Graphics are very nice. Music is meh. The animations need some work (but look great for pre-alpha). The title doesn't exactly roll off the tounge, but it will suffice.

oh, and here is heh-heh number 2:

e1dfdi.jpg

Pillars of Eternity Josh Sawyer's Quest: The Quest for Quests - an isometric fantasy stealth RPG with optional combat and no pesky XP rewards for combat, skill usage or exploration.

PoE is supposed to be a spiritual successor to Baldur's GateJosh Sawyer doesn't like the Baldur's Gate series (more) - PoE is supposed to reward us for our achievements

~~~~~~~~~~~

"Josh Sawyer created an RPG where always avoiding combat and never picking locks makes you a powerful warrior and a master lockpicker." -Helm, very critcal and super awesome RPG fan

"I like XP for things other than just objectives. When there is no rewards for combat or other activities, I think it lessens the reward for being successful at them." -Feargus Urquhart, OE CEO

"Didn’t like the fact that I don’t get XP for combat [...] the lack of rewards for killing creatures [in PoE] makes me want to avoid combat (the core activity of the game)" -George Ziets, Game Dev.

The gameplay video was nice, it's good to see progress being made. It's not a point where I can be impressed by the product presented as a whole, though. The environments are beautiful, but I'm eager to see how it will look a year from now when it's really got some polish on it.

I think the best part of the update are actually the articles and interviews, especially the one with PC World. They really say a lot about the world and systems in place without spoiling too much. Just getting more info on the colonial atmosphere and animancy has really ramped up my interest significantly. I've seen a lot that left me unimpressed previously, feeling it was all too familiar, but that bit of flavor really put me at ease. Sometimes the familiar is exactly the setting you need to do something fresh. I am a bit worried about one writer being a bit flighty when giving an overall impression of combat and saying the game didn't wow him like Wasteland 2's demo (I've still not been wowed by that game). Hopefully things are coming together in a really solid way, I have a lot of faith in Josh and Obsidian as a whole.

Anyway, this was a great update. Very much worth the wait.

Synonyms for pillar
noun column of building, or freestanding column

Edit: Wrapped the endless list in a spoiler.

pedestal star
colonnade star
mast star

obelisk star
pier star
pilaster star

piling star
post star
prop star

shaft star
stanchion star
support star

tower star
upright star

More words related to pillar
anchor
noun. something used to hold another thing securely

ballast
bower
comfort
defense
fastener

foothold
grapnel
grappling iron
grip
hold

hook
kedge
mainstay
mooring
mud hook

pillar
protection
safeguard
security
staff

stay
support

beam
noun. length of material used as support

axle
bail
balk
bolster
boom
brace
cantilever
column

crossbar
crosspiece
girder
jamb
joist
lath
lintel
pile

piling
pillar
plank
pole
rafter
reach

scaffolding
scantling
shaft
sill
spar
stanchion
stay
stringer

strip
strut
stud
timber
transverse
trestle
two-by-four

cornerstone
noun. vital element

anchor
base
essential

foundation
key element
keystone

linchpin
main ingredient
mainspring

mainstay
pillar

mainstay
noun. chief support

anchor
backbone
brace
bulwark

buttress
crutch
good right arm
linchpin

maintainer
pillar
prop
right-hand person

sinew
staff
standby
stay

strength
supporter
sustainer
upholder

memorial
noun. monument, testimonial in honor, praise

cairn
ceremony
column
headstone
keepsake
mausoleum
memento
monolith
obelisk

pillar
plaque
record
relic
remembrance

reminder
shaft
slab
souvenir
statue

stele
tablet
token
tombstone
trophy

monument
noun. memorial, remembrance

cairn
cenotaph
column
commemoration
erection
footstone
gravestone

headstone
ledger
magnum opus
marker
masterpiece
mausoleum
memento

monolith
obelisk
pile
pillar
record
reminder
shrine

slab
statue
stele
stone
tablet
testament
token

tomb
tombstone
tower
tribute
witness

Edited by Luridis

Fere libenter homines id quod volunt credunt. - Julius Caesar

:facepalm: #define TRUE (!FALSE)

I ran across an article where the above statement was found in a release tarball. LOL! Who does something like this? Predictably, this oddity was found when the article's author tried to build said tarball and the compiler promptly went into cardiac arrest. If you're not a developer, imagine telling someone the literal meaning of up is "not down". Such nonsense makes computers, and developers... angry.

Some reason I am not recognized as KS backer even though backer site knows that I am and it seems that I am not only one with this 'problem'. 

By the way, we've noticed some people aren't getting their "I backed on Kickstarter" badges who probably should have. We'll get that sorted out! (soon  :))

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/64737-update-69-pillars-of-eternity/?p=1396319

• Like 1

Assuming "keystone" was the meaning...

Synonyms for keystone
noun base

cornerstone, crown, foundation, headstone, mainstay, principle, root, support, wedge

More words related to keystone
keynote/keystone
noun. essence, theme

basic idea, basis, center, core, cornerstone

criterion, crux, gist, heart, idea

kernel, linchpin, mainspring, marrow, measure

motive, nub, pith, principle, root

source,spring,standard,substance

basis
noun. foundation for belief, action

antecedent,assumption,authority,axiom,backbone,background,backing,base,bedrock,cause

center,chief ingredient,core,crux,data,dictum,essence,essential,evidence,explanation

footing, fundamental, hard fact, heart, infrastructure, justification, keynote, keystone, law, nexus,

nucleus, postulate, premise, presumption, presupposition, principal element, principle, proof, reason, root,

rudiment, sanction, security, source, substratum, support, theorem, theory, underpinning, warrant,

cornerstone, noun. vital element, , anchor, base, essential, , foundation, key element, keystone,

linchpin, main ingredient, mainspring, , mainstay, pillar, , rule, noun. standard, principle of behavior,

aphorism, apothegm, assize, axiom, basis, brocard, canon, chapter and verse, command,

commandment, criterion, decorum, decree, decretion, dictum, direction, edict, etiquette,

formula, fundamental, gnome, guide, guideline, keynote, keystone, law, maxim,

model, moral, no-no's, order, ordinance, precedent, precept, prescription, propriety,

regimen, regulation, ruling, statute, tenet, test, the book, the numbers, truism

BTW: Stripping **ML / RTF out of web pages for pasting has become such a pain in the ass in this day and age.

But, they could call it phallus of eternity for all I care, I won't be seeing it other than the title screen.

Edited by Luridis

Fere libenter homines id quod volunt credunt. - Julius Caesar

:facepalm: #define TRUE (!FALSE)

I ran across an article where the above statement was found in a release tarball. LOL! Who does something like this? Predictably, this oddity was found when the article's author tried to build said tarball and the compiler promptly went into cardiac arrest. If you're not a developer, imagine telling someone the literal meaning of up is "not down". Such nonsense makes computers, and developers... angry.

Assuming "keystone" was the meaning...

Synonyms for keystone

noun base

cornerstone, crown, foundation, headstone, mainstay, principle, root, support, wedge

More words related to keystone

keynote/keystone

noun. essence, theme

basic idea, basis, center, core, cornerstone

criterion, crux, gist, heart, idea

kernel, linchpin, mainspring, marrow, measure

motive, nub, pith, principle, root

source,spring,standard,substance

basis

noun. foundation for belief, action

antecedent,assumption,authority,axiom,backbone,background,backing,base,bedrock,cause

center,chief ingredient,core,crux,data,dictum,essence,essential,evidence,explanation

footing, fundamental, hard fact, heart, infrastructure, justification, keynote, keystone, law, nexus,

nucleus, postulate, premise, presumption, presupposition, principal element, principle, proof, reason, root,

rudiment, sanction, security, source, substratum, support, theorem, theory, underpinning, warrant,

cornerstone, noun. vital element, , anchor, base, essential, , foundation, key element, keystone,

linchpin, main ingredient, mainspring, , mainstay, pillar, , rule, noun. standard, principle of behavior,

aphorism, apothegm, assize, axiom, basis, brocard, canon, chapter and verse, command,

commandment, criterion, decorum, decree, decretion, dictum, direction, edict, etiquette,

formula, fundamental, gnome, guide, guideline, keynote, keystone, law, maxim,

model, moral, no-no's, order, ordinance, precedent, precept, prescription, propriety,

regimen, regulation, ruling, statute, tenet, test, the book, the numbers, truism

BTW: Stripping **ML / RTF out of web pages for pasting has become such a pain in the ass in this day and age.

But, they could call it phallus of eternity for all I care, I won't be seeing it other than the title screen.

That's why you use BBcode mode. :p 

Also, teaser. All I can say is... *zip*

Hey Obsidian, 

Can you guys adjust the kickstarter badge appears horizontal rather than vertical.  the way it is no makes the page longer to scroll.

I must admit I'm not overly fond of the separate and stacked 'K' badge. I probably would have preferred something more like ...  have only one badge icon, a bit bigger than they are now, but with two versions: one with a small green K in one corner and one without. Or something like that. Still, not too big a deal.

Side by side would work too, as long as it doesn't mean an increase in the member-info column's width parameter. I don't personally want that column to be much wider anymore than I like the extra stacked space. ;)

• Like 3
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Was a bit worried about the animations (or lack of) too... okay, I get that it's alpha and you're working on it, but please please do them right this time, they were so cringeworthy in your past games!

I'm hoping for some more UI images soon, still not sure if I want that part of the old infinity games back...

Also, Donald Duck at 0.56?

Hey Obsidian, 

Can you guys adjust the kickstarter badge appears horizontal rather than vertical.  the way it is no makes the page longer to scroll.

I must admit I'm not overly fond of the separate and stacked 'K' badge. I probably would have preferred something more like ...  have only one badge icon, a bit bigger than they are now, but with two versions: one with a small green K in one corner and one without. Or something like that. Still, not too big a deal.

Side by side would work too, as long as it doesn't mean an increase in the member-info column's width parameter. I don't personally want that column to be much wider anymore than I like the extra stacked space. ;)

If we could simply select which badges appear, I think it would work as well.

Ok, just logged back in to the Backer site - went to 'Manage my pledges' and now it says 'No pledges found' ??

(But under Profile->Orders it shows my order as 'Paid' so I guess it's ok?  Just can't 'Manage' it?)

Edit: I guess it's being 'processed' first, never mind.

Under my confirmed order (still have that outstanding order that didn't go through at first) it says 'Total 35.00' but at the bottom, under payment info, it says 'amount 0.35' - hope that's not just 35 cents you guys got :lol:

(and I like how under downloads it says "No downloads available... yet!" :lol: )

Edited by Silent Winter

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat: