RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

Rosbjerg

I used to be a big fan of "release it when it's done... if you can afford that." But I think they've crossed a line into it creating a concern about if they're even going to know how to make it relevant and appealing anymore.

I'm not sure Valve releasing Half-Life 3 is even a good idea for them, given that at this point I think it's all but assured that it will not live up to expectations that many seem to have manufactured.

I see your point from a business perspective but as far as I'm concerned if you wrap up something on a cliffhanger (Unless you intended to end the series/story with such an ending) you really ought to finish it in some fashion for the sake of the people who care about your work, otherwise why didn't you just wrap the damn thing up in the first place and give people the satisfaction of a resolution? I mean that within reason but cliffhanger endings suck, we've all been there and know how annoying it is. 

Edited by Serrano

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-01-06-fan-made-morrowind-remake-is-shaping-up-nicely

Holy smoke guys but check this out, Morrowind is being remade using the Skyrim graphics engine by dedicated fans and modders of the Bethesda community. Its going to be called Skywind. They have 70 people working on this project. It may be old news but its awesome news nonetheless :dancing:

You guys must watch the video to see how they doing

Edited by BruceVC

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Hats off of for the effort; but if they change the skillmechanics and combat to that of Skyrim (if they do that; they're already merging the skills it seems), I'm not interested.

Perkele, tiädäksää tuanoini!

"It's easier to tolerate idiots if you do not consider them as stupid people, but exceptionally gifted monkeys."

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-01-06-fan-made-morrowind-remake-is-shaping-up-nicely

Holy smoke guys but check this out, Morrowind is being remade using the Skyrim graphics engine by dedicated fans and modders of the Bethesda community. Its going to be called Skywind. They have 70 people working on this project. It may be old news but its awesome news nonetheless :dancing:

Isn't this happening already since like a million years? I still remember "Morrwind in Oblivion"-Mods... but actually have never seen any being released.

/Edit: the video looks p.cool. Let's see if something comes out of it.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Isn't this happening already since like a million years? I still remember "Morrwind in Oblivion"-Mods... but actually have never seen any being released.

/Edit: the video looks p.cool. Let's see if something comes out of it.

Morrowind in Oblivion never really saw the light of day, not in anything resembling a completed form, anyway.  Hopefully this project fares better.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I'm unenthused by the dragging out of Amanda Ripley. But I guess it'll be easy enough to get over if they do well with the game proper. And glad to see that the rumored clones for her to fight are nowhere to be seen.

The funny thing is, is that I last played Episode 2 that I don't even remember what the cliffhanger is (nor do I particularly care at this point).

I remember it and I don't care a lot, either. I hated the episodes, they repeated too much of Half-Life 2.

I was sick of Sandtraps when I played Sandtraps. I was sick of Sandtraps when I played it again, only with toxic ooze. And I was sick of Sandtraps when I played it again with toxic ooze and slightly more zombies in Episode 2.

I'm done. It's why I was glad they stopped the episodic. But now I'm not sure what to see from them to continue it.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

The funny thing is, is that I last played Episode 2 that I don't even remember what the cliffhanger is (nor do I particularly care at this point).

There are obviously plenty of people who do though as evident by the fact it keeps getting asked for. Not to say it's important if Valve have abandoned it, or that they should have to carry on making Half-Life games if they don't want to anymore, but it's still irksome that the story is left hanging and my biggest irk is that they didn't have to end on a cliffhanger in the first place. Just don't do it. 

I laughed:

There are obviously plenty of people who do though as evident by the fact it keeps getting asked for.

I won't dispute that.  But discerning loud people from the total amount of people is tricky business.

• Like 4

There are obviously plenty of people who do though as evident by the fact it keeps getting asked for.

I won't dispute that.  But discerning loud people from the total amount of people is tricky business.

Very true, fair point. 

Edited by Serrano

Funny how I never thought about a Alien game in style of Amnesia. It totally makes sense and sounds p. cool too.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."