Old thread here.

Novus AEterno: A true AAA MMORTS

My friend is working in this project, so please consider backing it! :p

You won't believe this, but there's another Kickstarter for a point & click adventure game.  It's crazy, I know.  Here I was thinking to myself "if only there were more kickstarter campaigns for point & click adventure games", and bam, one just pops up.  Anyway, it's all rather British and stuff and is about exploring the galaxy to expand the British Empire.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236117571/her-majestys-spiffing

If nothing else, the pitch video is pretty well done.

Fortune favors the bald.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/22285033/mansion-lord-a-murder-mystery-rpg-business-sim

Mansion Lord combines a murder mystery business sim with tile-based world building and turn-based RPG combat. Build your mansion tile-by-tile, invite unscrupulous aristocrats to dinner, and, with the aid of your hired detectives, capture them for bounties after they slay the other guests. You can level up your detectives, equip them with hundreds of different weapons and accessories, and teach them a variety of skills. All in the name of profit!

I dunno if it'll be any good (they say they're industry vets but don't list what games they worked on before coming together for this company) but the idea is pretty darn intriguing.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAKBafR3YTM

On of the quotes says the game has great writing. Then a crewmate ries to dissuade a pirate(?) by teling him it's Christmas... Come ooon.

We don't have much context from that video though, it sounded like the kind of cheesy one-liner you'd find in a tv show like Star Trek to me which may fit the game perfectly. 

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/22285033/mansion-lord-a-murder-mystery-rpg-business-sim

Mansion Lord combines a murder mystery business sim with tile-based world building and turn-based RPG combat. Build your mansion tile-by-tile, invite unscrupulous aristocrats to dinner, and, with the aid of your hired detectives, capture them for bounties after they slay the other guests. You can level up your detectives, equip them with hundreds of different weapons and accessories, and teach them a variety of skills. All in the name of profit!

I dunno if it'll be any good (they say they're industry vets but don't list what games they worked on before coming together for this company) but the idea is pretty darn intriguing.

It does look interesting and since they just announced DRM free I went ahead and backed it

The Mandate and Deathfire:SomethingSomething both got a plug from inXile in the latest Torment update so hopefully that gives them the boost they need

Free games updated 3/4/21

The Mandate also got an article on Kotaku. Last 2 days have doubled their previous best day pretty much.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Guys please include links when you post comments so those of us interested can do further reading about a particular KS :)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Guys please include links when you post comments so those of us interested can do further reading about a particular KS :)

What are you interested in? :)

My comment is more general, I know I can go search for the particular KS project or browse a certain gaming website  but for example the article on Kotaku around Mandate and then those screenshots from Dreamfall there were no links for easy reference.

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Dreamfall and Consortium have already been funded. They are old kickstarters and I guess they may have been better suited for the Random News Thread.

the Mandate could use your money though:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1964463742/the-mandate

edit: remember to play the Text Adventure for the mandate:

http://www.mandategame.com/scourge

edit2: requires UNITY

Edited by melkathi
  • Like 1

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

And The Mandate made its goal.

Melk I contributed towards this game after your endorsement. I'm probably the reason they made there goal, what do want to give me because I supported you?

:dancing:

John Milton 

Melk I contributed towards this game after your endorsement. I'm probably the reason they made there goal, what do want to give me because I supported you?

:dancing:

Hmmm....

How about I won't force you to read the first three chapters of my failed NaNoWriMo attempt ?  :)

• Like 1

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Stopped following it for a while, what caused the big push ? Last I checked they were 30% off with about 20 days or so. 

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Now that they don't need my money, I guess I'll give them money. Okay, it's more that the campaign has gone on so long it's had the reverse effect of making it easy to forget about.

Was going to go minimum, but eh, for once the rungs just above are actually attractive (as opposed to just being an extra PDF or MP3 or whatnot).

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Stopped following it for a while, what caused the big push ? Last I checked they were 30% off with about 20 days or so. 

As Trash mentioned, AngryJoe, TotalBiscuit etc decided to give it a mention so more people checked it out. I also want to believe though that the devs' persistance and amount of goodies they put out, as well as their active presence in the comments helped to ensure that these people who became aware of the project then actually backed it.

And talking about active project. New devblog:

• Like 1

Hm, ok. I guess I'll gamble some money on it.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra