, wait for the list to pop up, then click on your country name to select it from the list. I bet it'll work then.

Edited by Lephys, 10 December 2013 - 02:50 PM.

Srefanius

Srefanius

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 4 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Nicely done Obsidian, good name!

But what really is hitting me hard: I can't get over the fact how beautiful the new website looks, the art is so damn good!

drake heath

drake heath

Lord Commissar of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 83 posts

I think that's actually a drop-down menu, such that what you type into it isn't actually a selection, even if it's the "same" string of characters as a valid selection. There's nothing visually denoting that as a drop-down menu, as opposed to a simple text-entry field, which is confusing. Same with State. Someone might want to slap a little down-arrow button onto those two bits.

Anywhoz... try typing PART of your country name, wait for the list to pop up, then click on your country name to select it from the list. I bet it'll work then.

Yeah, that fixed it, thanks.

Tale

Tale

Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • 10968 posts
  • Steam:Tale
  • PSN Portable ID:Taleroth
  • Kickstarter Backer

I THINK WE HAVE A WINNER!

Thanks a lot.

Lephys

Lephys

Punsmith of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 7245 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

Hehe. No problem. For once, my androidish attention to detail was actually useful, instead of just being annoying and resulting in 700% more words in a post.

Self-appointed Unpaid Intern Lephys, here. AT YOUR SERVICE!

Edited by Lephys, 10 December 2013 - 03:05 PM.

ryukenden

ryukenden

Archwarrior of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 233 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

Hell yes. This is the big update i'm been waiting all along. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Pillars of Eternity, Project Eternity, Teaser, Gameplay, New Name, Logo, Backer Portal, Stretch Goals, Interviews, Articles

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users