What you having for dinner tonight?

Gorth

Went out for Italian again because it's my wife's birthday weekend and that's her favorite

I had seared hamachi with a fried risotto cake and some kind of weird and delicious mix of butternut squash, strawberries, pancetta, and garlic. It was their daily special so I can't double check from the menu

My wife had Spaghetti Arrabbiata - Tomato spaghetti tossed with spicy tomato sauce, cooked with applewood smoked bacon,

chipotle peppers, olive oil & garlic finished with crispy pancetta

The best part for me was the pork belly appetizer - braised pork belly, chipotle maple glaze, sautéed figs, baby arugula & crispy bread
  • Like 1

Free games updated 3/4/21

This morning I ate a donut and it made me sick all day.  I started to recover by the evening, and put together a nice potato and asparagus soup to help me feel better.

You body is clearly rejecting the unhealthy food, Donut's are bad for you Hurlshot....very bad ;)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

This morning I ate a donut and it made me sick all day.  I started to recover by the evening, and put together a nice potato and asparagus soup to help me feel better.

You body is clearly rejecting the unhealthy food, Donut's are bad for you Hurlshot....very bad ;)

While your lack of doughnuts has made you all preachy. ;P You might want to get that checked.

• Like 1

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

While your lack of doughnuts has made you all preachy. ;P You might want to get that checked.

I'm happy for someone to dispute what I'm saying about Doughnuts without me researching the issue. Are Doughnuts good for you?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Last night I had a friends b-day dinner in Pretoria, about 60 km from where I live. We went to this authentic Italian restaurant called Carrafas. I had Chicken Livers for starters and then Chicken breast in a white wine sauce for my main. It was delicious but the highlight of the evening was the company. My friend, his wife and there friends are such nice people. We end up drinking, joking with each other and laughing about completely silly things and at times discussing serious things like the objectification of women in society

My friends wife is a teacher and her and her friend politely let me know they think I have ADHD (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ADHD) because they see this with some of the children they teach, anyway we had a good chuckle  discussing the symptoms of ADHD and do I really have it. I'm sure I have some of the characteristics of ADHD and its not a big deal if I am anyway :)

John Milton 

I can like like liver depending on preparation/cooking methods - mother made beef liver/onions a lot - but most of my experience with chicken liver was using it raw for night catfishing. Those catfish sure do love the stuff.

One food to catch another food. 'Tis awesome.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I can like like liver depending on preparation/cooking methods - mother made beef liver/onions a lot - but most of my experience with chicken liver was using it raw for night catfishing. Those catfish sure do love the stuff.

One food to catch another food. 'Tis awesome.

Liver and onions go great together. I eat all organs of animals. Brain, kidneys, tripe, lung..you name it

IMO the main reason why people say they don't like these types of food is more the thought of eating them. You assume they won't taste nice..once you realize the texture is fine they can be delicious

Edited by BruceVC
  • Like 1

John Milton 

Last night after dinner I decided to treat myself to something delicious but decadent, I ate 150 grams of ripened Stilton Cheese with Melba biscuits ....it was yummy :wowey:

John Milton 

Just had some mexican rice. 

Tomorrow i'm gonna treat myself with some chinese getaway  :dancing:

Stupid question but don't you mean Chinese takeaway ?

John Milton 

the same i had yesterday... a sandwitch

no he means getaway... it means you steal the food and run

• Like 1

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

• 2 weeks later...

no he means getaway... it means you steal the food and run

Like chew and screw?

So I want to make a meatball sub.  I have meatballs, sauce, onions, cheese...  oops no rolls.  But wait, I have a loaf of garlic bread on hand.

/lightbulb lights up over head

Pray for my arteries.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Last night I made Bahamian style Mahi-Mahi. You put a 6-14 oz filet in an aluminum foil pouch with broccoli, green peppers, red potato quarters, onions, and season to taste with a few tablespoons of water, seal the foil and let it steam in the smoker at 300F for 30 minutes. Then you put the foil pouch on a plate, cut it open and eat right from the foil. It was great. Lady GD loved it.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Only my mother could make salmon and red snapper in a way that I liked them. Although I do like smoked salmon, if it's the more dry kind vs. the super-moist kind.

I have no idea what's for dinner tonight, since I didn't feel like cooking. One of those fend for yourself times I think.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I had a Sushi platter for supper last night, I didn't think it was going to full me up but it did. I am really loving my Sushi at the moment :)

• Like 1

John Milton 

NY strip cooked over charcoal. Isn't that really the only way though?

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell