What you having for dinner tonight?

Gorth

Went out to a place called Sushi Den and as you can probably already guess I got chicken fried steak

No, I lied. I got sushi but all I really want is a chicken fried steak and mashed potatoes smothered in too much gravy

For dessert I candied some kumquats and sliced kiwi and mango (and I think half a honeydew*) and it was edible but I still crave the delicious flavor of chicken fried steak

*it the night grew fuzzy towards the end as I was suffering from chicken fried steak withdrawals 

I don't think I've ever eaten chicken fried steak. You'll have to direct me to a good one if we ever meet.

• Like 1

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Went out to a place called Sushi Den and as you can probably already guess I got chicken fried steak

No, I lied. I got sushi but all I really want is a chicken fried steak and mashed potatoes smothered in too much gravy

For dessert I candied some kumquats and sliced kiwi and mango (and I think half a honeydew*) and it was edible but I still crave the delicious flavor of chicken fried steak

*it the night grew fuzzy towards the end as I was suffering from chicken fried steak withdrawals 

I love sushi and sashimi, I don't love how expensive it is.  If it was more reasonably priced, I would eat it regularly.

As it is, more often than not, on the few occasions I do dine out (I cook the vast majority of the time), I'll generally rather drop a tenner (yes, I am using British slang to mean $10) for a big ol' helping of Jamaican comfort food that will last me the whole day, rather than almost twice that for barely a meal's worth of sushi or sashimi.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Last night I consumed brownies, tacos, vodka, whiskey, rum, stout, orange juice, and possibly some chips. Going to make Chicken and Waffles for breakfast when I have the energy.

I don't think I've ever eaten chicken fried steak. You'll have to direct me to a good one if we ever meet.

I could send you a recipe. If you can get your hands on venison, it isn't hard to do.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Oh man, where to begin

Let's see

-maple bacon and onion skewers

-pasta salad

-chips and salsa

-beef ribs

-pork ribs

-pulled pork sliders

-macaroni sliders

-swiss and mushroom sliders

-sliders with grilled onion

-veggie platter

-truffle fries

The vodka gummy bears were also a huge hit

• Like 1

Free games updated 3/4/21

Last night I consumed brownies, tacos, vodka, whiskey, rum, stout, orange juice, and possibly some chips. Going to make Chicken and Waffles for breakfast when I have the energy.

I could send you a recipe. If you can get your hands on venison, it isn't hard to do.

October's vension season over here. But I could probably get some if I asked my butcher.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Yesterday I was in the mood for sushi. But had better idea. 

Found good fishmongers, bought fresh salmon steak. Took slamon steak home, armed self with sharp knife, and fork. Ate salmon raw with plain brown rice. Soy sauce, black pepper, lemon.

Cost: £5.50 for about 4 times more raw fish goodness than I'd have got in a sushi box.

• Like 2

-Elwood Blues

Speaking of barbecue equipment, why are stores only stocking those stupid silicon tipped barbecue tongs?

-Elwood Blues

Yesterday I was in the mood for sushi. But had better idea. 

Found good fishmongers, bought fresh salmon steak. Took slamon steak home, armed self with sharp knife, and fork. Ate salmon raw with plain brown rice. Soy sauce, black pepper, lemon.

Cost: £5.50 for about 4 times more raw fish goodness than I'd have got in a sushi box.

Took out Le Grille and had some fun. My totally manly teflon spatula came to good use. Pork, hot dogs, kebab and whatnot. Some Coca Cola, beers and potato salad to top things off.

Huh. Barbecued some summer chinook earlier. Funny.

Speaking of barbecue equipment, why are stores only stocking those stupid silicon tipped barbecue tongs?

Because you don't live in AMERICA.

Edited by AGX-17

Because you don't live in AMERICA.

You are so right. *sobs*

• Like 1

-Elwood Blues

I am making myself homemade burgers for lunch, I like making my own hamburgers because I can experiment with toppings and the meat, like adding Veal, content of the actual burger :dancing:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Tonight I'm having a Dutch sausage with green salad and avocado pear. Healthy and tasty

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Couldn't get my preferred takeaway last night so we went to a kebab place. I must be growing up, because I just couldn't finish the damn thing.

What I need to do is lay in canned goods to make up good food if same arises again.

-Elwood Blues

• 2 weeks later...

Put some chicken breast in the slow cooker about 5 hours ago, covered with water, and added taco seasonings.  I just shredded the chicken with a pair of forks (after cooking for 5 hours it was super easy to shred).  I'm going to let it cook for another 3 hours.  In about an hour I'm gonna chop up some green peppers and onions and toss them in with the chicken, with a half hour to go I'm going to cook up some rice, then it's chicken burrito time.

:dancing:

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Oxtail soup. This time cut the fat off first and rendered it down some, then removed from the saucepan. Added trimmed chunks of tail, red pepper, vegetable marrow, chicken stock cubes, coriander seed, black pepper. Much nicer overall, I'm ashamed to say.

• Like 1

-Elwood Blues

The finished burrito ready for consumption (after I roll it up):

kHJ27lz.jpg

t2801.gif

@Walsy - That soup sounds delicious.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

• 3 weeks later...

Breakfasted on whole pan-fried gurnard. Lemon pepper, olive oil. Toasted bagels.

First time I've cooked this fish. Shallow oil, warmed the pepper through before starting the fish. Toasted both sides, then covered the pan with a lid to steam-fry. Total cook about 20 minutes, although eaten out of the pan still on the heat, sizzling oil mopped up with the bagels.

Taste and texture of the flesh superb. Delicate, but with plenty more flavour than, say cod. Not much meat on the wee fellah. Feel full, but if I were serving at dinner I'd leave it as a discrete fish course, not a main.

Black coffee.

• Like 1

-Elwood Blues

I call it the caveman-soup because its so simple, healthy and effective. Its lots of leek, potatoes, carrots, parsley and parsley root crudely cut to roughly equally sized pieces and cooked for 21 minutes in water. - No stock cubes!-

There is only two things to consider: don't cook it to death or all the vitamins will be gone and the leek must not be cooked for longer than 10 minutes or it will completely disintegrate. 

Not a masterpiece but it definitely gets the job done. Plus its very tasty. 

soupwoldan_zpsfeb05515.jpg

Its also a perfect auxiliary meal for those who do lots of sports, it replaces tons of the minerals you lose through sweating. 

Edited by Woldan
  • Like 1

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Steak and roasted corn.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

I call it the caveman-soup because its so simple, healthy and effective. Its lots of leek, potatoes, carrots, parsley and parsley root crudely cut to roughly equally sized pieces and cooked for 21 minutes in water. - No stock cubes!-

There is only two things to consider: don't cook it to death or all the vitamins will be gone and the leek must not be cooked for longer than 10 minutes or it will completely disintegrate. 

Not a masterpiece but it definitely gets the job done. Plus its very tasty. 

soupwoldan_zpsfeb05515.jpg

Its also a perfect auxiliary meal for those who do lots of sports, it replaces tons of the minerals you lose through sweating. 

Why no stock cubes? Can you not get good ones in Austria?

-Elwood Blues