Stick Of Truth PS$

Depending on how the PSN's streaming service of PS3 games on the PS4 goes, your best bet might be buying it digitally on there instead of the disc version.

EDIT: Besides the Mario games, outside of a rare gem and a planned port; it takes a while for the good games to come out for new systems.

Edited by babaganoosh13

You see, ever since the whole Doritos Locos Tacos thing, Taco Bell thinks they can do whatever they want.

• 2 weeks later...

The PS4 and the Xbone are not backwards compatible the same way the PS3 and 360 are. Rather than a patch (or the old PS3 systems that had the PS2 chip in them) the PS4 (and possibly someday the Xbone) will be doing some sort of cloud-based thing.

https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5049

By the time SoT comes out, digitally might be the way to get it for those that just want to use the new-gen consoles.

Edited by babaganoosh13

You see, ever since the whole Doritos Locos Tacos thing, Taco Bell thinks they can do whatever they want.

Why No release on PS4 !! WTF    I just spent 460$ on this and all good games just release on PS3 !! I'm pissed

Thanks

Contrary to popular belief - it's not as simple as "Open PS3 file.  Select Save As PS4."  If it were - everyone would be doing it.

• 2 weeks later...

Why No release on PS4 !! WTF    I just spent 460$ on this and all good games just release on PS3 !! I'm pissed

Thanks

Contrary to popular belief - it's not as simple as "Open PS3 file.  Select Save As PS4."  If it were - everyone would be doing it.

Sadly I'm still learning the basics of programming so though I do understand what you mean by this I would like to ask a question: Since PS4 (and Xbox One) run on a more windows based (x86) operating system would it acttualy be easier to port over the PC version of the game?

They are both x86 now, but they do not share the same libraries/SDK (software development kit). They each run on their own OS as well. Playstation derives its console OSs from Linux. Microsoft derives its XBOne OS from Windows 8. 

While (most) gameplay logic will work across all platforms, a large number of systems have to be customized to the platform they are targeting. Most of these systems are abstracted to prevent having to rewrite the whole thing, but the lower level code has to be tailored towards the target system. Things as basic as rendering, audio, memory management, save/load, file IO, and controls will not necessarily work across platforms.

https://twitter.com/IridiumGameDev

Ex-Obsidian Senior Programmer

• 1 month later...

The PS4 and the Xbone are not backwards compatible the same way the PS3 and 360 are. Rather than a patch (or the old PS3 systems that had the PS2 chip in them) the PS4 (and possibly someday the Xbone) will be doing some sort of cloud-based thing.

https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5049

By the time SoT comes out, digitally might be the way to get it for those that just want to use the new-gen consoles.

Yea, that is the main fail part of both PS4 and xbone. It locks people into having 2 platforms of the current gen and last year gen. Let's face it, just because Sony or MS makes a new console the gaming industry won't put their games in wait.

I am a PC gamer for life so I don't have to put up with that. I just run the Windows on my gaming rig and not worry. Consoles disappointed me many years ago and I looked forward with my. PC.