that's strange. on youtube, the video quality sucked... everything was blurry. on the eurogamer embeded youtube video it was looking sharp and clear

of course the good thing is we can still use PE for short, just the P stands for pillars and not project now

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

The game looks and sounds as wonderful as expected. Drinks to that; and to a possibility of another Obsidian Kickstarter in the unforeseen future.

Perkele, tiädäksää tuanoini!

"It's easier to tolerate idiots if you do not consider them as stupid people, but exceptionally gifted monkeys."

Just wanted to say that I'm really happy with the update and the video, though it's the screenshots that actually show the immense level of detail.

I also hope that the folks with genuine technical problems get their access/pledges sorted out as soon as possible. Doesn't seem to be a regional problem though (Germany here; worked without any problems).

Having said that, some of the complaining in this very thread is ridiculous, especially given that some folks apparently are too daft to maneuver a simple drop-down menu. If they need handholding for that how are they ever going to beat a game that has no quest markers? :blink:

• Like 1

Video looks good.   It won't finalize the order even though I did the whole country/province drop down thing. I'll keep trying.

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Having said that, some of the complaining in this very thread is ridiculous, especially given that some folks apparently are too daft to maneuver a simple drop-down menu. If they need handholding for that how are they ever going to beat a game that has no quest markers? :blink:

In their defense, it's more of a ninja drop-down menu than a simple one. If you fill out forms by starting at the first field, typing its contents, then tabbing to the next, and so on until you're done with the form, then you could easily tab to "Country," type "United States" (for example), then tab to the next field, all without ANY evidence that you were supposed to select anything from a drop-down list as opposed to simply typing the name.

Most such drop-down selection fields either don't let you type into them (selection only, with a default "select a country" value) OR let you type into them AND accept the typed input as a selection (so long as it matches a valid drop-down selection from the list). So, the site's drop-down fields seem to be anything but simple in that respect.

Edited by Lephys

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

Thank you for the great update! However, I didn't see the PROJECT ETERNITY COLLECTOR'S BOOK in the 250 dollar tier, which should be there if I am not mistaken. Hard cover too, if I remember correctly (It was announced during the Kickstarter campaign).

Edit 1: Spelling

Edit 2: BTW, what's that little green K(ickstarter) badge some people have?

Edited by Forlorn Hope

"Maybe your grandiose vocabulary is a pathetic compensation for an insufficiency in the nether regions of your anatomy."

This update is full of awesome sauce, I'm just a little disappointed that I read it on Kotaku first because I never got an e-mail about it.

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster...when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..." - Friedrich Nietzsche

Well, I've been unable to upgrade my pledge despite picking the correct country from the dropdown and not typing it all. There are no options for the State/Province dropdown in my case. I guess I'll be waiting some more.

Edited by aphotic

Great stuff, just what I was hoping for. I had an error that was bringing me back to the Country field as well, but, as suggested before, I waited out the drop-down for country and state and managed to get everything updated nicely. 

"The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time." -Bertrand Russell

Well, I've been unable to upgrade my pledge despite picking the correct country from the dropdown and not typing it all. There are no options for the State/Province dropdown in my case. I guess I'll be waiting some more.

Type the first letter(s) of your state/province's name. Wait. After a few seconds the box should update automatically.

Edited by Posbi

I'm a digital only reward guy and I can't seem to get this working - everytime it asks for my address information it tells me something went wrong. I don't have to enter an address but it wants a phone number and I've tried all sorts of phone number configurations but perhaps it is looking for a number of digits/format one might find in the USA? Could that be what is tripping me up?

Type the first letter(s) of your state/province's name. Wait. After a few seconds the box should update automatically.

If it's a non-US province/state/whatever, just leave it blank if it is not critical for shipping services in your country. I left it blank for mine. Postal Code, City and Street are enough in my case.

Thanks. I had repeatedly mashed my head against the keyboard to navigate the Country dropdown by chance and needed these instructions to figure out the State/Province one.

On a more serious note, there are apparently no States/Provinces associated with the Country of my choice (Turkey), hence the problem I mentioned of no options showing up despite whatever letters are being input.

@Darkpriest, I tried that too (left State/Province empty) but sadly, it didn't work. :(

Last edit: Giving up for now, still haven't managed to upgrade, sadly. It would be nice if someone from Obsidian took note of this. I attempted to strip the address down to its bare essentials (leaving just the Address Lines, the City and Country fields) and still kept getting errors. I would appreciate it being looked into -- thanks!

Edited by aphotic

I'm a digital only reward guy and I can't seem to get this working - everytime it asks for my address information it tells me something went wrong. I don't have to enter an address but it wants a phone number and I've tried all sorts of phone number configurations but perhaps it is looking for a number of digits/format one might find in the USA? Could that be what is tripping me up?

Is the phone number actually required for backers from the US? Because at least for Germany it isn't. I simply left the field open and the system accepted it.

Well, it always threw me back to the Name/Email/Phone screen (digital only, so no country or address), with nothing highlighted and a generic "An error occurred" message. Didn't matter whether I left the phone field black, put in a fake number or a real one.

And now it won't even let me back to the backer/index (aka Manage Pledges) screen; I keep seeing a 500 - Something Went Wrong and how Kerflufflupogus is attacking...

As far as feedback on the video goes:

Would have preferred to see a few more weapon swing animations. The lack of those may have been deliberate as everything's probably using placeholder animations still.

Character models and monster models looked good - particularly the Ogre and Drake.

Was not a huge fan of the Spell VFX. Something about them just isn't right.

Bit heavy on the fog effects ...

Music was good and had nice dynamics.

Still didn't get to see any Godlike, Orlans or Aumaua :(

What is the KS badge that some people have?

eternity-ks.jpg

Edited by Sensuki

I wasn't notified about this update and up until now was completely oblivious about it oO

Already whined about state of my finances so to keep it short: I'm loving it! All of it! Animations, music, environments etc.Well... maybe except for that magic explosion from 1:03.

But to make it perfectly clear it's only one minor -tiny even- complaint fading in the ocean of awe!

Now go back and check what a grouchy smurf I was most of this time and know* about that change into a frenzied fanboy  :p

Right.

Now, excuse me while I go back to refreshing backer site in attempt to upgrade my tier.

* - like Dak'kon level "know"

Edited by milczyciel

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones." - Ross Scott

It's not that I'm lazy. I just don't care.

Managing my pledge went smoothly, so good job there.

The teaser trailer was nice, if short. There's plenty of stuff to nitpick, especially as far as animations, effects, and environmental details go, but it's pretty obvious that all those things will improve when the game enters the polishing phase.

The Rock Paper Shotgun preview was a bit concerning in some regards. The author didn't seem too impressed with the originality or depth of options of what he saw. The quotes from Obsidian, both in that article and the various others, of course sound great, but hopefully the game content reflects them better as development continues.

Good work overall.

I have a question too. The name in "consumer information" is what is going to be used in credits, etc, right? And the real important name is just the one in the shipping details, yes?

Edit: Also anything but the first step seems to forget the international shipping $15 payment and "place order" is grayed out even though it says "status OK" and I can't change it... I may have missed something while selecting the international shipping :<

Edited by Aoyagi

Excellent! Congratulation on this important Milestone! Lets keep this up! I'm so eager, neat trailer!

« Celui qui est consumé par la flamme de la justice ne craint ni le ciel, ni l’enfer ; il n’est qu’une arme attendant le jour de sa mort ». (Paul Murphy, l'Enclave, 1971)