Im personaly more interested in fact how will they menage people interactions, relationship with party members, facts about game world, fractions, religions, creatures, races, countries, politics, gods, skills, classes, spells.. baaah.. even crafting ...

WHY ? Becouse i know that obsidian is wery good in 2D graphics so no worry. Whats worrys me is possibilyty of makeing Baldours Gate 1 copy and paste, with no character interaction and non-original plot ... but im hopeing that will not hapen ...

• Like 1

Im personaly more interested in fact how will they menage people interactions, relationship with party members, facts about game world, fractions, religions, creatures, races, countries, politics, gods, skills, classes, spells.. baaah.. even crafting ...

WHY ? Becouse i know that obsidian is wery good in 2D graphics so no worry. Whats worrys me is possibilyty of makeing Baldours Gate 1 copy and paste, with no character interaction and non-original plot ... but im hopeing that will not hapen ...

Right. Because if there's one thing I worry about with an Obsidian made game, it's that there won't be any character interactions.

• Like 4

Right. Because if there's one thing I worry about with an Obsidian made game, it's that there won't be any character interactions.

Totally. I'm so much more worried about the character intra-actions. 8)

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

Mayby im not so worring about "non-interaction" but no logical consequense on those interactions. Not tu much .. but litte. My worst ngihtmare about PE is Neverwinter Nights 2 type of companions .. plastic, not realistic.

Mayby im not so worring about "non-interaction" but no logical consequense on those interactions. Not tu much .. but litte. My worst ngihtmare about PE is Neverwinter Nights 2 type of companions .. plastic, not realistic.

As far as I know Ferret Bedouin snuck out of that project half-way through development and left it for Josh Sawyer and a few other people to try and salvage something playable. Call me a naive' optimist, but between Chris Avellone, George Ziets, Tim Cain and the aforementioned Mr. Sawyer I think the game is in capable hands.

Edited by nikolokolus
  • Like 2

I tend to agree, I want to understand more about what you mentioned but also how Romance will be implemented? We haven't had information around Romance so any insight would be pertinent

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Hey there - I haven't really been following this game since I pledged for it but what is the Backer Portal?

I think this is basically a separate website where you can upgrade your pledge. Don't know why everyone is so excited about it.

Hey there - I haven't really been following this game since I pledged for it but what is the Backer Portal?

I think this is basically a separate website where you can upgrade your pledge. Don't know why everyone is so excited about it.

I thought it was like a town portal, only it took us to Obsidian's offices, so that we can all become unpaid interns for the dev team if we so choose. Hmm... so it's a website? :)

• Like 4

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

Ah best I stay away from it - I pledge $140 bucks to Star Citizen a year ago ... Today my pledge amount is somewhat higher. I'll be honest this project was for me to say thanks to Obsidian for their work on Fallout directly, and I look forward to playing this in a lazy enjoy my pace fashion.

Or just where you throw more money at Obsidian in exchange for more goodies :)

• Like 1

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

usually it's one every two weeks, but I hope so.

• Like 2

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

usually it's one every two weeks, but I hope so.

I hope so as well.

Another week and it's "almost" X-Mas so then they would have another reason (or excuse) not to start the backer page, because there's holiday incoming.

Edited by Messier-31
  • Like 4

It would be of small avail to talk of magic in the air...

I think the general feeling is that there's going to be a gameplay video with the update.  If not, then it's my general feeling.

Don't worry, Quetz, Adam will be here shortly to give us more bad news  :( *pessimist at heart*

Seriously, though, I really do hope that we'll get the big update/portal launch ASAP.

Edited by Boox

I know it feels like the backer portal and all has been teased for ages now, but I suspect that they really are ready to launch it this time.  If "withheld until Thanksgiving's end so staff would be on hand to iron out wrinkles at launch" is an excuse, then it is a reasonable one.

Despite my pessimistic nature, I'm fairly confident this next update will bring, at the very least, our backer portal.

Of course, an extension of Murphy's Law might say that the probability of bad things happening increases with the confidence that bad things will not happen, so I might have caught myself in a catch-22 here.

It better be tomorrow, otherwise I'll have to sit here and simmer with impotent rage again.

Seriously though, I'd be quite disapointed if it isn't tomorrow. Because then the only reason for withholding it would be "We don't do weekly updates!", despite that technically everything should have been ready since last week.

*Sighs* so next week..

Seriously though, I'd be quite disapointed if it isn't tomorrow. Because then the only reason for withholding it would be "We don't do weekly updates!", despite that technically everything should have been ready since last week.

But then they will have to make another update for next week and I suspect that writing those updates are not the most fun chore ;)

*Sighs* so next week..

But then they will have to make another update for next week and I suspect that writing those updates are not the most fun chore ;)

Huh? Did I miss the announcement, or are you just being pessimistic?

And why would they need to make one for next week? The last update was just a quick patch up for the "broken promise".

Though they usually do an update every two weeks, this rythm is not set in stone. I just think it would be ****ty to withhold something that was more or less promised just because "We don't do two updates one week after the other , lol."