Good Old Games

Gorth

Just received a Gog newsletter: http://www.gog.com/newsletter/4_0-start-newsletter_20140827

Apparently they now also do DRM free movies.

They are also removing a bunch of games from their catalog and I'm not quite sure why (gossip more than welcome ;)). Among the victims are Jack Keane, Gothic 2&3, Penumbra, Amnesia: The Dark Descent, Spellforce (looks like all of them), Desperados,...

The Nordic games will probably be back at some stage. Stated reason was that they couldn't agree on pricing but supposedly it is not directly due to GOG's pricing policy itself but due to incompatibilities with a contract they [Nordic, to clarify] have signed with a 3rd party meaning they literally could not reach agreement on prices even if both wanted to. But both parties seemingly at least do want those games back.

Edited by Zoraptor

Everything went from $ to €. No me gusta. 

Currently prices are bit lower in euros than what they are in dollars.

4.49/5.99 = 0.74958 and  7.49/9.99 = 0,74975, where current exchange rate for euros with dollars is 0.7590.

all my prices are in Rubles now... ffs, GOG, I don't live in Russia  :banghead:

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

We will all be living in Russia soon, GOG is just preparing for Putin's imminent conquest of the globe.

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Gamers do not care about movies.  Microsoft has learned the lesson from Xbox One.  GOG will have to learn the lesson as well.

GOG has been losing publishers and titles, and has not added any major publisher since... forever.  I regret having spent so much money on GOG; should have bought most of my games from Steam instead.

Edited by ktchong

We will all be living in Russia soon, GOG is just preparing for Putin's imminent conquest of the globe.

That won't happen before China inevitably consumes the entire planet through the means of globalization and overpopulation.

Still, we all gun' be speakin' communese soon, yo.

Edited by TheChris92

Gamers do not care about movies.

Speak for yourself -- I'm a movie buff and in some ways care more about cinema than that of gaming -- I don't distinctively care about having cable TV or streaming services be the integral part of gaming though, mind you.

Yeah.. umm... new release on GOG: Hatoful Boyfriend.

Description:

About: Congratulations! You’ve been accepted as the only human student at the prestigious St. PigeoNation’s Institute, a school for talented birds! Roam the halls and find love in between classes as a sophomore student at the world’s greatest pigeon high school. Finding happiness won’t be easy, but it’s not all academic - there’s always time for a little romance in this delightful remake of Hato Moa’s popular visual novel / avian dating sim Hatoful Boyfriend!

Ehm.. did I slip into a coma and wake up on april fools day?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

http://www.gog.com/forum/general/spoiler_alert_so_i_dug_into_the_countdown_thingy/page1

So LucasArts on GOG, maybe...(or perhaps they are screwing with people). But a new publisher soon.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

http://www.gog.com/forum/general/spoiler_alert_so_i_dug_into_the_countdown_thingy/page1

So LucasArts on GOG, maybe...(or perhaps they are screwing with people). But a new publisher soon.

Lucasarts is all I've wanted from GOG for a while. Still haven't played Monkey Island 3 or quite a few of the other classics.
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."