Good Old Games

Gorth

Wait, CK2 with DLCs are on GOG? its too good to be true

Not as far as I can see, only the old game.

Yeah, it's only CK, not CK2.  If you want CK2, you have to sign your fist born over to GabeN.  :teehee:

Nah not going to buy another half product, I will wait for complete edition. Do someone know how much each DLC for CK2 cost? because there is already around 20+ as far as I know and if each is 5 bucks + then its really ton of cash for one game

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Yeah, it's only CK, not CK2.  If you want CK2, you have to sign your fist born over to GabeN.  :teehee:

Nah not going to buy another half product, I will wait for complete edition. Do someone know how much each DLC for CK2 cost? because there is already around 20+ as far as I know and if each is 5 bucks + then its really ton of cash for one game

There are like 5 or 6 major DLCs that add scenarios and/or flesh out and add stuff to what were previously unplayable and/or minor cultures.  Then there are about a billion DLCs that just add portraits, unit models, and songs.  Wait until a Steam Sale and you can probably get the base game and all the major expansions for around $30 or $35, then just scoop up whatever culture's songs and portraits and graphics you care about the most for like 50 cents a pop.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

There are like 5 or 6 major DLCs that add scenarios and/or flesh out and add stuff to what were previously unplayable and/or minor cultures.  Then there are about a billion DLCs that just add portraits, unit models, and songs.  Wait until a Steam Sale and you can probably get the base game and all the major expansions for around $30 or $35, then just scoop up whatever culture's songs and portraits and graphics you care about the most for like 50 cents a pop.

Yeah, would do if I know there would not be another DLC released in next week :) I am completionist I cant help myself

Edited by Chilloutman

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Yeah, would do if I know there would not be another DLC released in next week :) I am completionist I cant help myself

I get where you're coming from.  With this game you may be waiting forever for the "definitive" version, though.  The game is 3 years old and they still keep adding stuff to it periodically, so there's no telling when it will be possible to buy it with absolutely everything. 

Edit:  Also, I was wrong, there are currently 9 major DLCs.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I pick up Paradox products in bulk at 75% off during those Steam sales.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

I get where you're coming from.  With this game you may be waiting forever for the "definitive" version, though.  The game is 3 years old and they still keep adding stuff to it periodically, so there's no telling when it will be possible to buy it with absolutely everything. 

Edit:  Also, I was wrong, there are currently 9 major DLCs.

I think there is 'complete' edition of first CK so I can still hope so, maybe once they get out CK3? :)

Is Omerta worth $7.50 with the DLC and expansion? I played the demo and I thought it was bad but maybe it has improved?

I think it's still terrible. I own it, I think I got it free somehow (at least I HOPE I didn't pay for it...)

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Is Omerta worth $7.50 with the DLC and expansion? I played the demo and I thought it was bad but maybe it has improved?

I think it's still terrible. I own it, I think I got it free somehow (at least I HOPE I didn't pay for it...)

Thanks

Free games updated 3/4/21

If you're looking for something similar but not different you might want to readup on a game called Gangsters: Organized Crime.

Scooped up Pier Solar during the Double Insomnia Sale for under $5.  I'm down for a 16-bit style jRPG and worst case scenario is that I'm out 2 cups of coffee.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Scooped up Quest For Infamy during the Insomnia Sale for $4.  If I finish Pier Solar before PoE comes out, then I have something to play until then.  If not, then I have something to play afterward.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Funny how slow this sale was compared to the first ones. Seemed that just about every title went Jack Keane speed.

Personally I'd far prefer that type of sale if they had a wallet system or escrow system, multiple small value purchases with transaction fees and currency conversion fees (hooray for stratospheric Aussie regional prices and no NZD currency option) are great- if you're a bank.

• 2 weeks later...

More Lucasarts titles released and on sale.

Edited by Nonek

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Yeah, my credit card is itching like hell right now... especially because of The Dig... This one was impossible to get in Slovakia, when it was released. Not sold here, not even on black market  O.o

EDIT: Same with Zak McKracken, but that is little bit dated for my tastes :(

Decision Decision...

Edited by Mamoulian War

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

I'll get The Dig eventually, probably.  I've never played that.  Still waiting for Curse of Monkey Island...

/taps foot

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Play The Dig while you wait. I still loathe that reactor puzzle and the moon one.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

• 3 weeks later...

Kinda strange they didn't do another group of them. They still have a couple of more Monkey Islands, Full Throttle, the older Indiana Jones ones, more Star Wars games and possibly Maniac Mansion 1 - unless DF has access to the rights for that as well as DOTT.

But who's keeping track?

You see, ever since the whole Doritos Locos Tacos thing, Taco Bell thinks they can do whatever they want.

I think they're at- or near- the end of their initial deal with Disney which was for 20 odd games. They may well have to negotiate each release individually from now on.

Was Afterlife the 1000th release on GOG or was it one of the others? I'd laugh if it was actually Twitcher3's season pass.

I think they're at- or near- the end of their initial deal with Disney which was for 20 odd games. They may well have to negotiate each release individually from now on.

Was Afterlife the 1000th release on GOG or was it one of the others? I'd laugh if it was actually Twitcher3's season pass.

It was Witcher 3 Expansion Pass :p

Edited by Mamoulian War

So I got 80% off voucher for

Blackguards
Heretic Kingdoms
Trine Enchanted Edition
Trine 2
Sir, You Are Being Hunted
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky
Two Worlds 2

Well, as a well funded community with well funded and exceptional taste, will you give me an advice, which of these games is most worthy for spending the voucher? :)

Edited by Mamoulian War

Blackguards, probably. It's probably best for an rpg fan, and would give best value for an 80% off voucher.

(Also the later Heretic Kingdom game has a part 2 'coming' (supposedly still), but be aware that its publisher has gone belly up which may complicate things if you're looking at it)

• Like 1

gog gave me like 10 classic games for free.. and 10 more crappy ones.. its still a better customer service than steam will ever be

"There once was a loon that twitter

Before he went down the ****ter

In its demise he wasn't missed

Because there were bugs to be fixed."

~ Kaine