RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

Rosbjerg

WL2, PE and Divinity: OS are the only games so far I'm really anticipating for next year. A bit more cautious about Witcher, MMX: Legacy, and South Park. The rest are firmly on the "wait and see, no losses to be had" category.

Edited by Undecaf
  • Like 1

Perkele, tiädäksää tuanoini!

"It's easier to tolerate idiots if you do not consider them as stupid people, but exceptionally gifted monkeys."

Did they really fix Fallout 3's ending with DLC?  I never bought any of that stuff.  I agree on Mass Effect, it would be pretty confusing to start ME3 without playing that last DLC.  That being said, it was clearly taking part after the main story arc of 2.

Yup. The first Fallout3 DLC retconned the ending of FE3 so you survived. It also changed it so if you re-played the game from the start, there were options so you wouldn't die.

Granted it's been a while, but I'm pretty sure I didn't die at the ending of FO3 without any DLC installed.

Yeah, that's what I though.

What irks me about the ending though...

...is that her me and Lyons were arguing about who should go in all the while my GHOUL companion is just chilling out behind us.

I mean why not just send in the guy that's immune to radiation and get it done.

• Like 1

http://gamingbolt.com/15-role-playing-games-to-look-forward-to-in-2014

Take a look at this list for anticipated RPG's for 2014, wow if this list is accurate then we are REALLY going to spoilt for 2014 :dancing:

I knew about most of them except Darkest Dungeon at the end, that does look interesting

1 out of 15. Think they missed some of the most anticipated RPG's for a lot of people though. Where's Dead State, South Park, Wasteland 2...

Hate the living, love the dead.

...is that her me and Lyons were arguing about who should go in all the while my GHOUL companion is just chilling out behind us.

Actually none of the companions is willing to do it, not even Fawkes (the super mutant) or the robot...as such it is slightly odd that Sarah Lyons *is* willing to do it.

On the subject of the ghoul, doesn't exposure to heavy radiation (or prolonged exposure to radiation) increase their chance of going feral? (would be one way to RP that if it's true)

Made too much sense. Can't have that in Bethesda games.

Hate the living, love the dead.

vch

Take a look at this list for anticipated RPG's for 2014, wow if this list is accurate then we are REALLY going to spoilt for 2014 :dancing:

I knew about most of them except Darkest Dungeon at the end, that does look interesting

1 out of 15. Think they missed some of the most anticipated RPG's for a lot of people though. Where's Dead State, South Park, Wasteland 2...

You can't be serious... 1/15   :blink:

What game was that, Witcher 3?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Pretty dull list, though I guess I will probably play the next ME game when it comes out - maybe we do battle against God Empress Shepard.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

5/15 from that list, in order of level of anticipation/giddiness:

1) The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (anticipation level orgasm/10)

2) Project Eternity (anticipation level 10/10)

3) Bravery Default: Flying Fairy (anticipation level 9/10)

4) Dark Souls 2 (anticipation level 7.5/10)

5) Dragon Age: Inquisition (anticipation level 4/10)

Both Mass Defect 4 and Post-Apocalyptic Elder Scrolls 4 shouldn't be on that list.  If either of those games comes out in 2014 I'll strip naked and run through traffic.*

Missing from the list:

Wasteland 2 (anticipation level 10/10)

Shadowrun Returns: Dragonfall (anticipation level 7.5/10)

Mount & Blade 2: Bannerlord (anticipation level 4/10) *tentative - no release date has been given*

Also, Grim Dawn, but I already have the game and am playing it, hence I'm not anticipating it.

* I will not actually strip naked and run through traffic, because frankly, nobody wants to see that.  Nobody.

Super Late Edit:  Crap, I forgot about Divinity: Original Sin.  I shall flog myself 14 times for my egregious omission.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 2

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Both Mass Defect 4 and Post-Apocalyptic Elder Scrolls 4 shouldn't be on that list.  If either of those games comes out in 2014 I'll strip naked and run through traffic.

I didn't see any asterisk....

So...what you're saying is that they will be launched unfinished and then fail to some game with teddy bears in it  ?

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

5/15 from that list, in order of level of anticipation/giddiness:

1) The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (anticipation level orgasm/10)

2) Project Eternity (anticipation level 10/10)

3) Bravery Default: Flying Fairy (anticipation level 9/10)

4) Dark Souls 2 (anticipation level 7.5/10)

5) Dragon Age: Inquisition (anticipation level 4/10)

Both Mass Defect 4 and Post-Apocalyptic Elder Scrolls 4 shouldn't be on that list.  If either of those games comes out in 2014 I'll strip naked and run through traffic.*

Missing from the list:

Wasteland 2 (anticipation level 10/10)

Shadowrun Returns: Dragonfall (anticipation level 7.5/10)

Mount & Blade 2: Bannerlord (anticipation level 4/10) *tentative - no release date has been given*

Also, Grim Dawn, but I already have the game and am playing it, hence I'm not anticipating it.

* I will not actually strip naked and run through traffic, because frankly, nobody wants to see that.  Nobody.

Super Late Edit:  Crap, I forgot about Divinity: Original Sin.  I shall flog myself 14 times for my egregious omission.

That's a good post, the only thing I disagree is that I'm very excited about DA:I and I am looking forward to ME4 :)

• Like 2

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Who are the teddy bears? Does that make the gamers teddy bears?

Ewoks.

I can be a teddy bear.  I like hugs and I'm (unfortunately) growing soft around the middle.

Hugs for everybody!

bth_Hug_emoticon_by_smiekie.gif

• Like 2

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I was going to check out the anticipated RPGs list, but 15 separate pages for 15 games? That ain't going to get rewarded with 15 page views any time soon. In theory at least I have 4 kickstarted RPGs plus DAI and TWitcher3 to look forward to though, so it's probably 6/16 given no WL2.

• Like 1

Ewoks.

Yes I knew who you were referring to with the teddy bears from Star Wars. I was asking who fits the Ewoks in the analogy (since the Empire was us)

Although in retrospect I didn't recognize that I had actually quoted "Mass Defect." Shame on me :(

Edited by alanschu

Ewoks.

Yes I knew who you were referring to with the teddy bears from Star Wars. I was asking who fits the Ewoks in the analogy (since the Empire was us)

Although in retrospect I didn't recognize that I had actually quoted "Mass Defect." Shame on me :(

I slipped that one past you, did I? jill61-603505-albums-emoticons-pic59494-

• Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

About time.  Because 2013 was utterly pathetic for RPGs.

• Like 1

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I was going to check out the anticipated RPGs list, but 15 separate pages for 15 games? That ain't going to get rewarded with 15 page views any time soon. RPGs plus DAI and TWitcher3 to look

:lol:

Its funny that you noticed that but I felt the same thing, its a bad design. And its not like you wait in anticipation for each page as the topic isn't important enough so it becomes almost laborious :)

John Milton