Good Old Games

Gorth

My 2yr old kept sayin' Mickey when he seen Castle of Illusion. I remembered liking it a way beck when, so I picked it up (the remake.)

I don't remember the controls being that big of a pain in the old Genesis version.

You see, ever since the whole Doritos Locos Tacos thing, Taco Bell thinks they can do whatever they want.

My experience with old games usually is that I used to be good at them and can't get past the first half hour anymore now ;)

I'm still good at most of the old games - at least the ones I occasionally fire up again. But this is mostly because I played them so much back when that they're forever burned into the brain, like the memory of one's first love.
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I am still pretty good at old games that I've played a lot back in the days. Like Jagged Alliance 1, for example. But I've never really played Deadly Games and when I try it now, I suck at it very hard and usually give up way too fast... Even though it's pretty much the same game.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Syndicate I suck at now.

There's not a problem miniguns/lasers and full adrenals can't solve :)

It's the expansion that really is hard.

I am still pretty good at old games that I've played a lot back in the days. Like Jagged Alliance 1, for example. But I've never really played Deadly Games and when I try it now, I suck at it very hard and usually give up way too fast... Even though it's pretty much the same game.

Yes, you should play JA1 again this year, for it's 20th anniversary. :D I thought i'd give the JA2 mod with ja1 content a try, but something about the original is just not present there.

Anyway, DG is the same BUT since it's 1 sector missions only, you don't really get the chance to play like you'd want to. The mission goals are sometimes quite a bother as well. THen there's the mortars that completely change everything. Other than all that and firing from croch position, it's pretty much the same game. :grin: Enemy AI might have gotten an upgrade as well, but i don't really remember.

1.13 killed off Ja2.

http://www.gog.com/game/silent_service_12  Silent Service 1 & 2 released

Hm, wonder if they'll get more MPS games - I miss playing F-117A and GS2k

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Can you make a copy of that and mail it to me ? :p

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

But how would I defeat the copy protec..... oh wait, it's just pictures in the manuals.

(The CD versions were literally the same files as the floppy versions by the way, just copied into directories on the CD. The manuals were reformatted into a compact version such that the pictures were collected on the front pages instead of the main body)

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Ah, the joys of defeating that copy protection at an Office Depot, heh.   Those keyboard overlays were fun, except when they started to fall apart.

It's good that Tommo picked up more than just the HE games since we are finally starting to see them again.

You see, ever since the whole Doritos Locos Tacos thing, Taco Bell thinks they can do whatever they want.

The few times mentioned Blackguards released few days ago on GOG as well. If DRM free release may spark your interest more than Steam release :p

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Sale on chaps.

Edit: The video accompanying the sale is hilarious.

Edited by Nonek
  • Like 1

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Hopefully this insomnia sale works better. At least we can speed up the time remaining. And there is a time remaining.

• Like 1

Phew, no more Jack Keane or Omerta holding it up.

• Like 1

Might & Magic going strong.