Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Update #69: Pillars of Eternity

Pillars of Eternity Project Eternity Teaser Gameplay New Name Logo Backer Portal Stretch Goals Interviews Articles

• Please log in to reply
489 replies to this topic

StrangeCat

StrangeCat

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 159 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

You cannot judge anything yet.

That's a bit of an overkill reaction (to the opposite extreme). It's not that we can't judge anything. We can judge plenty. But, mainly:

1) Certain things are pointless to judge (such as stuff that hasn't even made its way into the game build yet)
2) Judging things using "what this should do/be when the game is complete" is pretty pointless.

That's all I'm saying. Don't judge a half-painted wall by saying "Man, the rest of that wall is TOTALLY still unpainted! That's a TERRIBLE design!" And don't judge things until you can actually see them. "I'm waiting for dessert, but it's not even on the table yet to taste, so... this absence of dessert in my mouth right now doesn't taste like I think dessert should, so I'm gonna say the dessert is TERRIBLE!"

I don't think anything you say is going to change the development in anyway these are professionals that know what they are doing and have everything set up to go exactly as they need to to make there budget and time line. 

Your Judgemnet on the development isn't going to change there pipeline.  Say what you like if that satisfies you.

This after all is all about letting people see the development process.

your wall metaphor is horrible along with your desert. 

• Hiro Protagonist II and Fashion Mage like this

Zzealot

Zzealot

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 10 posts
Hey Obsidian, do you plan to add PoE assembly behavior scenarios, something like it was in Dragon Age: Origins?
That would be great.

Sorry for bad english - google translate

Lephys

Lephys

Punsmith of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 7245 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

I don't think anything you say is going to change the development in anyway these are professionals that know what they are doing and have everything set up to go exactly as they need to to make there budget and time line. 
  Your Judgemnet on the development isn't going to change there pipeline.  Say what you like if that satisfies you.
This after all is all about letting people see the development process.
your wall metaphor is horrible along with your desert.

My my... Someone's a little ray of sunshine today, aren't they?

Obsidian has told us on multiple occasions that they openly welcome and value our feedback. So, if you think they're liars, then you think they're liars. I don't see what that has to do with what I say or don't say.

Frankly, I couldn't care less whether or not you agree with anything I've said. I'm not here to enforce people's beliefs. I'm simply sharing my insight. Value it or don't, but insulting my metaphors and trying to make things personal doesn't accomplish anything.

There's simply a reasonable way of offering feedback, resulting in objectively valuable "judgement," and an unreasonable way of doing so. No matter how perfectly fine it is for everyone to have whatever opinion they want, it doesn't change the fact that some of them are objectively useful when it comes to making game design decisions, and some of them aren't.

I had no hand in the creation of reason, so it really doesn't do any good to complain about what is and isn't reasonable to me. As if my suddenly changing my mind would have any effect on the truth.

Also, food for thought: If it doesn't make any difference whether we provide feedback or not, then what's the point in convincing me or anyone else of that? What difference is it going to make, according to your belief, whether I read your post just now, or didn't? Whether I changed my mind, or just kept believing what I believe, true or otherwise?
  • BruceVC, RaccoonTOF and Reever like this

Metabot

Metabot

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 436 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

Update today?

Falkon Swiftblade

Falkon Swiftblade

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 777 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Update today?

from my experience I usually see it post ~ 11:30pm ET on days where there's an update. The nice thing about these updates is they get more interesting each time as everything starts to come together! I hope it's not a tiny one since the last was a big one. It'd been a month, so hopefully its a goody!

Lephys

Lephys

Punsmith of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 7245 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
I would bet next Tuesday, at the earliest. They didn't even get back from holidays 'til sometime last week, so they've barely had a whole week back at work (if that long). I'd set your sights on this coming Tuesday, if I had to guess. :)
  • JFSOCC likes this

PhantomEidolon

PhantomEidolon

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

I have a question too. The name in "consumer information" is what is going to be used in credits, etc, right? And the real important name is just the one in the shipping details, yes?

I too would like to know about this. I have read through the entire thread and didn't seem to find any real confirmation if this was the case or not.

Magnus Navarre

Magnus Navarre

(0) Nub

• Members
  • 2 posts

A superb update, watching the teaser and the thought of playing the game brings back sweet childhood memories.

zebrotavr

zebrotavr

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
I have a question considering pledge management. 
Does the option "I want to buy addons and/or join the Obsidian Order of Eternity" means "Digital Download of Expansion Pack +$20 (included in tiers $165 and above)" or something else? because i donated 20 more bucks for this option...

Edited by zebrotavr, 16 January 2014 - 09:21 AM.

Mechos

Mechos

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 3 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

Forgive me for dredging this up from the depths, but I'm afraid I'm having a small bit of trouble updating my pledge (I know, I know, I was a bit slow on getting around to it).

Namely, I have my pledge, the guide, and the expansion in my cart, but when I go to payment method, the only options available are PayPal and Stripe. Is this really all that is available, and I can't simply pay through Amazon or through my credit card directly? Or am I missing something?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Pillars of Eternity, Project Eternity, Teaser, Gameplay, New Name, Logo, Backer Portal, Stretch Goals, Interviews, Articles

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users