Seriously? What the hell?

One week you're telling us one thing, which in the next doesn't seem to matter?

Thanks for the honesty!

:(

(Just really upset about the situation. Last weeks excuse was very reasonable. This weeks laughs it in the face. Just br honest with your backers. We understand.)

Edited by C2B

I do agree that they should have just said sorry guys it's not ready. I don't really care about the delay - I'm fine with it being next year.

Roguey (RPGCodex's resident 'Josh Sawyer is the only competent game developer' fangirl) being right isn't fun.

Ruined orgasms may be a valid marketing strategy ? :devil:

• Like 1

I do agree that they should have just said sorry guys it's not ready. I don't really care about the delay - I'm fine with it being next year.

I care about the other stuff the update apparently contains more than about the site. At this point the whole *Name is revealed but not* is a bit laughable to name a small thing.

I see no reason to rage really... Even if I weren't a software guy myself, I'd sit back and relax. It seems like a danger to crowd funded games, that the crowd also takes the role of producers in terms of being vocally and potentially development-hurtingly unhappy. Currently visible at robertsspaceindustries, hehe  ;)

Edited by samm
  • Like 2

Citizen of a country with a racist, hypocritical majority

The plan must be to reveal the name of the game, have the backer portal up and have the gameplay video embedded in the backer website (perhaps not youtube, at least straight away) so that people have to visit the backer website to watch it.

All three things will go viral in the media and they'll be wanting to maximize the revenue stream so they can afford more post production time.

The backer website not being ready is going to delay all three. Adam mentioning Justin working on something might mean that we'll get a music update next week instead of the big update (or they are overdubbing the video with music not in the game, like the Wasteland 2 First Look). So I'd be gearing up for it being an end of January thing or something instead.

Edited by Sensuki
  • Like 1

I see no reason to rage really... Even if I weren't a software guy myself, I'd sit back and relax. It seems like danger of crowd funded games, that the crowd also takes the role of producers in terms of being vocally and potentially development-hurtingly unhappy. Currently visible at robertsspaceindustries, hehe ;)

Yeah, but I don't think its over the top to be treated honestly. Especially in a crowdfunded environment.

• Like 1

When did they say they'll reveal the big update at thanksgiving? When did they gave a specific date anyway? All they said was "in a few weeks".

The thanksgiving revelation was an assumption of some people in the forums that just spread out based on nothing.

Anyway calm down; there is no need to get upset about an update. We'll see it when it's ready and we'll make all our constructive criticism as we must ;)

Edited by Sedrefilos
  • Like 2

Deep breath, enjoy the holidays and look forward to updates whenever they come.

I'd much rather have a polished update that has gone through a few revisions rather than just get some stuff rushed out the door to meet a schedule.  Isn't that one of the reasons people like this no publisher thing?  Instead of publishers pushing for updates and for deadlines to be met it's backers?  

@C2B; don't you feel like you are over reacting a bit?

• Like 1

Adam mentioning Justin working on something might mean that we'll get a music update next week instead of the big update.

Embedded midi for the backer site :biggrin:

I'd much rather have a polished update that has gone through a few revisions rather than just get some stuff rushed out the door to meet a schedule

Really? What kind of polish do you want out of an update? Seems pretty likely this delay is more to maximize press attention than polish for the backers, which is, fine, whatever. It would be really sweet if they would let us know not to get hyped sometime sooner than the ETA, though, these constant hype/disappointment cycles are making me think I should just go cold turkey on PE news until release :|

Edited by SunBroSolaire

Deep breath, enjoy the holidays and look forward to updates whenever they come.

I'd much rather have a polished update that has gone through a few revisions rather than just get some stuff rushed out the door to meet a schedule.  Isn't that one of the reasons people like this no publisher thing?  Instead of publishers pushing for updates and for deadlines to be met it's backers?  

@C2B; don't you feel like you are over reacting a bit?

Yup, me too.

I also enjoy not being lied to. If you didn't read my posts, I'm not strictly upset about the lack of an update.

I'm upset that they didn't just say they weren't ready last week and be honest.

When did they say they'll reveal the big update at thanksgiving? When did they gave a specific date anyway? All they said was "in a few weeks".

The thanksgiving revelation was an assumption of some people in the forums that just spread out based on nothing.

Anyway calm down; there is no need to get upset about an update. We'll see it when it's ready and we'll make all our constructive criticism as we must ;)

Yeah, actually it was. They even hinted at a Gamebanshee article accompying it later in the week. Which now seemingly has been delayed as well.

(And read my posts. It's not even about the date. It's about the excuse given last week.)

Edited by C2B

No it was based on text from Update 66. I am one of the people you are talking about but they did say that the big update would be out before thanksgiving and updates are always on Tuesdays PST.

November’s right around the corner, and here in the States, we have an upcoming holiday called Thanksgiving near the end of the month. It’s supposed to be a time where we give thanks for the harvest and reflect on the past year.

It seemed rather appropriate to have a bigger than normal update coming before this holiday and we’re cooking a big one for you! This turkey dinner is going to be large and in charge... It’ll show a bunch of new stuff we haven’t shown anyone outside the studio yet and one of the side dishes coming with it is the new site.

No Kickstarter game has been hitting their dates though.

WL2 beta has been delayed twice. Brian Fargo optimistically tweeted that he estimated it would be ready in 2.5 weeks (1week ago), and I highly doubt that will be the case - also probably an early next year thing, or perhaps right before Christmas.

Edited by Sensuki
  • Like 2

Seems like it's thrown a bit of a wrench into Obsidians plans

They did have a few man hours set aside for Kickstarter NPCs (probs weapons etc too) in Production Milestone 2 & 3, so unless they contacted some of those people in person they may have had to do some schedule shuffling.

Edited by Sensuki

I'm upset that they didn't just say they weren't ready last week and be honest.

they did admit that they had technical issues back then and that they're hard at work ironing them out. it's just the alarming obsession playing tricks on some of the forumites.

We are "beta" testing the site right now internally, and Darren is hard at work ironing out issues.
  • Like 2

Dont care about the delay really.

But they did say the big update was coming before thanksgiving. So they should know that today again everyone will be waiting for the big update. So the least they could do is tell us  in advance that it isnt coming. And just tell us that its taking more time then expected and its going to take another 2/3/4/5 weeks. And then actually release it on the date you've promised.

Or delay it again if it has to be that way but at least keep everyone informed. Looking forward to this thing the whole day and then someone coming in at the last moment to say it isnt coming is very annoying.

Edited by Frusciante
  • Like 1

I think the reason why the upset people (including, to some degree, me) are upset is because they are in a thrill of anticipation. Maybe they even get their popcorn and beer (like me) only to be disappointed two times in a row.

I think everyone is absolutely able to understand the logical reasons behind the delay - family and all that jazz, perfectly clear. Also nobody would be upset if they simply announced a definitive date or gave us at least something to hold on - and by that I don't mean another art update with "safe" content. I mean communication.

Elan_song.gif

Hey, everyone. We decided against releasing the Backer Portal right before the holiday break. We wanted to make sure that we had a full staff on board to solve any technical issues that might arise on the site during its launch. We are just as excited as you are for the Backer Portal and we want to make sure it has a smooth release.

He means that they didn't want to admit that the backer website wasn't ready yet and instead glossed over that fact with the 'need staff available' explanation.

Roguey was probably the first person to call them out on it.

A lot less people read the forums, thus less unrest than having it posted in an official update. People aren't going to complain if it's delayed again and there's a music update next week.

Edited by Sensuki
  • Like 1