Good Old Games

Gorth

So it seems the sale is ending in ~40h and they have brought all the deals back. Is his standard practice?

Funny thing, no Star Wars games have been on sale either on GOG or Steam. I wonder what's up with that.

The Star Wars Franchise was on a big sale a month or two ago.

So it seems the sale is ending in ~40h and they have brought all the deals back. Is his standard practice?

Funny thing, no Star Wars games have been on sale either on GOG or Steam. I wonder what's up with that.

The Star Wars Franchise was on a big sale a month or two ago.

:banghead:

Of course. When they added the JK games, right? I completely forgot about that. Still, kinda iffy that there is absolutely no discount on any SW games (well, except Pinball) on Steam either.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

• 3 weeks later...

Now that's what I call a return to form, i'd been waiting for the return of some good old games, hopefully Dark Omen and the Dawn of War series will follow.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Now that's what I call a return to form, i'd been waiting for the return of some good old games, hopefully Dark Omen and the Dawn of War series will follow.

I'm dreading the day DoW makes it to GoG; I'll have to buy it again ~for the fourth time.

Anytime something pops up for sale DRM free, that duplicates an entry in my limited Steam library, I buy it, and one more Steam game gets discarded. Eventually, I will just have Fallout:New Vegas via Steam, and when I can find that DRM free (not that I expect it), I can uninstall Steam.

Edited by Gizmo
  • Like 1

last time they had a sale i got Nox. its not a bad game but it releashed together with diablo 2 at the time so it passed un-noticed. still it has it's share of flaws and some of them grave.

the forced transition between chapters (each chapter is in a different location and you dont get to choose when to move, so often you may fail quests because the game has thrown you to the next chapter before you could turn them in)

the "one way" level design that does not let you go back to town for resuply, usually followed by the chapter transition (a merchant has a really nice item you want but cant afford it. you go in the dungeon to loot some stuff and sell them, but you cant come back out until you run through it all and at the end you move to the next location so you cant get the item)

the complete imbalance of the classes with the warrior getting the shortest possible straw (due in no small part to the 2 problems above) since he needs constant gear upgrading and repair and has no way to make the money needed (while the wizard can go around naked for all you care and spend no money at all for anything AND have an easier time in combat)

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

I have the original NOX CDs, and the GoG version. The only problem I have with the game, is that no one cares about anything in their house or establishment. The PC can enter any location and smash everything to bits and soak the floor... No one notices. sad.png

Otherwise it's a great game that pulls off a great trick with MMX, for the realtime line-of-sight fog of war.

Westwood released several patches and special addons for Nox. I'm not sure if the GoG version has or supports any of them though.

Edited by Gizmo

I finally own a Metro game now :) Enjoyed the books and looking forward to playing.

Great games, very brutal and unforgiving. Especially the first one where you really learn the importance of saving ammunition 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I finally own a Metro game now :) Enjoyed the books and looking forward to playing.

Which one?  You should play them both, preferably in order.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

2033 Redux. Will get the second one if I like the first one, hopefully get around to playing it this weekend.

Yes, I heard about the importance of saving ammunition - fits the story and my way of playing games :)

Citizen of a country with a racist, hypocritical majority

if you wanna know what saving ammo really is, play on ranger mode

• Like 1

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.