Only a few days left for Serpent in the Staglands.  Looks like a promising cRPG.  I hope they will at least reach their $25K expansion stretch goal.  

Some news

http://kotaku.com/its-another-baldurs-gate-basically-a-pixelly-baldurs-1566974915

And it looks awesome :D

Huzzah!  It just hit its final day.  Shame the Kotaku article wasn't three weeks earlier.  They got to the first expansion stretchgoal, but it is extremely unlikely they'll get to the next.  Oh well, here's hoping for long shots.  Here's a bug person from the game.

84ba1145e9acf0d91484e1ef5ce20ae7_large.g

Edited by anameforobsidian
  • Like 1

I would've thought that Original Sin would be the opening gambit of that scheme.

Well, I've been trying to get her to expand beyond just platformers (she loves the Trines and Toki-Toris) and games that are playable with a controller (this is proving rather challenging, while I prefer to play games from the comfort of my desk she prefers to play games from the comfort of the couch...).

I'm also slightly worried about the lack of action in D:OS once you reach the first city early on since she got kinda bored already with all the text early in Jade Empire...

I'm also slightly worried about the lack of action in D:OS once you reach the first city early on since she got kinda bored already with all the text early in Jade Empire...

Hmm, youre the second person to mention this. I think it was Hassat Hunter that mentioned being ~16 hours in and there being little to no combat. Bummer.

Hmm, youre the second person to mention this. I think it was Hassat Hunter that mentioned being ~16 hours in and there being little to no combat. Bummer.

Well, they added a (hidden) dungeon under the starting town (shown in the video in the last update), so it might not be *that* bad anymore. And given the interactivity of the environment it might turn out better than I imagine, still very excited for the release of this game :)

Release date for Divinity: Original Sin is pegged as June 20, 2014.  8)

I love the music on that small in game clip!

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

Little combat you say - auto win for me!

The original Divine Divnity was just a Diablo clone with more interactivity so I never looked into the series further.

Did you KS ToN? Its exactly the multi-hour navel gazing that made me sprint in the opposite direction of that game.

Ive never played any of the Divinity games, so Im not sure what I was expecting, but I was hoping for a game in the vein of BGII (high fantasy, good combat).

Did you KS ToN? Its exactly the multi-hour navel gazing that made me sprint in the opposite direction of that game.

Ive never played any of the Divinity games, so Im not sure what I was expecting, but I was hoping for a game in the vein of BGII (high fantasy, good combat).

ToN?

Tides of Numenera, I expect.

Blah, I keep typing Numenara. I've almost completely forgotten about the game at any rate since all the focus is justifiably on Wasteland. Heck, completely forgot I had the PnP rulebook from the backer tier, I saw it lying on my shelf the other day and took a while to recall where that thing came from.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

ToN?

Tides of Numenera, I expect.

Yeah, supposedly, the vast majority or all of the combat will be avoidable in Torment: Tides of Numenera and the devs have said there will be no filler battles whatsoever.  That's music to my ears (whether they actually manage to meet those goals and implement them well remains to be seen).  I know a lot of people consider filler battles and trash mobs a "necessary evil" and "integral to RPGs" but I, personally, think that's a bunch of horse****.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Ah, well I didn't KS ToN, or anything for that matter. I pay for the finished product, if its any good....

Regarding combat and ToN, it will all depend on the story. If its good, no one will care that there is little combat, like with PST. If not, well, that's not going to be so good then.

I'm not against combat in RPGs but I like them to be integral to the the plot, not thrown in to pad game length. Trash mobs bore me and are an obstacle to exploration and immersion. Everything in moderation, in other words.

I would've thought that Original Sin would be the opening gambit of that scheme.

Well, I've been trying to get her to expand beyond just platformers (she loves the Trines and Toki-Toris) and games that are playable with a controller (this is proving rather challenging, while I prefer to play games from the comfort of my desk she prefers to play games from the comfort of the couch...).

If someone is bored with reading text then I have to question whether they are capable of getting into RPGs... but perhaps it would be better to start her off with the AAA Action RPGs where almost everything is voice-acted: (e.g., Dragon Age, Mass Effect, The Witcher 2, etc.).  

Regarding D:OS, apparently you can kill every single NPC,  and while that's probably not the smartest approach (will make some quests difficult to complete).  Much combat is presumably optional as you can avoid it by being charismatic / intimidating, so it seems like you can at least partially determine how much combat is in the game....  Although D: OS was never intended to be a combat heavy action RPG; there are plenty of other games out there like that.  And personally I'm sick to death of RPGs which are 90% combat.  

That looks nice

and strangely similar to Planetary Annihilation

Edited by Drowsy Emperor

Guest Slinky

Outcast Reboot HD has six days to go and haven't got even half the sum they need. And looking at the video they released it could really use the 950k strech goal for the improved graphics.

Looks like I won't be playing Outcast after all  :down:

Edited by Slinky

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/arrowstorm/mythica-a-quest-for-heroes-starring-kevin-sorbo

Mythica, new movie from Arrowstorm, makers of Shadow Cabal and Orc Wars. I backed Shadow Cabal and it was surprisingly good. This one has the added star power of Kevin Sorbo. They've already shot the entire trilogy and are looking for money for effects work for the first film.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/arrowstorm/mythica-a-quest-for-heroes-starring-kevin-sorbo

Mythica, new movie from Arrowstorm, makers of Shadow Cabal and Orc Wars. I backed Shadow Cabal and it was surprisingly good. This one has the added star power of Kevin Sorbo. They've already shot the entire trilogy and are looking for money for effects work for the first film.

The one true Hercules himself.

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks