Even though I have a HUGE backlog of games waiting to get played and I realy should clone myself to keep up with it, there are games I am planning to buy.

Here is a/the list (queue Law and Order jingle) :

1) Shufflepuck Cantina Deluxe: a remake of the old Shufflepuck Cafe game, it looks fantastic and apparently plays realy well. It released today and I am doing my very best to stop myself from buying it.

2) Frozen Endzone: I mentioned it today in another thread. It is the sports game of the people who made Frozen Synapse, one of the best tactics games ever made. I am very excited to see how they handle a future sports game a la Speedball. It is currently in beta.

3) Pandora First Contact: The spiritual successor to Alpha Centauri ? We have forumites who have played it and I think the verdict was wait for a patch. So I am waiting, biding my time.

4) Dominions 4: I like the idea of being a godlike entity and trying to take over the world. I am not much for multiplayer though and apparently the AI still needs work.

5) Age of Wonders 3: Very excited about all the character creation options, though they make me a bit underwhelmed with the prospect of the single player campaign and the story characters: I want to play my own hero :)

edit: and I didn't include the kickstarters I have backed, since technically when they come out I'll have them and wont need to wish for them

Edited by melkathi

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

I haven't had a backlog problem for ages, I buy so rarely games. Hell, last AAA game I bought for full price was Deus Ex: Human Revolution over two years ago  :p

Only things I have on my tobuy list are the DLC for Dishonored, most likely picking them up from steam holyday sales.

project eternity

wasteland 2

dark souls 2

stick of truth

witcher 3

dragon age 3

diablo 3 expansion 1

looks like its going to be a good year in 2014

except PE won't be out until 2015 because obsidian

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

I haven't had a backlog problem for ages, I buy so rarely games. Hell, last AAA game I bought for full price was Deus Ex: Human Revolution over two years ago  :p

Only things I have on my tobuy list are the DLC for Dishonored, most likely picking them up from steam holyday sales.

Isn't Dishonoured a AAA title? ;)

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

My to buy list from what I know will be released in the closer or more distant future and the one which I never bought for some reason, but would like to:

Project Eternity - Pledged

Tides of Numenera - Pledged

Wasteland 2 - if on GOG

Shadowrun + Exp - if on GOG

Gran Turismo 6 - already in the post

Tales of Xillia 2

Tales of Symphonia Chronicles

Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster

Final Fantasy XV

Kingdom Hearts 2.5 HD Remix

Kingdom Hearts 3

Dark Souls 2

Witcher 2 and 3 - only if i decide, that buying new PC is worth spending any cash... might happen when Squadron 42 get's released

Squadron 42

Atelier Escha & Logy

The Witch and the Hundred Knight

EDIT: I completely forgotten about 2 games I want, too.

Drakengard 3 and Lightning Returns.

Edited by Mamoulian War

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

A Wii U and Super Mario 3D World. Just waiting on a good deal for the console itself. Nothing else presently released that I want to buy comes to mind.

The concept of a 'backlog' is an alien one to me. Sure, I have hundreds of games I never finished or (in most cases) begun, but in all of them, I have no particular intention to do so. Whether 0%, 10%, or 90% done, if I've dropped it, I've dropped it for a reason and don't feel any obligation to amend that situation. I suppose I envy those who have queues of games to play and not enough time - personally my decisionmaking is more along the lines of "do I play this one game or not play anything?"

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Borderlands 3. That's my wishlist. Mostly because I can't get hubby to play anything else! :lol: But I've become more interested in games I can play LAN with hubs than playing by myself, now.

...I used to have a bit of a backlog, when I first started looking at Steam sales etc. Because that's the point of Steam sales - easy impulse enticement when you don't have to drive/walk to a store. (before Steam I rarely bought more than 4-5 games a year).

After a year or so of Steam sales I remembered that I only have so much time/energy and I'd never get around to playing any/all these "games that sound kinda interesting/heard they were fun" so I stopped buying just because they're cheap. :p

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

is kinda startling to realize how few games we has purchased in the past couple years. 

mass effect 3

project eternity pledge

torment: numenera pledge

that is our game list for last couple years... until three weeks ago. vol's 24/7 butt-hurt hemorrhoid howl inspired us to buy bg2:ee.  we also picked up a $9.99 bundle of all xcom games up to, but not including, the recent expansion.

future games? am knowing some folks involved with wildstar, so we may give it a try. the new dragon age? probably. 

*shrug*

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

I think I arrived at some kind of saturation threshold a few years back. Probably a side effect of having been a gamer for 30 years this December.

At the risk of sounding like a broken record, my time is more precious to me than my money these days, so I'm an opportunistic shopper who grabs everything on the shelf when a sale is on and later, if given time, figures out if I got anything that I might want to play.

I enjoyed Conquistadors and I pledged for Wasteland 2 and Project Eternity (and most recently 'Stasis'). Other than that, the latest Bioware and Obsidian releases (except DSIII, sorry, but the hack and slash thing just isn't "me") is what I spend my time on when in the mood for gaming.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein