From the other thread:

We found out this Sunday night that the site was not going to be ready to go because of a few issues that came up.  We didn't feel confident in fixing and testing the issues in one day before going live. Because we had some extra time I gave Justin Bell the go ahead to do some additional polish work. We want this thing to go out just as much as all of you, and I understand why you are upset. Thank you all for being patient.

thanks for the response, but i still want to know whether we'll be getting this big big update anytime soon? is it set for next tuesday, or is it hence-forward "to be determined - when it's ready"?

My blog is where I'm keeping a record of all of my suggestions and bug mentions.

http://hormalakh.blogspot.com/  UPDATED 9/26/2014

My DXdiag:

http://hormalakh.blogspot.com/2014/08/beta-begins-v257.html

From the other thread:

We found out this Sunday night that the site was not going to be ready to go because of a few issues that came up.  We didn't feel confident in fixing and testing the issues in one day before going live. Because we had some extra time I gave Justin Bell the go ahead to do some additional polish work. We want this thing to go out just as much as all of you, and I understand why you are upset. Thank you all for being patient.

I'm sorry, Adam, but this is only software and technology you're dealing with. When has something unforeseen EVER gone wrong with software or technology? That's just silly...

8)

(Seriously, I admire you for being so understanding, but peeps honestly need to get off you guys's backs, and stop accusing you of "lying." It's just disrespectful. Keep up the good work! ^_^ It'll be ready when it's ready, and you're all just doing what you can, and most of us get that.)

• Like 3

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

Just a note to Adam Brennecke / Brandon Adler if you guys read this. It might be a good idea to post whether the big update is or isn't coming this week a little bit earlier (such as Monday) to avoid the situation we had last week.

• Like 4

Just a note to Adam Brennecke / Brandon Adler if you guys read this. It might be a good idea to post whether the big update is or isn't coming this week a little bit earlier (such as Monday) to avoid the situation we had last week.

Would be greatly appreciated. That way I wouldn't have to buy beer anymore just to drink it without a good reason  :banana: 

Elan_song.gif

Would be greatly appreciated. That way I wouldn't have to buy beer anymore just to drink it without a good reason  :banana: 

Come on, mate! There's always a good reason to have a drink.

I need a swig of some strong, dwarven ale!

It would be of small avail to talk of magic in the air...

If we are going to get the big update before January it will be most likely this week so here's to hoping.  I like every update Obsidian gives us, but at this point it has been too long since a "significant" update was done.

If we are going to get the big update before January it will be most likely this week so here's to hoping.  I like every update Obsidian gives us, but at this point it has been too long since a "significant" update was done.

Indeed, they still have two weeks before Christmas, so I don't think it'll be an issue of "don't launch a site before the holidays". If anything, we will not get the site because there are still serious bugs that could not have been ironed out until now.

Elan_song.gif

Indeed, they still have two weeks before Christmas, so I don't think it'll be an issue of "don't launch a site before the holidays". If anything, we will not get the site because there are still serious bugs that could not have been ironed out until now.

Yeah the issue is there is only this week (normal scheduled update week) and next week.  After next week they will be in holiday mode and likely won't have any updates before the second week of January at best.  There will also certainly be no bugs getting ironed out while they are on Christmas/New Years holiday so if they aren't ironed out basically now... then we probably won't see the site before third week of January if not early February, which would really suck.

Edited by Karkarov

I would also like to reiterate the above point regarding an earlier announcement. Unfortunately (or not), we have begun to expect Tuesday updates and I think a lot of us would be appreciative to know whether we should wait for it tomorrow or not. I don't think it's unreasonable to let us know (with great certainty bordering on absolute) whether the update is fully, and completely, ready, or that it might not be ready by tomorrow.

All the best.

My blog is where I'm keeping a record of all of my suggestions and bug mentions.

http://hormalakh.blogspot.com/  UPDATED 9/26/2014

My DXdiag:

http://hormalakh.blogspot.com/2014/08/beta-begins-v257.html

But isn't that the point of the Update? To showcase stuff. If they tell us about the Update before the Update it's like having an Update about the Update. A post-Update about the Update. "Hey guys just here to Update you guys what the next Update is going to be". I am making it sound more silly than what you intend. A heads-up what's coming our way is what I presume you're meaning, but I think the Update is a "heads-up" in itself as well.

I personally like the mystery of not knowing until it is released.

The "situation" last week was exactly what? Reflect on it. How did you handle it in comparison to how Obsidian handled it?

A heads-up what's coming our way is what I presume you're meaning, but I think the Update is a "heads-up" in itself as well.

It's not about a heads-up what's coming. It's a heads-up if something's coming. The point of saying "Yes there's an update today" is for people who maybe don't want to stay up until God knows when just to be disappointed. I don't know about you, but I have to get up early in the morning and I don't want to sacrifice a good night's sleep every week. Thus, a heads-up would be nice. Of course it's not mandatory, but it's sure as hell considerate.

I also like the mystery but sometimes it's just better to know if something's NOT coming. 

Edited by SophosTheWise

Elan_song.gif

A heads-up what's coming our way is what I presume you're meaning, but I think the Update is a "heads-up" in itself as well.

It's not about a heads-up what's coming. It's a heads-up if something's coming. The point of saying "Yes there's an update today" is for people who maybe don't want to stay up until God knows when just to be disappointed. I don't know about you, but I have to get up early in the morning and I don't want to sacrifice a good night's sleep every week. Thus, a heads-up would be nice. Of course it's not mandatory, but it's sure as hell considerate.

I also like the mystery but sometimes it's just better to know if something's NOT coming. 

Disappointment is a choice. Expectation is also your choice, albeit expectation is not entirely your consequence. If I said "I'll be there tomorrow!" it'd be safe to expect that I'd be there tomorrow. And if I would not be there I'd expect, in turn, that you'd be disappointed.

The thing is Obsidian never said "I'll be there tomorrow", they more or less said "I might be there tomorrow".

I want to note that I haven't followed this thread 100% but I've caught snippets and read some posts out of the 8 pages. I understand, but I don't feel "disappointed", because I chose never to expect anything in particular to begin with.

Disappointment is a choice. Expectation is also your choice, albeit expectation is not entirely your consequence. If I said "I'll be there tomorrow!" it'd be safe to expect that I'd be there tomorrow. And if I would not be there I'd expect, in turn, that you'd be disappointed.

The thing is Obsidian never said "I'll be there tomorrow", they more or less said "I might be there tomorrow".

I want to note that I haven't followed this thread 100% but I've caught snippets and read some posts out of the 8 pages. I understand, but I don't feel "disappointed", because I chose never to expect anything in particular to begin with.

Maybe I should've phrased that differently. I want to be up and ready to read the announcement when it's going online. That is the central point of my choice, not the choice to be disappointed. For the record, I never accused Obsidian of lying, all I said, was that I would love if they communicated more. Since I want to be up for an update, I have to stay up late, which can be - depending on the time of the update - kind of hard. Sure, it's my choice and I would never say that I'm entitled to an announcement before the update. I said it would be nice, it would be considerate and it would be courteous if they did so. We're fans after all.

Of course I can choose. That's not the point, since I chose to be a hyped fan and I'm fine with my choice. 

Elan_song.gif

If they tell us about the Update before the Update it's like having an Update about the Update. A post-Update about the Update. "Hey guys just here to Update you guys what the next Update is going to be". I am making it sound more silly than what you intend. A heads-up what's coming our way is what I presume you're meaning, but I think the Update is a "heads-up" in itself as well.

If Obsidian gave an update on Monday to say they'll be giving an update on Tuesday, then I'm sure people will be asking for an update the Friday before to find out if there will be an update on Monday to find out if there will be an update on Tuesday. Because after all, isn't that the courteous and considerate thing to do? :lol:

• Like 3

Just remember, Team Eternity... If you go ahead and decide the update's NOT going to be ready, then circumstances surprisingly allow it to be ready by tomorrow, do NOT change your mind and actually present it. Stick to your initial estimate, because if you don't, you'll have lied. And not-lying is far more important than whether or not people get a pleasant update.

8)

Edited by Lephys

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u