What you having for dinner tonight?

Gorth

Food, glorious food!

Start of old thread
End of old thread

You guys eat too much... ;)

No, seriously, made some "pasta bake" over the weekend (served with some nice white wine from the fridge). Delicious. It's just that it made me feel like I gained 20kg overnight :rolleyes:

I'm cooking Hot Corn Chowder in the crock pot. It's like regular corn chowder but with fresh jalapenos chopped up in it. It's been cooking for 4 hours now and it smells soooo good.

Corn Chowder, huh? One of those things I need to google I suppose :grin:

As for German cuisine, I always associated that with schnitzel, wurst and sauerkraut (all of which is delicious).

• Like 7

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I went to a Pizza place last night for takeaways where you choose your own toppings. I was stoned so I was very experimental. I had

• Double Cheese
  • Chilli and Jalapenos
  • Bacon and Spicy Chicken
  • Anchovies
  • Banana
  • Avocado

It really worked and Anchovies added a tasty saltiness :)

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Food, glorious food!

Start of old thread

End of old thread

As for German cuisine, I always associated that with schnitzel, wurst and sauerkraut (all of which is delicious).

German cuisine is very famous and respected. They specialize in meats like sausage and roasts. But they also do very good cheeses and desserts, like Black Forest cake

:)

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I went to a Pizza place last night for takeaways where you choose your own toppings. I was stoned so I was very experimental. I had

• Double Cheese
  • Chilli and Jalapenos
  • Anchovies
  • Banana
  • Avocado

BANANA?

You are wrong and must be stopped.

• Like 3

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

• Double Cheese
  • Chilli and Jalapenos
  • Anchovies
  • Banana
  • Avocado

BANANA?

Banana is delicious on a pizza, you must try it :yes:

• Like 1

John Milton 

• Double Cheese
  • Chilli and Jalapenos
  • Anchovies
  • Banana
  • Avocado

BANANA?

I would rather swear allegiance to the Champs Elysee and then urinate on the Queen.

• Like 2

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

• Double Cheese
  • Chilli and Jalapenos
  • Anchovies
  • Banana
  • Avocado

BANANA?

I would rather swear allegiance to the Champs Elysee and then urinate on the Queen.

So not totally out of the question then?

• Like 4

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

• Double Cheese
  • Chilli and Jalapenos
  • Anchovies
  • Banana
  • Avocado

BANANA?

So not totally out of the question then?

Well, I guess if you put all three together I could be simultaneously sick, and thrown out of both Britain and France.

• Like 1

-Elwood Blues

Back on topic:

I had a meaty fry-up for breakfast, with a lamb chop and two sausages. And some boiled potato slices.

I kept the frying pan and half the potato. This evening I added water to the pan, reheated, and added red lentils and rice. Smushed everything up once the lentils went soft. Added cloves, black pepper, turmeric, and a tiny pinch of sea salt.

Delicious winter soup. Cost about 30p.

• Like 2

-Elwood Blues

Back on topic:

I had a meaty fry-up for breakfast, with a lamb chop and two sausages. And some boiled potato slices.

I kept the frying pan and half the potato. This evening I added water to the pan, reheated, and added red lentils and rice. Smushed everything up once the lentils went soft. Added cloves, black pepper, turmeric, and a tiny pinch of sea salt.

Delicious winter soup. Cost about 30p.

Good thinking, it sounds like a nice meal

• Like 1

John Milton 

• Double Cheese
  • Chilli and Jalapenos
  • Anchovies
  • Banana
  • Avocado

BANANA?

One of my favorite pizzas has chicken, curry, pineapple and bananas.

• Like 2

I was stoned so I was very experimental.

I hate that, when people throw rocks at you in the street and you have to think of clever and inventive ways to exact revenge ... like putting bananas on a pizza. 

Exactly, I see you understand completely :lol:

• Like 1

John Milton 

Steaks for dinner tonight

My favorite pizza nowadays is one with very little cheese, a little extra garlic, and a ton of mushrooms and I like raw anchovies on the side

Interesting fact but the first pizzas that were ever made in the 1600's in Naples only had anchovies, basel, garlic  and olive oil. No cheese or tomato base. So your current pizza choice isn't far off from the original pizzas :)

• Like 1

John Milton 

I think medister with fried vegetables with beans and hummus on the side. I like to eat either "tapas" style with several small independent dishes or Chili Con Carne / Gullasch style with one bit pot of all the ingredients.

• Like 1

Fortune favors the bald.

The leftover pizza I was going to eat had went south, so instead I made myself a quesadilla.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Planning the last few items for our Thanksgiving dinner

It's a bit tough because my friends and I being from where we are from (American South and Southwest) tend to like bigger bolder flavors and more spices, whereas my wife and her friends tend to like more delicate flavors and things a bit bland (they are all from former Soviet countries)

Free games updated 3/4/21

Planning the last few items for our Thanksgiving dinner

It's a bit tough because my friends and I being from where we are from (American South and Southwest) tend to like bigger bolder flavors and more spices, whereas my wife and her friends tend to like more delicate flavors and things a bit bland (they are all from former Soviet countries)

Does Thanksgiving dinner differ from state to state in the USA or is there generally the same meal, for example Turkey?

John Milton