Like the idea of the setting, but a little let down that an RPG based around a team of *investigators* ends up being apparently pretty heavily combat based rather than be more investigative and adventure-like. Happy to throw the minimum coin at it regardless.

Edited by Humanoid
  • Like 4

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Like the idea of the setting, but a little let down that an RPG based around a team of *investigators* ends up being apparently pretty heavily combat based rather than be more investigative and adventure-like. 

Agreed, which is why I am so happy to have Tex Murphy back in my life, since in those games you get to play a detective and do detective work, rather than playing a super soldier who also happens to do some detective work occasionally.  Still, it looks kind of interesting and the big band soundtrack put a big ol' smile on my face (as well as making me want to listen to some big band).

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Hover - Revolt of Gamers: it's a Open world futuristic freerun / parkour game which looks absolutely fantastic.

Great googly moogly, why was I not notified of this earlier?  The illegitimate love child of Mirror's Edge and Jet Set Radio?  Yes, please.  Give it to me.  Inject it into my veins!

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Like the idea of the setting, but a little let down that an RPG based around a team of *investigators* ends up being apparently pretty heavily combat based rather than be more investigative and adventure-like. Happy to throw the minimum coin at it regardless.

Yeah, I actually completely agree with you on that.  I'm definitely not looking for more combat heavy action games with light RPG elements.  However, the Witchmarsh developers do mention branching dialogue on their KS and cite Baldur's Gate as an influence, so I'm hoping that the video is showing so much combat only because it makes the video more exciting, or because showing dialogue would be spoilerish...    I sent them a message asking about this.  I love the idea for the setting / concept but if it's going to be 90% fighting I think I'll pass.  

Here's a Let's Play video for Hover: Revolt of Gamers:

Pretty good for a very early alpha.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

You want your descendants to live in a world like StarTrek, Babylon5 or Firefly? Have them travel between the stars and colonize new planets? Then you need to back this project, because if the children of today are not educated in astronomy and space sciences, who would be interested in building Space Ships to leave the earth?

So this is not a game, but a project worth your money: Universe in a Box

Inspiring every child with our wonderful Universe (in a Box)

Children across the globe find space the most interesting topic in school but educators often lack the resources and training to engage kids in this exciting subject. We want to educate schoolchildren around the world in astronomy and space sciences by training teachers and sending them a really cool interactive teaching resource: Universe in a Box!

Universe in a Box is a physical toolbox for teachers and educators that makes teaching astronomy and space sciences to 4-10 year old children effective, engaging and fun.

Pledge now and receive astronomy kits for your classroom. With your pledge we send the boxes to where they're needed most: underprivileged schools around the world, building a global network of education communities.

Aww yeah, after a few delays, Shovel Knight has a release date, and it's this month, June 26th!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/yachtclubgames/shovel-knight/posts/867693

Box art:

8a4e3f5c9a4162bb9b31a9f51ae915ef_large.p

8844dd4aad7395657dfd314900f9e4d0_large.p

Who has two thumbs and is ready to dispense shovel justice?  This guy!

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

I love the fact that Polar Knight wields a snow shovel.  Little details like that just make my heart go aflutter.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Remember InSomnia, the Fallout-esque MMO that failed to get funded?

The developer is trying their hand at another launch, but have clarified that the game is actually Diablo-style single/co-op rather than MMO.

I like the sound of the setting, beyond that I'm not so sure. I mean, the amount of reactivity they want to pull off sounds a bit over ambitious. I also generally don't like these things having PvP elements, I feel that generally balancing things around PvP tends to ruin diversity.

Not really unexpected and well... there should be enough RPGs released to tide me over until TToN's release (unless they all get pushed to next year, of course...)

Edited by marelooke

I remember, I'm so backing this

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

Looks like some former S.T.A.L.K.E.R. devs are about to launch a Kickstarter for a game called Areal.  Their official site doesn't have much info yet, apart from some concept art.

As someone who holds the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games in the highest of regards, I'll obviously be following this closely.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

You're going to give money to eastern-slavs who would rather run off with your money and would never have to work a single day of their lives? Please. Good luck to you. And I'm not even talking about the fact that this particular company is made up of eastern slav nazis (however ridiculous this might sound).

Man, if ever I was serious about something - this is it: if you care about human rights at all, you will not sponsor them.

Edited by Bester
IE Mod for Pillars of Eternity: link

Looks like some former S.T.A.L.K.E.R. devs are about to launch a Kickstarter for a game called Areal.  Their official site doesn't have much info yet, apart from some concept art.

As someone who holds the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games in the highest of regards, I'll obviously be following this closely.

Don't Trust Areal.

Seems the Vostok forum thread has been deleted. Either way even ignoring those claims, their budget and team is way too small to create a decent S.T.A.L.K.E.R. successor so I'm just going to sit back and watch how this will play out.

EDIT: also found link but all the source links are dead too. Smells fishy to say the least.

Edited by marelooke