Ah, Brennecke has struck again. Alas, behold! The bird of ill omen, bearer of bad news, destroyer of dreams, devourer of light, hatchet man of hope, Adam Brennecke. Tremble in fear as he dashes our wishes and desires upon the jagged stones of postponement, lengthening our suffering and prolonging our torment. Heed his wicked might and abandon all hope!

Ok, seriously, it's too bad but I think it's for the better that Darren has time to iron out the major bugs. I'd rather wait longer and be able to increase my pledge successfully, than despair over error messages and money that's vanished into thin air.

Zed: :lol:

Edited by Boox
  • Like 1

It's getting really tiresome...

You could at least have been honest about it last week.

Yeah. Fool me once, etc. The reason for the delay last week was explicitly that they didn't have the staff over Thanksgiving. If it's actually that the damn thing wasn't finished, they should have just said so.

Edited by coffeetable

It's getting really tiresome...

You could at least have been honest about it last week.

Yeah. Fool me once, etc. .

Or as Michael Scott eloquently puts it: "Fool me once, strike one. Fool me twice... Strike three."

• Like 1

Elan_song.gif

Like I said, no way we are getting an update this week.  They had to scratch together last week, and half of this week they spent with their family.  They have two weeks to get the big update out, if it isn't out in two weeks it is going to be second to third week of January at best.

Everyone needs perspective.  The devs have family, holiday shopping, and personal lives/plans too.  Things like this is why most games don't get publicized until they are within a year of launching.

Edited by Karkarov
  • Like 1

If Darren is unlucky in finding those bugs it could be a next year thing.

I don't know if this idiom translates into English, but please, don't summon evil ghosts.

For future reference: "don't jinx it" is probably the closest match.

(what language is the evil ghosts idiom from?)

Fair enough! :)

German, or rather Swiss German I presume. I don't think people use it in High German. 

Elan_song.gif

From the other thread:

We found out this Sunday night that the site was not going to be ready to go because of a few issues that came up.  We didn't feel confident in fixing and testing the issues in one day before going live. Because we had some extra time I gave Justin Bell the go ahead to do some additional polish work. We want this thing to go out just as much as all of you, and I understand why you are upset. Thank you all for being patient.

• Like 11

Follow me on twitter - @adam_brennecke

Hi Adam, I don't post much but just wanted to say thank you for all your hard work making this game and no sweat about the delay. I know you know this, but people really love Eternity. To me that's beautiful. Bringing back the infinity engine magic... It's a very special thing that you are doing and yes my heart is bound up in it too, even if I don't follow development as closely as others.

Best of luck and godspeed.

• Like 1

From the other thread:

We found out this Sunday night that the site was not going to be ready to go because of a few issues that came up.  We didn't feel confident in fixing and testing the issues in one day before going live. Because we had some extra time I gave Justin Bell the go ahead to do some additional polish work. We want this thing to go out just as much as all of you, and I understand why you are upset. Thank you all for being patient.

Appreciate the explanation; I'm sure everyone understands that deadlines aren't always hit.

So............................................................................... tentatively, next Tuesday?

Are you aware that the developers of this game literally bask in the miasma of disappointment emanating from you all? Like vampires, they need the sweet musk of crestfallen geeks to survive. They set up these scenarios on purpose.

The only survival tactic open to you is to open a new hot chicks thread in WWOT.

• Like 3

sonsofgygax.JPG