I have a strong feeling The Mandate will either be really simple and shallow or outright failure. I'd love it if they prove me wrong, but there it is.

Hm, ok. I guess I'll gamble some money on it.

Just make sure you have  a look at the information they have there, so it really is something you personally are interested in. I wouldn't trust me, I gave $150 to SRR :p

• Like 1

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

I gave it a glance before and it did seem interesting to me.  Kind of like the 40k RT PnP game was my impression, I decided against the gamble when it looked like the project was really doomed (Not much logic there, but eh)

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Hm, ok. I guess I'll gamble some money on it.

Just make sure you have  a look at the information they have there, so it really is something you personally are interested in. I wouldn't trust me, I gave $150 to SRR :p

I still dream of a Shadowrun game from Obsidian... le sigh

• Like 1

Free games updated 3/4/21

And I dream about Pathfinder game from Obsidian, but unfortunately our dreams will very unlikely come true :(

• Like 2

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

And now for something completly different:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/205899120/dwarven-delve-an-action-dungeon-crawl-with-a-twist

With only 40 hours to go and needing just under $1k, even a $10 contribution will make a huge difference :)

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Just got an email from Logic Artists that my physical rewards have shipped from Copenhagen.

I don't even remember being entitled the physical rewards, but the tracking ID definitely showed something weighing more than half a Kg being shipped :blush:

Maybe I should go back the the kickstarter page and see what my $$$ entitled me to :)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I just found this one with merely 24 h to go - Xulima:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1446315704/lords-of-xulima-an-epic-story-of-gods-and-humans

It's a party-based and turn-based CRPG in 2D, and with the stretch goals, it now has almost 70 h of gameplay and counting.

Give it a whirl, if only just to support CRPGs that are vast in scale and exploration.

They have nearly 300 % of their pledge goal, so it's going well for them. The game will be out in about Feb 2014.

Edited by IndiraLightfoot

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

samm: I know, that is absolutely terrible! I really hope that is a mistake or something, but it has happened before. Let's hope it won't happen to Lords of Xulima, which asks for much less.

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

The Mandate will actually hold a court martial for the 10.000 scammer:

As some of you may be aware, there was a bit of drama with our $10.000 backer pulling out when we were just $5.000 shy of the 500.000 goal. This was only a minor setback and we quickly recovered but this kind of scam could have been a major blow to a smaller campaign.

So how do we chose to respond to this? Do we ignore it? NOOOO WAY! After getting some input from the most active backers in the comments field over on Kickstarter, we have decided to run a little community activity:

There is no precedence for trying a Lord High Admiral [which is the $10,000 pledge rank] on a court martial and since all members of a court martial must have equal or higher rank than the accused, well, there is only one Lord High Admiral so...

•     Instead the accused will be tried by a grand jury of his peers [for the sake of story we assume this event takes place before all of you were disgraced after your own court martial ;) ]
  •     Our lead writer will act as Judge Advocate General of the Grand Fleet and draft the charges, basically violations of the Articles of War
  •     You, as captains of the fleet, will decide whether the charges are true or false
  •     You, as captains of the fleet, will perform sentencing (by popular vote)

We hope this can turn something negative into a fun little community event. The court martial will be in session most likely in early to mid December.

Damn, so the tactics, party-interaction, lots of stats and being an RPG hasn't saved Deathfire from being a victim of a $10'000 backer scam. Has to suck for them.

What happened? The updates don't mention a scam.

Stopped following it for a while, what caused the big push ? Last I checked they were 30% off with about 20 days or so.

Among other things, they were mentioned in inXile's update to Torment backers. This is what convinced me to back them and I suspect quite a few others -- including Paypal, Torment had more than 75K backers (i.e. people willing to give money to an RPG on Kickstarter). 

It's no scam. The guy probably decided since the game had done so well, it didn't need his 10k to be made.

I've seen this done several times and it's hard to guess the motive. It could be somebody who, as you say, was genuinely willing to give the $10K if it was needed and withdrew it once it became clear that the project would succeed without it (though this interpretation is not viable for Deathfire which doesn't look good right now). It could also be somebody who was genuinely going to give the $10K, but changed his or her mind -- the long timeframe of Kickstarters allows for a lot time for buyer's remorse to kick in. On the other hand, it could also be somebody who doesn't actually have $10K to spare. It could be that such a person is trying to help the game by misrepresenting the amount of support it has or, it could be a simple troll who doesn't care about anything other than the attention such a stunt gets. It's impossible to say without more information.

It's no scam. The guy probably decided since the game had done so well, it didn't need his 10k to be made.

Sorry but if you are right that kind of thinking and behaviour is disingenuous and is unacceptable for a system like KS. It should be unequivocally condemned :bat:

If a person bothers to understand how the structure of KS works they would know that it is this kind of action that can effectively destroy the hopes of thousands of fans and lead to huge disappointment for the developers or creators of the particular KS. This is not a game for some people but there livelihood and aspirations.

Also I'm not talking about changing a relatively small pledge like $100 but a person who commits $10 k knows if they can afford and is serious about it. You can't change a pledge of that much unless you weren't serious about it in the first place

• Like 3

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Updates on two solid Kickstarters ending in the next 24 hours:

Paradise Lost: First Contact

Retro-art 2d-platformer with heavy inspiration from Mark of the Ninja and a vibe somewhere between Alien and ET

Funded and has met its first three stretch goals: Localization, achievements, and a bonus chapter; another 17k will see improvements to the graphics

The Mandate

Space opera on a grand scale but with an X-Com approach to building your crew/fleet and a distinct Tsarists-in-space appeal

Funded and has met its first stretch goal: Away missions; another 65k will see starbase boarding operations

Update on longer-term projects:

Stasis

2D isometric horror sci-fi adventure - no need to try and explain, he did it perfectly already

About 7k short of its 100k goal and should handily reach its first two stretch goals in the remaining week

Bloom: Memories

An action-adventure RPG in a world torn between the mechanical and natural with a mother and her child at the center of the conflict

About 3k short of its 40k goal with 9 days left - their first stretch goal at 50k is a very reasonable localization to Russian, German, and another language