Pretty sure one can't assume that huge spiders would equals smalls only bigger, stronger, faster.

There's a reason insects stopped being huge, and given most of those fantasy worlds are more or less similar to nowadays Earth, their biology would have to obey same rules (not enough oxygen for expanded metabolism). And lets not forget physics - can't imagine something horse sized would climb over ceiling using same principles as the "ordinary" spiders do... It's weight would be to much for friction to keep em up there. At least for smooth ceilings without additional solid gripping points.

Those are things people far smarter than me pointed out, i.e. scientist ;)

Sure - but for the 'on the ceiling' thing - I was just thinking of webbing giving it some grip.

Having spiders that large just wouldn't work in the real world, but going all out and figuring out the biology would be to miss the point -> they're large, creepy and fast.

They have webbing to stick you with.

Did I mention they're creepy? But the BG spiders weren't creepy at all - check for traps, select, attack, wait.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat:

So the part on the backer's site that says "Pledges" -> "No pledges associated" doesn't refer to orders that have gone through?  Just pre-pledges that were to be managed?

Edit: and Q from another thread -> can we pay for add-ons to a tier later or only when we order that tier?

(Can't see a way to go back in and give another $8 for the Obs-Order or $20 for the expansion - only seems to be available when paying for a full tier)

Edited by Silent Winter

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat:

In the gameplay trailer at 1:03, the explosion litteraly disintegrates the mummies/living deads.

I just wanted to notice that i feel like it looks really bad.

Lots of people said that the animations were not very good, but i don't say that, i think these types of graphics will still be nice in 2100.

I just wanted to say that monsters disappearing AT THE MOMENT the fireball hits the target, it sucks.

See by yourself and reply your impressions.

(Sorry for my English)

• Like 3

In the gameplay trailer at 1:03, the explosion litteraly disintegrates the mummies/living deads.

I just wanted to notice that i feel like it looks really bad.

Lots of people said that the animations were not very good, but i don't say that, i think these types of graphics will still be nice in 2100.

I just wanted to say that monsters disappearing AT THE MOMENT the fireball hits the target, it sucks.

See by yourself and reply your impressions.

(Sorry for my English)

they dont. look closer, they blow to pieces and are scattered around

• Like 1

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

It's been a year+ now, I've been busy with work etc, so when I got that email to tell me me the trailer has been launched, I couldn't help myself and watched it from work and my god, the shivers I had. This just makes me so damn proud. We're the guys who made it happen and by gods, it looks good.

Thanks everyone who made this happen.

Just registered here so this shall be my first contribution for the greater good!

After seeing the trailer, I must say I'm very pleased about what I saw. Almost scary how much it does look like the old IE games but still modern so no complaints in that.

Little glimpse of actual gameplay would've been nice but I guess they want to build up the hype and so on.

• Like 1

Just registered here so this shall be my first contribution for the greater good!

After seeing the trailer, I must say I'm very pleased about what I saw. Almost scary how much it does look like the old IE games but still modern so no complaints in that.

Little glimpse of actual gameplay would've been nice but I guess they want to build up the hype and so on.

Solmyr! You have found your way to this magnificent game also :) 

Because giant spiders are awesome.

No, they are icky, overused, and usually done all wrong.

And, despite that, still awesome. That article is BS by the way, in a sense that you can't do things like that in an RPG like PE, because it would make them too OP compared to other creatures. And some tings just cannot be done because of engine limitations.

The article does have some good ideas though - increasing their speed across the ground for example.

I'd like them to have proper creepy sound-effects too for their scuttling.

(I'm a bit arachnophobic but haven't been scared by computer game spiders since Eye of the Beholder - but then they could get behind you *shudder*)

If you didn't feel the inescapable urge to scream like a little girl at that last gif in the article, you ain't a proper arachnophobe. *shudder*

I honestly think that you must have insanity rules in your game if you want to include spiders. Seriously, f*** them.

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."

Solmyr! You have found your way to this magnificent game also :)

Sure thing. I enjoyed the games from late 90's and early 00's so when there's a chance of bringing something from there can't just sit back. ^^

Updated my pledge, was very easy and quick to do.

Was planning to throw more money at Obsidian, but aside from the 2 I paid for with Kickstarter (Order and Expansion) I can't say any additional options where... interesting. The few friends I have already backed PE themselves, so additional copies needed, the beta is a wee bit too expansive (more so than the main game!) and I am pretty sure a few of the others were already included in my tier anyway. Not that I want a stategy book, I want to figure it all out myself.

So the sad thruth turns out... you didn't get more money from me, even if such was my attention. :/

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Awesome trailer, even when i think it's kind of "risky" to make it public with obviously unfinished animations. Most of us here know the game is in development, animations are alpha, etc. But many internet peoplez will watch and think something like "dat animation lolz". And i know what im saying, i play lots of dota2 which means i know lots of internet peoplez.

Because giant spiders are awesome.

No, they are icky, overused, and usually done all wrong.

And, despite that, still awesome. That article is BS by the way, in a sense that you can't do things like that in an RPG like PE, because it would make them too OP compared to other creatures. And some tings just cannot be done because of engine limitations.

It's also BS in the sense that the author is attempting to scale the behavior of tiny spiders into spiders that are the size of a dog. Biophysics and animal behavior doesn't work that way. Spiders that size shouldn't even exist, but if they did, their jumping ability would certainly be much scaled down. Their hunting tactics would also most likely have evolved quite differently from their smaller brethren.

• Like 1

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

I am now at the Backer Portal. Will I be able to go back to make changes after I have finalized my pledge?

+1.

Also, for how long will we be able to upgrade our pledges?

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

So the part on the backer's site that says "Pledges" -> "No pledges associated" doesn't refer to orders that have gone through?  Just pre-pledges that were to be managed?

Edit: and Q from another thread -> can we pay for add-ons to a tier later or only when we order that tier?

(Can't see a way to go back in and give another $8 for the Obs-Order or $20 for the expansion - only seems to be available when paying for a full tier)

The only time you can add an add-on is when you are managing a pledge. At some point in the future we may try to sell the add-ons separately, but we haven't seriously discussed a timeline for something like that.

Can someone tell me pls if it's possible to pledge 35$ and then add the Campaign Almanac and Digital Collector's Book as add ons? What is the difference between these two? 

Also I've noticed that at 45$ you get the digital collector's book ...... no Almanac:( is the Almanac available only as an addon?