is it coming to next gen consoles?

as the titles states, I am just looking for info on whether the stick of truth will be coming to next gen consoles, have the ps4 but looking at possibly getting rid of the ps3, if this game doesn't come out on next gen though I may need to keep it. any rumors or info is great, thanks:)

It's probably safe to say they weren't planning on doing a new console port when they started making the game. Until we have a better idea of how the PSN's PS3 streaming service works for the PS4, it might be best to hold on to your PS3 - or get the PC version if you would rather maximize the selling/trade-in value of your PS3.

You see, ever since the whole Doritos Locos Tacos thing, Taco Bell thinks they can do whatever they want.

Xbone has announced they're going to do some streaming thing like what PS4 will. Chances are for those whom don't want to buy the physical discs, the PSN and XBox store is the way to go.

You see, ever since the whole Doritos Locos Tacos thing, Taco Bell thinks they can do whatever they want.

• 2 weeks later...

It's all going to depend on each consoles streaming services for previous generation games (If applicable in the case of the Xbone.) As soon as the PS4's streaming service is live (if it isn't already - I don't have one so I couldn't tell you) buying it digitally would probably be the way to go for you. Even if the streaming service isn't live when SoT comes out, it will still be on your PSN account as having bought it, so there should be some option after the streaming service comes out to play the PS3 games you own on PSN on the PS4.

It's all going to depend on each consoles streaming services for previous generation games (If applicable in the case of the Xbone.) As soon as the PS4's streaming service is live (if it isn't already - I don't have one so I couldn't tell you) buying it digitally would probably be the way to go for you. Even if the streaming service isn't live when SoT comes out, it will still be on your PSN account as having bought it, so there should be some option after the streaming service comes out to play the PS3 games you own on PSN on the PS4.

That's true, and a very good point. I would personally like a a physical copy of the game (I'm a bit of a video game collector) so that's why I'd ask for a PS4 copy if it were possible for Obsidian to do.

• 3 weeks later...

Watching gameplay video is making me flip my lid in anticipation. I also sincerely hope it will be a next gen title. There's one big thing that brings me comfort; they aired a plug for the game at the end of the PS4 vs. Xbox One trilogy. Logic only leaves me to assume this is a hint/nudge from Matt and Trey. If I'm wrong I will be not only extra disappointed, but I'll have a hard time watching "Titties and Dragons" the same way after the fact.

Considering the very short period of time that they spend from writing the episodes, to when they air; it would make sense for the trilogy to be about the console wars, because that was the hot topic when they made it.

On the other hand, I think they've been working on the game now for a little over 4 years. There was no real idea at the time of what the specs of the new consoles would be, or when they would be out so it's probably safe to say they never intended to make it new platform ready. If they rushed it out and didn't add in all of that new content, the original release date was 2 Christmas seasons ago while it was in THQ's hands.

Again, probably the only way one will get to play it on the new consoles is through the streaming service when it comes online this summer for the PS4. Also, there isn't a whole lot of details surrounding the Playstation Now service, although according to this article, they're looking at a rental per title or subscription-based service.

http://metro.co.uk/2014/01/08/playstation-now-brings-streaming-ps3-games-to-ps4-vita-and-more-4254089/

Hopefully, they end up including it with PS Plus subscriptions, and allow you to play games you own through the PS Store. That's the way it should be (well, it should be free for games you own in the PS Store regardless if you have an active PS+ subscription. Or perhaps a lesser evil than requiring a PS+ or separate subscription would be to charge a small one-time "upgrade" fee to play it on there - no more than $5, if you don't have PS+.)

Edited by babaganoosh13

• 5 months later...

Hello my friends,

South Park - The Stick of Truth is one the funniest adventures ever released and by far the best South Park game.

Unfortunately the game was released in 2014, during the consoles transition. By the beggining of the year, many people had already sold their PS3's or Xbox 360's to buy a next generation video game. These people cannot play South Park - The Stick of Truth because it is only available for PC and the last generation consoles.

By doing a simple research with the terms 'South Park' 'PS4' and 'Xbox One' it will become clear that a lot of people are asking for a 'next' gen port. By creating this petition, we want to emphasize the fact that there is a huge demand for the game

Please help me with this petition:

https://www.change.org/petitions/ubisoft-and-south-park-studios-make-south-park-the-stick-of-truth-for-ps4-and-xbox-one#share