I just hated the mountain scaling with the Mako. Other than that, it was the part I missed the most in the other 2 games. That's also why I really loved Overlord for bringing something like that back.

• Like 1

You see, ever since the whole Doritos Locos Tacos thing, Taco Bell thinks they can do whatever they want.

I just hated the mountain scaling with the Mako. Other than that, it was the part I missed the most in the other 2 games. That's also why I really loved Overlord for bringing something like that back.

Yep, mako good, mountain scaling bad. Thought the overlord way of doing it was a lot worse, though. (Mostly due to the way you couldn't just exit the Hammerhead when you wanted etc.)

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Kodama.  It's the vegetable-looking tree spirit physics-based puzzle platformer set in Japan you've always wanted!

Wait, our hero is a fully deployed alien egg sack?

I was going to go with discolored eggplant, but that works too.

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

StarCrawlers Campaign ended some hours ago with little bit over $100,000. Now the game will feature 8 classes. The team of Juggernaut Games will be present at GDC next week. 

And 5 Lives Team has released a " first very-early-pre-alpha-nothing-is-finished sneak-peak at  Satellite Reign"

I REALLY need to get this one slacker-backed. I just can't make my mind up on the tier!

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Chaos Reborn - A semi-sequel/reimagining/reboot/re<whatever> of the classic strategy game Chaos by the game's original creator, Julian Gollop, who, oh by the way, also created a game called X-COM, you may have heard of it.  

• Like 3

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Epoch: Return

World exploration game where you are locating wrecked ships and salvaging material to repair your own crashed ship

Still early in development; the sky, clouds, and HUD look nice while the ground reminds me of driving up straight cliffs in the original Mass Effect.

Epoch: Return got canceled :(

Chaos Reborn - A semi-sequel/reimagining/reboot/re<whatever> of the classic strategy game Chaos by the game's original creator, Julian Gollop, who, oh by the way, also created a game called X-COM, you may have heard of it.  

Gollop is is one of those guys that deserves my pledge just because he had such a huge impact on my gaming life.  I've already pledged most of the Sierra people for the same reason.

I think the only other guy I would just throw money at regardless of the idea is Ian Curry.

A beta release for the new Tex Murphy game will be available shortly. While that's news, I find it more interesting (since I don't have access to it anyway) that the beta will be handled by GOG, unlike every other beta that's come before. I didn't know that was even a possible thing.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Automatic pledge right here.

I really enjoyed the dual interview where Jake Solomon (designer of modern XCOM) first met Gollop and completely nerded out.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

I'm really saddened that Chaos Reborn has gotten so little funding so far.  This project will most likely make its goal, but it should have already done so and then some.  This is Julian Freakin' Gollop we're talking about here, the man is a legend.  Between him and Sid Meier, those two pretty much defined the turn-based strategy genre.  This project should be getting a lot more attention and people should be throwing their money hand over fist at him. 

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

I'm really saddened that Chaos Reborn has gotten so little funding so far.  This project will most likely make its goal, but it should have already done so and then some.  This is Julian Freakin' Gollop we're talking about here, the man is a legend.  Between him and Sid Meier, those two pretty much defined the turn-based strategy genre.  This project should be getting a lot more attention and people should be throwing their money hand over fist at him. 

The game itself is kind of uninteresting.

• Like 1

I also backed it but I do agree that the game doesn't really seem that interesting

Free games updated 3/4/21

GDC Mighty No. 9 Alpha Gameplay Footage

Holy smokes that looks like the good ol' blue bomber.  :biggrin:

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

I also backed it but I do agree that the game doesn't really seem that interesting

Chaos was boardgamey without any kind a narrative. It was a fun game but it's probably like trying to advertise chess.