Uplay

I noticed Fallout NV/3 UE's are $5 on Uplay right now. Does anybody else here have them on there, and do they require Steam? I'll get them there if they don't.

http://shop.ubi.com/store/ubina/en_CA/search/vars.false?q=fallout

Also, their Black Friday sale is Buy 1 of these games, get 1 of those games free. AC3 is one of the free ones. I would probably still yell at the red coats for being so stupid at that price.

You see, ever since the whole Doritos Locos Tacos thing, Taco Bell thinks they can do whatever they want.

Seems my country doesn't have black friday sales :)

Uplay games not bought from Steam usually don't need steam. Uplay games bought anywhere but uplay need uplay... kinda the point of it (even if annoying).

But since FNV isn't a uplay game, no idea if it needs Steam. Was FNV a steam exclusive?

Edited by melkathi

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Ubisoft can be pricks about making sure you are in the right country for buying stuff. That link might only work in Canada.

I know if you buy Ubi games in Steam, you have to run Uplay inside of Steam. I didn't know since Bethesda doesn't have it's own DRM client (hopefully ever) but Steamworks was added to New Vegas from launch (and who knows what they've done with FO3 since what's been going on with GFWL) if they kept it in there or not for the Uplay version.

You see, ever since the whole Doritos Locos Tacos thing, Taco Bell thinks they can do whatever they want.

I broke down and got it.

Yep, it wants to run Steam inside of Uplay. Atleast I've got an extra NV Steam code to give to someone, and I'm only down $5.65.

That sucks. I was hoping for a Steam-free copy.