I think the Badges on the forum could be a bit smaller, if they could make them about a third the size of the portrait and arrange them horizontally side by side then we could get 3 badges under Location without widening that column and also leave room for future badges on a second row.

I copied out the list of items listed as part of the $250 tier and compared them to the list of items shown in the image of the $250 tier rewards at the bottom of the main KS page, here ae the things I couldn't match up:

The Backer Site lists Cloth patch and Elite cloth patch / the KS page lists only Cloth patch (bonus?)

The Backer Site lists Printed Collectors book / the KS page says Hardcover collectors book (small difference, important to some)

The Backer Site lists: Digital Game Map. Digital Concept Art, Wallpapers and Ringtones  / i assume these are part of the KS listed Digital Fun pack?

What is not listed on the Backer Site but is listed as part of the $250 tier on KS are the following:

Wasteland 2 Digital Download

Thank You postcard

KS In game Item

Digital Fun pack (see above)

Collectors Hardcover (see above)

Cooking with Tim (digital recipes?)

Expansion Digital Download

Digital Strategy Guide

Campaign Almanac

I'd advise anyone with time and the other tiers to go to the Backer site, copy out the list of items in their tier (https://eternity.obsidian.net/backer/tiers) and then go to the KS page an scroll down to the images of what is in each tier (http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/obsidian/project-eternity).  Compare the two and list any differences.

Edited by Rabain
  • Like 1

Oh man, that teaser...I haven't really bothered participating in the community forums for any game that I have so far backed on Kickstarter, but now I feel compelled to follow the developments a little more closely for this.

Because giant spiders are awesome.

No, they are icky, overused, and usually done all wrong.

And, despite that, still awesome. That article is BS by the way, in a sense that you can't do things like that in an RPG like PE, because it would make them too OP compared to other creatures. And some tings just cannot be done because of engine limitations.

J_C from Codexia

Fantastic site and teaser video Obsidian! Totally worth the wait.

I can pretty much echo the sentiments from others in this thread in that the gameplay footage looks great, but there is room for additional work in character animations and perhaps spell effects.

Overall, the footage screams "infinity engine game" and evoked a thrilling sense of nostalgia and excitement in me. I can't wait for the final game!

Hi, great update!thx for your hard work.

i would ask: how many years of work has taken to create BG & BG2?

I'd like to wait one more year or two if it's worth for a better job.

example: in the trailer i have seen in 2 different scenes the same  boring blue mosaic square, i hope to see in the game something more, like the sparkling and beautiful mosaics of BG!

keep it up, the wait is sweet for the sage :-))

Hi, great update!thx for your hard work.

i would ask: how many years of work has taken to create BG & BG2?

I'd like to wait one more year or two if it's worth for a better job.

example: in the trailer i have seen in 2 different scenes the same  boring blue mosaic square, i hope to see in the game something more, like the sparkling and beautiful mosaics of BG!

keep it up, the wait is sweet for the sage :-))

Hey guys, I just finished my backer account setup and have just two questions:

1. What is the difference between these addons:

- as mentioned in the KS campaign: Digital Download of Campaign Almanac +$15 (included in tiers $50 and above)

- Backer portal addon option: Digital World Almanac +$15

This seems the same to me and I think it is already included in my $50 Digital Fun Pack. Please confirm.

2. I just wished to review the addons and cannot somehow see and (if necessary) select any additional addon after finishing my pledge selection. This is strange. Is there any chance to add something more???

• Like 1

Wonderful update!

The delightful sensation the trailer evokes of embarking on a brand new, grand-scale adventure, combined with the nostalgia that the look of the game conveys, has a powerful effect indeed. Pillars of Eternity wrought from the roots of RPG classics; we're going to be in for a treat, ladies and gentlemen!

Chronicler of the Obsidian Order; for the pen is mightier than the sword!

One more observation:

When I clicked manage my pledge button first, I saw only several pledge levels. I selected the one indicated by your system, as I guess it is corrected.

On my second attempt to check & add some addons I saw much wider pledge list - starting with much lower $$$ pledge levels.

I didn't finish that as there was not my pledge level anymore (Digital Fun Pack).

Is this a bug?

I really don't remember what was my pledge amount and selection, I just hope your system was right with my first attempt.

I just know that I didn't include beta access a year back and I wished to add it (together with dig.strategy guide) which I successfully added and paid by paypal, no problems here.

Although the artistic direction looks pleasing to me, with the exception of how characters look, the animations left me wanting. The characters don't look that good imo, although the backrounds are very nice.

Good to see something from in-game running though.

So the pillars of eternity, are they pillars of Adra? that shiny material of which the logo seems to be made? this material was considered valuable, perhaps it stores souls or soul energy? A way to keep your soul eternal? Maybe it provides a portal or link to the world where souls go before reincarnation? making every site with Adra interesting for diviners and the like.

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

It was cool enough, but I was hoping for somewhat more unique monsters than generic bandits, spiders (why does it always have to be spiders?), and a dragon.

Yup. But once they show an uniquely designed monster variation (think the trolls) half-the-forum went up in flames demanding them to hold true to some version of REAL trolls.

So I suppose unique or generic are 2 different people's entirely.

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

This trailer confirms everything I have believed in since I read the Kickstarter pitch: Obsidian is the only company who could do this and do it well. (Okay, I'm also hoping inXile will be able to pull it off but to be honest I'm not too sure about them) Everything looks gorgeous and exactly the kind of style that we know, love, and were expecting. I hope we'll be seeing breakdowns or extensions of the scenes in this teaser in the coming updates.

One thing though that has been mentioned before: the animations really need some more work, but I'm sure that will be fine in the end.

Can't wait to see more!

Wonderful update!

The delightful sensation the trailer evokes of embarking on a brand new, grand-scale adventure, combined with the nostalgia that the look of the game conveys, has a powerful effect indeed. Pillars of Eternity wrought from the roots of RPG classics; we're going to be in for a treat, ladies and gentlemen!

2014 will be a great year with Pillars of Eternity and Divinity Original Sin, dear Sir.

Two very different RPGs in feel and execution, but both so tempting and interesting and - by all mean - oldschool. Can't wait to play both of them. :)

• Like 1
35167v4.jpg

Nice to see the project I backed "in movement", I really think that my money is well spent after witnessing that a quality game is been made.

Just a suggestion, if the guys at obsidian are reading and are eager to take further suggestions: try to put the ouroboros back in the official game logo: we have the "pillars" element, but the "eternity" one now is missing and the logo imho doesn't fully reflect the name now.

The ouroboros would also be viewed as a continuity to the kickstarter project, you know, some like "the pillars are our present and future, but we don't forget our past, our origins and the beautiful persons that made this possible with their pledges".

Please try to reconsider the logo if you can.

Edited by Thalon

I really like the fireball effects, as well as the web ones- look cool.  But yes, understand that the animations aren't even close to done, but they shouldn't be running with their attention focused 2 feet in front of them, it makes them look stupid.  Also, they shouldn't looked hunched over.  I'm sure that will be fixed, but it would be really unfortunate if it wasn't because, while I'm not one overly concerned about aesthetics, I would be constantly distracted by that in-game. 

Other than that, I really liked it!  I loved the new screenshots, they look amazing (besides the Turdhenge formation... something needs to be done about that.  There are legitimate, real rock formations that look really awesome that could be used as inspiration.)

"1 is 1"

2014 will be a great year with Pillars of Eternity and Divinity Original Sin, dear Sir.

Two very different RPGs in feel and execution, but both so tempting and interesting and - by all mean - oldschool. Can't wait to play both of them. :)

Cheers! Soon... let the games begin!  :thumbsup: 

Chronicler of the Obsidian Order; for the pen is mightier than the sword!