Wonder why they didn't reach out to the people with sheep like following earlier!

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Well, here's hoping they manage the money better :p

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/bischoff/stasis-2d-isometric-scifi-horror-adventure-game?ref=live#

Guys take a look at this and support this KS.

The developer is a South African who actually still lives in South Africa (my home town to be exact) so I admit to being biased :biggrin: . But the real reason to support this KS is if you believe in the concept, and it does look good :)

I am going to contact him on a private capacity and introduce myself. I am excited about this home grown project :dancing:  

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Say hello from me, Bruce! :)

I'd like to plug a bit for this recent KS-project:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/longmier/cat-launch-a-water-propelled-satellite-into-deep-s/?ref=kicktraq

CAT: Launch a Water-Propelled Satellite into Deep Space

Join the first crowdsourced mission to explore a destination of your choice in the far reaches of space.

The Big Idea: Inexpensive CubeSat Propulsion 

Our vision is to enable extremely low-cost access to deep space. We are developing the CubeSat Ambipolar Thruster (CAT), a new rocket propulsion system powered by the Sun and propelled by water, which will push small spacecraft like CubeSats around and far beyond the Earth. New propulsion technologies can cost billions of dollars and take a decade to build and launch. CAT will be one of least expensive and most rapidly developed deep-space-capable systems ever built.

Why CAT Matters: The Future of Space Exploration 

Space exploration has traditionally been expensive, many spacecraft launched today are the size of a truck and can cost over $1 billion dollars. CAT will be tested on a CubeSat, a small satellite the size of a loaf of bread. CubeSats cost 1,000 to 10,000 times less to develop and launch than conventional satellites. As scientific and commercial space technologies get exponentially smaller, it becomes easier (and less expensive) to place small but powerful sensors on a CubeSat platform. The CAT engine can propel this miniaturized equipment to exciting new locations previously unreachable at such a low price.

Hey, you get the chance to send a message out into space as well. The possibilities are endless... "Kilroy was here." "Jimmy Hoffa, come home!"

• Like 1

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

And it's finally made its goal! 3rd times a charm!

(Bloom)

Just the second try, IIRC...

The first time they tried to raise $150K. That was a year ago. It had a few pieces of artwork, 2 very early concept screenshots and no traction and only raised $6,571.

Then they put some more work into it and had the much better second attempt with a much smaller goal.

And now it's their 3rd go around.

Edited by babaganoosh13

You see, ever since the whole Doritos Locos Tacos thing, Taco Bell thinks they can do whatever they want.

Maybe Deathfire can make a second go of it and succeed?  It's looking increasingly like it will fall well short (41% with 4 days to go).  I guess it could still get a big push and make it, but it looks rather unlikely.  I feel the initial pitch really hurt the campaign as it made it sound like just a dungeon crawler. Maybe in a few months' time, with some more in-game footage to show and a better, clearer pitch, it can succeed on a second attempt?

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I doubt it would be enough on its own - the guys at Torment did and it brought a nice push, but nothing near 150K or so. Still, it wouldn't hurt. But what it really would need would be more media attention from some high profile internet opinion leaders.

And I seriously hope they'd do a second attempt in a few months' time if they fall short this time. It has too many elements that sound good to just let it go to waste.

Citizen of a country with a racist, hypocritical majority

Maybe Deathfire can make a second go of it and succeed?  It's looking increasingly like it will fall well short (41% with 4 days to go).  I guess it could still get a big push and make it, but it looks rather unlikely.  I feel the initial pitch really hurt the campaign as it made it sound like just a dungeon crawler. Maybe in a few months' time, with some more in-game footage to show and a better, clearer pitch, it can succeed on a second attempt?

IMO the timing is poor with the holidays as well - I think most people will spread their money a bit more cautiously right now.  If they retried sometime in February or May and maybe with a revised pitch I'm sure they'd do better.

Edited by Amentep

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Was did already posted or not? Found it today mentioned on Project Eternity announcements...

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/bischoff/stasis-2d-isometric-scifi-horror-adventure-game?ref=live

STASIS

40 hours to go at this moment.

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Just got an email from Logic Artists that my physical rewards have shipped from Copenhagen.

I don't even remember being entitled the physical rewards, but the tracking ID definitely showed something weighing more than half a Kg being shipped :blush:

Maybe I should go back the the kickstarter page and see what my $$$ entitled me to :)

...and I picked up my parcel on my way to work today. Nice :)

Large poster on quality paper, t-shirt and a little "diploma/certificate" type document complete with a little wax seal/stamp (most likely plastic, I know).

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Just did th maths on how much I have spend on Kickstarter...

Ouch

I will not visit that site again.

Or buy anything else for a while.

2014 will be my year of austerity.

I believe that statement like I believe the moon is hollow and full of lizard people.  :p

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Just did th maths on how much I have spend on Kickstarter...

Ouch

I will not visit that site again.

Or buy anything else for a while.

2014 will be my year of austerity.

I believe that statement like I believe the moon is hollow and full of lizard people.  :p

Well, yeah. I'll buy Age of Wonders 3. But that will be it. Unless I get a new job (especially if pay is good). Then a Cintiq is on the top of my buy list. :)

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Bloom is in its final stretch. 14 hours to go and less than 5k away from the second stretch goal.

It is already being backed by really cool people such as our very own Indira Lightfoot the Apex of the Obsidian Order and the thaumaturgist Babaganoosh13. If that isn't celebrity endoresement, I don't know what is.

Last chance to be a cornerstone of the Bloomiverse.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

The pre-beta for Peter Brinson's Rehersals & Returns just came out. It is as fantastic as I thought it would be so far.

http://rehearsalsandreturns.peterbrinson.com/ (a new comic comes up every time you load the page.)

I got to tell Yoko One: (Hate 5) You did more harm than good.

Afterwards, there is a feature to tweet a quote you made. Here are my three:

Genghis Khan: "Only the dead have seen the end of the war"

Harry Houdini: "If you don't have time to have done it right, when will you have time to have done it over?"

Johnny Cash: "You were the best."

I really, really wanted the Yoko one, but there was only a few to choose from. Again, pre-beta. The more you did, the more you got to choose from.

The game itself is a simple platformer. You try to grab love/hate quote bubbles. You also automatically get a new wisdom quote regardless if you used a wisdom quote or not. You can walk back and forth. You jump by walking over or landing on bumps. If you fall off the bottom of the screen, you respawn from a character cloud at the top of the screen and fall down from there. Sometimes that is the only way to get a quote bubble. With each quote bubble to get, your jumping ability goes up by 1. You need to get it up high enough to get through a doors at the other end of the room to go to the next level.

Simple, easy, funny, fun.

Edited by babaganoosh13

You see, ever since the whole Doritos Locos Tacos thing, Taco Bell thinks they can do whatever they want.

Has anyone tried the Dungeon-Keeper like War for the Overworld alpha stuff via Steam early access (or KS backer access), yet?

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts