If they tell us about the Update before the Update it's like having an Update about the Update. A post-Update about the Update. "Hey guys just here to Update you guys what the next Update is going to be". I am making it sound more silly than what you intend. A heads-up what's coming our way is what I presume you're meaning, but I think the Update is a "heads-up" in itself as well.

If Obsidian gave an update on Monday to say they'll be giving an update on Tuesday, then I'm sure people will be asking for an update the Friday before to find out if there will be an update on Monday to find out if there will be an update on Tuesday. Because after all, isn't that the courteous and considerate thing to do?  :lol:

Ridicule who you want, if it makes you happy.  :no:

Elan_song.gif

Just remember, Team Eternity... If you go ahead and decide the update's NOT going to be ready, then circumstances surprisingly allow it to be ready by tomorrow, do NOT change your mind and actually present it. Stick to your initial estimate, because if you don't, you'll have lied. And not-lying is far more important than whether or not people get a pleasant update.

8)

unironically agree

Heck, if they estimate the game's release date as December, 2014, then it later turns out that they're ahead of schedule and are going to be able to release the game in July, I'd MUCH rather they just wait until December to release the game, on principle. That reality coincides with their estimations is far more important than our reaction to reality.

That's precisely why everyone's so upset. Not because their reception of the update is delayed, but because the accuracy of the team's foresight wasn't up to par. So, likewise, even if they're suddenly able to travel back in time now and give us the big update on October 29th, we wouldn't be as happy as if they had just said "you won't get any updates until the game releases" from the get-go, then held out a bunch of information on us until the game's release.

So help me if they tell us there's going to be an update tomorrow, then the power goes out at Obsidian HQ tomorrow morning... My rage would be uncontrollable. 8)

Edited by Lephys

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

Ridicule who you want, if it makes you happy.  :no:

Pretty much what the above image says. :thumbsup:

What's it to you? If it makes no sense for you that's okay, nobody forces you to read this thread, nobody forces you to contribute to it, so I don't see what your problem is. Not everything has to make sense for everyone. Some people like a forum's company while eagerly waiting for an update, others don't. That's it. It's not even that spectacular. :huh: 

Edit: Also, I repeat again, that I do not feel entitled to an early anouncement, I simply think it would be nice to know, so that I can arrange myself. I demand nothing, I state that I would appreciate it:mellow:  I think when there's one thing I can be entitled to, then it is being entitled to appreciate whatever I want.  :getlost: 

Nobody has ever said anything about Obsidian being obligated to tell us so. Nobody.

If you still think that you may have misread my earlier comments.  =] 

Edited by SophosTheWise

Elan_song.gif

I don't see the point in having a company beholden to you (or others) for them to tell you if an update will come out before an official update will come out so you can decide if you want to go to bed or not.

Pretty much what the above image says. :thumbsup:

There's a difference between having a company beholden to someone and someone writing one sentence - (probably)yes/(probably)no - that he knows would mean a lot to (quite) some people.

It's a difference similar to someone saying "It would be nice", "I wish" or "It would be a good idea" and someone saying "I demand".

Spotting such a difference might also, in some contexts, be a difference between being an idiot/douche or not.

• Like 2

There's a difference between having a company beholden to someone and someone writing one sentence - (probably)yes/(probably)no - that he knows would mean a lot to (quite) some people.

It's a difference similar to someone saying "It would be nice", "I wish" or "It would be a good idea" and someone saying "I demand".

Spotting such a difference might also, in some contexts, be a difference between being an idiot/douche or not.

And that's what some people are expecting now. For Obsidian to update people before an official update is put up. A demand wrapped up into 'it would be nice...'. And when Obsidian don't confirm before an official update, then they get all butt hurt and disappointed.

At any rate, it looks like the backer site will probably be up as there's been some changes today on the forums and the eternity website.

Edited by Hiro Protagonist II

i was just about to write a dissapointed comment on how it is sad that they didn't release the update this morning (i'm from europe) after all

and then i realized today is tuesday, not wednesday, and the update isn't even supposed to be live yet *hits wall with head*

Edited by lolaldanee

"

Obsidian Forum Community
Pandamaniac,

BAdler has just posted a new topic entitled "Stretch Goals?" in forum "Project Eternity: Announcements and News".

One of the topics of our big update was whether or not our backers wanted us to introduce any new stretch goals. Here is the official poll that we will be using to tabulate the results.

Rock the vote.

The topic can be found here:
http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/64736-stretch-goals/?view=getnewpost"

"

Obsidian Forum Community
Pandamaniac,

BAdler has just posted a new topic entitled "Stretch Goals?" in forum "Project Eternity: Announcements and News".

One of the topics of our big update was whether or not our backers wanted us to introduce any new stretch goals. Here is the official poll that we will be using to tabulate the results.

Rock the vote.

Where is that from?

He follows the forum. So if that's not a troll, it's just given him a preview of today's update.

I'd be VERY surprised if it was real because who the hell introduces stretch goals in the middle of production on a small/medium budget game.

Unless someone's been doing some study on Star Citizen.

Edited by Sensuki
  • Like 1

"

Obsidian Forum Community
Pandamaniac,

Rock the vote.

Where is that from?

Would also like to know. But it sounds like Obsidian goes the Roberts way. Would be cool if that's real.

Elan_song.gif

Colour me intrigued. I'm camping out here tonight :)

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.