Way back in October last year I made a camp out thread for Kickstarter Update 20, which was the Environment Screenshot update.

There'll probably be a few people 'staying up' for tomorrow/today's update.

The Update 49 Environment Demo video was posted quite late due to issues with youtube video compression and stuff, so it's a wonder whether Obsidian has already recorded their Gameplay Demonstration / uploaded it to their Obsidian youtube account or not.

At a minimum we have 9 hours or so until the time frame for updates begins.

What are people looking forward to seeing in tomorrow's update? It could be multiple things at once - the backer site is a given, and a video of some sort is almost guaranteed - as it was mentioned by Chris Avellone at MIGS 2013 in Quebec and the Update 67 spreadsheet says that there is 37.0 something allocated for a Press Demo in the 3rd milestone, which is due to end this week.

I hope they end up doing a Gameplay Demonstration video akin to the very first Wasteland 2 and Shadowrun Returns video that shows off the UI, character movement, combat and other stuff (for PE - questing, scripted interactions, looting etc, perhaps char prog) along with some new Justin Bell music.

Will also be nice to see character models of Orlans, Aumaua and Godlike as well as enemy monster models for the first time.

The backer website also might have some new information, lore and whatnot.

Also pretty sure the Pillars of Eternity title will drop as well.

edit: I'm also interested in hearing who the Contract Writer is that they hired.

Edited by Sensuki
  • Like 11

Very nice idea for a thread! :)

I'm looking forward to the backer portal, of course, and all the digital goodies that may eventually land there, especially Cooking with Tim.

And some gameplay footage with Justin's brilliant music would be absolutely fantastic!

But all that pales in comparison to the Forum VIP-badge! I mean, we're here for the forums first and foremost, right? ;)

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

What is this thread, the line in front of a Walmart on Black Friday? :biggrin:

People are really expecting something jaw-dropping, so am I - but I'll receive any information there is, no matter the subject.

Edited by Messier-31

It would be of small avail to talk of magic in the air...

the Forum VIP-badge! I mean, we're here for the forums first and foremost, right? ;)

Hahah Indeed. Let the Gold and Watcher backers be revealed :disguise:

There will also be a Gamebanshee piece coming perhaps not today, but tomorrow or later this week. I think Buck visited the studio and has tales to tell.

Edited by Sensuki
  • Like 1

I'm looking forward to the backer portal since I would like to upgrade my pledge. I'd also like to learn more about the history of the setting and the game mechanics, e.g. attributes and animal companions, and to see some actual gameplay footage. I really liked Rob Nesler's FIRST ART UPDATE, so I'm hoping he will make an appearance too :D

I'm also looking forward to new backer portal, i would grab some addons, as i bacame backer of this game pretty late :)  I also like Pillars of Eternity name, it have sound to it even after translating it into Polish. I would like some lore update, and a new video would be great to watch :)

watcher_zps2e08ddad.jpg

I'm going to sit in front of my PC with a bottle of whiskey until the update is revealed, or until AoS comes on.

• Like 2

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

I'm going to sit in front of my PC with a bottle of whiskey until the update is revealed, or until AoS comes on.

I knew you would wait with a bottle of whiskey Kaine, but the salient question is " will one bottle be enough" :biggrin:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Are we sure that tomorrow is the big day, or is it next week?

Update 66 says before Thanksgiving. Which is today.

It seemed rather appropriate to have a bigger than normal update coming before this holiday and we’re cooking a big one for you! This turkey dinner is going to be large and in charge... It’ll show a bunch of new stuff we haven’t shown anyone outside the studio yet and one of the side dishes coming with it is the new site.

• Like 1

Eh who knows.  I would like to see the backer site, and god forbid those really hard to implement forum badges or whatever.  Truthfully what I "really" want is some live footage with commentary from Sawyer.  Can be a basic dungeon, a generic bandit base in the forest, don't care, just give us something other than still frame images.

Also if it is called "Tuesday update" why is everyone sure it isn't getting here until Wednesday?  Give Obsidian some credit, they should have been planning this one for other a month, if not more.

Edited by Karkarov

Are we sure that tomorrow is the big day, or is it next week?

Update 66 says before Thanksgiving. Which is today.

It's also Tomorrow, Sensuki!

Like I said in the other thread, there's nothing but "tradition" dictating that the big update must come today. I just have this gut feeling that this update is big enough to break the "updates-happen-only-on-tuesdays", thing.

Besides, it'd be so much more "dramatic" to present this update right before Thanksgiving, instead of, you know, two days before it.

Let's gather round the glow of our monitors and tell spooky stories long into the night, i'll go first:

In a small town in Yorkshire a monolithic gothic nightmare stands, a church that casts its shadow over all the surrounding lands. Where hooded brethren scuttle and scrape, and the villagers cast down their eyes, lest they draw the attention of that awful presence.

It was there in the year 1990 that the bells began to toll, echoing across hill and dale, roaring out their discordant song. Sheep fell silent, babes burst into tears, grown men paled and women ceased their friendly chatter. All eyes turned to that vast edifice of stone and misery.

The great iron barred, oaken hearted doors swung wide to reveal a scene of misery and tragedy.

I had been married.

Edit: Rather excited, I will probably end up responding tomorrow however.

Edited by Nonek
  • Like 9

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Let's gather round the glow of our monitors and tell spooky stories long into the night, i'll go first:

In a small town in Yorkshire a monolithic gothic nightmare stands, a church that casts its shadow over all the surrounding lands. Where hooded brethren scuttle and scrape, and the villagers cast down their eyes, lest they draw the attention of that awful presence.

It was there in the year 1990 that the bells began to toll, echoing across hill and dale, roaring out their discordant song. Sheep fell silent, babes burst into tears, grown men paled and women ceased their friendly chatter. All eyes turned to that vast edifice of stone and misery.

The great iron barred, oaken hearted doors swung wide to reveal a scene of misery and tragedy.

I had been married.

Edit: Rather excited, I will probably end up responding tomorrow however.

:lol: this is not the first time you have demonstrated how eloquent you are at writing witty and clever posts, keep up the good work :thumbsup:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

"And who was the lucky bride?" you ask.

She was turning 33 in about a fortnight, and had raven-black hair, braided into gnarly prongs, hanging limply on each side of her dry and elongated countenance, in the midst of which green eyes were burning with malicious intent and an insatiable appetite for gullible men of decency and pride.

Her name? Zarasthra Funcheon, or just Zara for short.

It had been only five weeks since she picked me in a weird baptism of fire over at the local pub just after midnight.

• Like 4

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

Looking forward to the backer portal. I will finally be able to create my NPC. I don't think I'll do a great job but I'm sure feedback will be given.

Most exciting would be a video with gameplay. I don't care if it only lasts one minute. I just want to see it in motion.

Yeah, I'm checking in. I don't have any stuff here (maybe I'll go and buy some beer) and I hope the update goes online early, rather than later. I have to be at a journalistics lecture in the morning and I can't skip because our class is kind of small and I already skipped last time. 

I hope for a complete package, but honestly, what I hope the most is that we didn't get our expectations too high. That has happened too many times and sometimes I get kind of bigger and PE's probably the first title in years which really hyped me. 

I also expect them to drop the Pillars title because, honestly, it would've been reaaaaally anticlimactic if they spoiled a long-awaited name via a screenshot. Also it would've been really dumb if accidental. And I, for one, think that Obsidian is full of smart people that would love to use the leverage they've got now to drop a bomb on us. Maybe they even give us the cover art! :)

If there's a video I hope it to be a bit similar from the Wasteland/Shadowrun videos. I'd rather have a 10 minute trailer filled with various stuff instead of 30 minutes of anticlimactic explanation of small details and just one level. But this is unrealistic I think. I wouldn't be mad anyways, because we've got a video. 

At the moment, it's 18.43 here. Still a long way to go.

Elan_song.gif

Oh! For some reason, I marked it for next week in my calendar. Hm! 

Honestly, I don't care much about the backer site, I'm waiting for the gameplay video. Hopefully it's a longer one and not just a trailer.

======================================
http://janpospisil.daportfolio.com/ - my portfolio
http://janpospisil.blogspot.cz/ - my blog