Rosbjerg

Fine.

It was rather annoying though as I had been mostly in bed for the past 20 hours with the flu. When I woke up at around 4AM there was nothing to do. Steam being online would have allowed me to try to bother friends fom other time zones a bit more effectively ;)

Get well soon :)

• Like 1

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

The Activision Sale had everything I needed: Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines, Gun and most importantly Space Quest Collection. Coincidentally, Return to Castle Wolfenstein also went on sale on the same day which made me a much happier person. 

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Captain Morgane and the Golden Turtle is in the current sale. For some reason that title rang a bell but I can't recall why. Seems to have quite some negative comments. What do you guys think, is it any good?

I already grabbed the three Grotesque Tactics games, a bit of parody sounded like fun.

Edited by marelooke

I emptied my trading card inventory... I never knew you could actually make money of this useless crap. I nearly made enough to afford one of those crappy indies in under a minute.

• Like 1

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

I emptied my trading card inventory... I never knew you could actually make money of this useless crap. I nearly made enough to afford one of those crappy indies in under a minute.

You should have seen it when cards just came out.

Foils west for $100.

• Like 1

It was pretty insane, I sold a few for 5-6$, which was stupid enough in my opinion :)

Freespace is on Steam now, a great game - Freespace 2 is currently not though (but available through GOG.com)

If you have FS2 and haven't played it in a while I recommend coming back and checking out the modding scene.

Diaspora was released a few years ago and it's awesome

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOb5d-pa51Q

• Like 1

Fortune favors the bald.

Just curious if any 4X geeks out there has played this one The Last Federation

If so, I would love to hear some opinions on it.

Nothing has really, truly managed to fill the void that Moo2 left behind (thank goodness for dosbox).

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Spec Ops : The Line is $8 on Steam at the moment. I'm going to buy it :dancing:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I've thought about getting this before.  I'm generally not that much into shooters (not named S.T.A.L.K.E.R.), though I do enjoy them once in a while, and I like that this game supposedly makes you face the gruesome consequences of your actions, rather than being the standard Murica, **** yeah! *brofist* *chest bump* fare.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I think I've said this here before, but I honestly think it kinda...sucked. Some of the most hamfisted "story"telling I've seen in quite a while, with the game forcing you to do stupid things - things you know that are stupid even before you do them - just so it can try and make you feel guilty for doing those things it made you do. Every time you ever do anything, the stupid three characters whine and complain about what "they" did, and then continue to do the same sort of stuff and then complain some more. Pretty bland shooting mechanics to boot, too. If the forced anti-America/anti-war circlejerk is enough to make you want to play it...well, you're welcome to it, but if you're going to have that sort of thing, it could've and should've been done way better, IMO. I would've preferred some more genuine horrors of war than the silliness it generally showed.

P.S. It didn't help that Mass Effect has made me dislike third person shooters in general. :p

P.P.S: The most powerful moment in that game, for me, was not when the characters were doing their..."self-reflecting" bit about some horrible stuff they did, but when we were in the middle of fighting a bunch of generic Arabic guerrilla fighter types, and I was actually playing, when some normal Arabic dude came running down a hallway and I just gunned him down on instinct, and realized even as I was doing it that it was just a regular guy, but couldn't stop it now. Nothing's ever mentioned about it later, and there's no penalty of any sort for doing it. It was what it was, and I think that the realization that you come to completely on your own was a much more powerful thing than any of the other crap the game did.

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

I've thought about getting this before.  I'm generally not that much into shooters (not named S.T.A.L.K.E.R.), though I do enjoy them once in a while, and I like that this game supposedly makes you face the gruesome consequences of your actions, rather than being the standard Murica, **** yeah! *brofist* *chest bump* fare.

I have heard the same thing around the consequences. Most people say its a good game and its the first time I've seen it on this type of special price

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Spec Ops: The Line tells a decent story, although it is pretty heavy handed.  It's worth a play through because at least it is very different than all the other shooters out there.  Plus the desert and the sandstorms are pretty amazing to watch. 

• Like 1

Does that mean I can use it for free till monday or I can *get it* for free until monday (and then keep it)?

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

You keep it forever*.

* Until Valve goes bust.

EDIT: The other clue is on the front page of Steam: Arma3 is labelled "free weekend" while Arma:CWA is labelled "free game".

Edited by Humanoid

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Tried out Steam's "In-Home Streaming" today. Seems to work pretty well, though it seems to depend a bit on the game you're playing. S.T.A.L.K.E.R. was playable, but had minor input lag. Not too bad, but it was noticeable, and S.T.A.L.K.E.R. is a game where any amount of input lag is very bad. Still, like I said, not too bad - I was able to pick up my previous save in the middle of the Red Forest and make my way to Lab X19. Counter-Strike worked perfectly. Hitman 2: Silent Assassin didn't really work at all - massive input lag, and video glitches that weren't displaying on my desktop that were displaying on the streamed-to computer. Overall, I think, good stuff for something that's still in beta. Still seems like it needs a little work, though, but that's to be expected. Might also be limited by the crappy video card I'm still using - not entirely sure. I thought that at first for S.T.A.L.K.E.R., but when Hitman 2, a game that's less demanding by several orders of magnitudes, did much worse, and then CSS did perfect, I'm not so sure. :)

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Football Manager 2014 - aka - The game that will take over your life.  Don't buy this, you'll never do anything else again.  Nooooooooo!  Don't do it!  Is on sale at 75% off.  I scooped it up because:

a) Another game to play on my upcoming SteamOS Machine (because it has Linux support)

b) I'm already a hermit and don't have much of a social life anyway

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Guest Slinky

Okay, I like to keep my Steam library clean from games I do not play and know I have no need for them now or in the future, so I have asked Steam support to remove games from my account a few times. Here are my four experiences with that:

1. Asked to delete a few games, including couple games that were a part of bundles. Result: They deleted every game that were part of the particular bundles without any warning. They did restore the games when I asked. Lesson learned: They cannot remove only parts of bundles and firmly believe in "delete first, ask questions later" philosophy.

2. About 8 months later again asked for deletion for a few games, including Deus Ex, Deus Ex Invisible War and Deus Ex Human Revolution. The first two because I have them on GOG and DX HR because I had bought the Directors Cut version and the original was no longer needed. I also remembered that their delete button finger itches so I VERY CLEARLY mentioned that I wish to keep the Directors Cut version, please do not delete that. Result: All games I asked them to be removed was removed, except Deus Ex and Deus Ex Invisible War. I asked those too to be removed. Result: They were removed and so was the Directors Cut version of DX: HR for which I specifically wished to keep. Lesson learned: They either like to **** around with their customers and/or are dumb as hell.

3. 4 months later asked a couple games to be removed: Result: "Please provide the emails you got when you bought the games" Told them I sure haven't saved them, is that a problem? "We unfortunately cannot help". Asked for a reason, none was given. Asked again for a reason and why they had no problem removing games in the past without the emails, again no reason was given. Asked again, they closed the ticket. Lesson learned: They really don't feel like explaining themselves.

4. Made a new ticket right after they closed the last one explaining what happended last time, asking them to remove the same games I asked them the last time, providing a direct quote from Steam Subscriber Agreement which gives the user the right to end their subscription of games when they wish and added a slight threat for not obeying their own legal terms. Result: The games were removed without any problems.

Really, if anyone here wishes to remove games from their steam account, prepare for a one frustrating ride. How I wish there would be a way to remove games from account without having to deal with the support.

Edited by Slinky

I simply made a 'hide me' category, moved all games I don't want to see on my list there, and keep the list closed at all times... problem solved :)

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

I simply made a 'hide me' category, moved all games I don't want to see on my list there, and keep the list closed at all times... problem solved :)

Same here.

Just that I called it Trash :)

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).