I request that [continue] choices in dialogues (i.e. when there are no 1, 2, 3 choices) be hotkeyed by pressing 1 rather than enter, or some other key closer to the horizontal numericals.

Using 1-2-3-4 etc in dialogue feels like smooth sailing. But then all of a sudden there's that [continue]-dialogue and you must either move your mouse and click the button, or move your hand all the way across the keyboard to press enter.

Edited by Zed
  • Like 3

It shouldn't overlap with dialogue choices for obvious reasons. Space would make sense. (I thought space worked in IE games, too?)

• Like 3

It shouldn't overlap with dialogue choices for obvious reasons. Space would make sense. (I thought space worked in IE games, too?)

not in bg2 or iwd2, but perhaps there are options for it.

spacebar would work pretty well. or tilde (on EU keyboards §½-key).

I always used space for continue IIRC.

I just loaded up IWD2 and you must use enter to skip dialogue.

I looked in the keybindings and there is no re-bind either.

Mapping it to Enter probably requires less programming time as I don't believe it overlaps with anything else. Whereas space is used for Pause. It depends on how they've coded in the hotkey system but they'd have to make different "sections" of controls in the options menu for stuff I guess, it could get a bit hairy. There's some obvious hacky ways to get around it but they'd probably be a bit messy/buggy.

I'm not sure what hotkeying function Unity offers by default, it's possible that they have an elegant solution for the problem of buttons having multiple functions. Switch cases might work but I'm no programmer. My estonian friend Indrek would probably have a better solution.

I request that [continue] choices in dialogues (i.e. when there are no 1, 2, 3 choices) be hotkeyed by pressing 1 rather than enter, or some other key closer to the horizontal numericals.

Using 1-2-3-4 etc in dialogue feels like smooth sailing. But then all of a sudden there's that [continue]-dialogue and you must either move your mouse and click the button, or move your hand all the way across the keyboard to press enter.

Two words: NUM PAD

• Like 1

It would be of small avail to talk of magic in the air...

Just press "A" button on your controller. :sorcerer:

Having any numeric button as (one of) the continue buttons would be nice. It would allow players to easily spam-skip parts of conversations.

Edited by Jajo

lazy bum :brows:

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.