Rosbjerg

One day I'm going to buy Alpha Protocol when it's on sale and at least try it for an hour. I have no feelings about the game (eg, it looks good/bad), really ... mostly, I haven't gotten it yet because it just hasn't seemed like the type of gameplay I'd be into. But who knows. One day, one day.

It's on there for 3,75 euro. Which must be less than 3 bucks, right now. 

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

It's on there for 3,75 euro. Which must be less than 3 bucks, right now. 

Actually...

At the current exchange rate that is $5.16. the Euro is stronger than the dollar.

But Steam transaltes dollar prices to euro at a 1 to 1 ratio. So while LadyCrimson would pay $3.75, we are paying more.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

One day I'm going to buy Alpha Protocol when it's on sale and at least try it for an hour. I have no feelings about the game (eg, it looks good/bad), really ... mostly, I haven't gotten it yet because it just hasn't seemed like the type of gameplay I'd be into. But who knows. One day, one day.

And that day was hopefully yesterday. There's also today... or well, the rest of the week.

If you miss *all 7 days* well, I have no hope for you :p

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

I wish TSL was 3,5 euro. Would be a trip down memory lane playing your mod.

I got it for 2.50 euro shortly after it got released. During the last winter sale it only got down to 5 euro though.

Still, not a lot of money, considering I happily shelled 50 euro for it back in 2005 and don't regret that at all.

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

And that day was hopefully yesterday. There's also today... or well, the rest of the week.

If you miss *all 7 days* well, I have no hope for you :p

:lol:

Yeah, I knew it was on sale when I wrote that. I almost went for it but eh ... I sort of have a policy at the moment that I won't buy games, no matter how cheap, unless I plan to play them now. And at the moment Banished has all my attention for a while. Hence the "...one day..."

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Same. Just started Skyrim 2 weeks ago. I like it but, it's not holding my attention...IMO I think its linear. I prefer top down RPG's though.

Love Bethesda (in MD!) but I just can't get into the first person type of RPG's.

I never play in first-person, it's too clunky and weird moving around with just my hands to look at. Switch out to third-person perspective and see if it improves your play.

• Like 1

All Stop. On Screen.

What i mostly dislike is 1st person melee. Such always feels clunky and unrefined, especially in ES, and the pov and spinning cameras while flailing away is often terrible. Didn't mind it in FO:NV because it was mostly guns and snipers.

• Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I'm terrible at melee in both modes to be fair. The melee windup is such that guns are easier to use no matter the range, and I often end up missing by a long way with actual melee weapons because of jerky enemy movements. Sometimes it's fair with the enemy dodging or blocking realistically, but often it's ridiculous stuff like them sliding around randomly just in time to get out of my swing arc. I feel like VATS is just about required to give them some of their own medicine by doing improbable slides and teleports of your own. It's a large part of why I'll go stealth if I go melee, because at least I then have a mostly static target.

In Skyrim I get well over nine in ten of my kills as one-shot stealth kills, but when I do get caught up in face-to-face combat, it's a horrible unfun experience regardless of perspective. Fighting Dragons is the most immersion-breaking experience because of their awkward models relative to their hitboxes, resulting in just whiffing at the air in the general direction of the dragon, with no visual feedback of how you're doing other than the dragon's health bar going down. From an observer's perspective, what seems to happen is that you wave a stick at the dragon for a while until it suddenly keels over dead. Yeah, it just doesn't work.

I've gotten used to the idea of aiming your own guns in RPGs, but swinging melee weapons manually is something I fear will never work as well as targetting enemies and automatic swings.

• Like 1

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

I'm the opposite.  When I'm just walking around in a Elder Scrolls game, I like to be in 3rd person, but as soon as I get anywhere near a battle, I immediately switch to 1st person.  Way more comfortable for me to fight in first person, whether it be melee or ranged.  Frankly, combat sucks in the games regardless of which view you use.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Frankly, combat sucks in the games regardless of which view you use.

Pretty much. Combat wasn't why I played Morrowind for a while, back when. But it was the last time I liked an ES game. I tried to like Skyrim. Didn't quite work out.

Same. Just started Skyrim 2 weeks ago. I like it but, it's not holding my attention...IMO I think its linear. I prefer top down RPG's though.

Love Bethesda (in MD!) but I just can't get into the first person type of RPG's.

I'm the opposite. Top down RPG's are fruity and counterintuitive and can't hold my attention - only Torment was able to bring a level of interest due to writing/environment. I have more fun just walking around in ES than I do in playing nearly all isometric RPGs. 

Edited by Blodhemn

Gabe et al are doing a Reddit AMA.

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/1zkfmv/wearea_videogame_developer_aua/?sort=new

Hopefully they notice and are responsive to my very respectful request about overhauling their offline mode before doing anything else with Steam.

EDIT: I'm finally getting positive votes (by that meaning it was in the negatives. Fanboys!)

Edited by babaganoosh13
  • Like 1

You see, ever since the whole Doritos Locos Tacos thing, Taco Bell thinks they can do whatever they want.

Gabe et al are doing a Reddit AMA.

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/1zkfmv/wearea_videogame_developer_aua/?sort=new

Hopefully they notice and are responsive to my very respectful request about overhauling their offline mode before doing anything else with Steam.

EDIT: I'm finally getting positive votes (by that meaning it was in the negatives. Fanboys!)

Nothing.

However, I now know that Dota 2 is Gabe's favorite Valve game, Mario 64 is his favorite non-Valve game and he spends about 20 hours a week playing games. Also, he likes machining and motorsports. What a coincidence! I'm a machinist, and I love auto racing too, as well as Mario 64!

None of that will let me play my games though when it bugs out and loses my login info.

You see, ever since the whole Doritos Locos Tacos thing, Taco Bell thinks they can do whatever they want.

Have not been able to get on for three days.

Well, that's a lie. Each time I run FlushConfig and then restart, I can. But it always says I cannot access the internet, and has done this every since I reinstalled my OS.

Anyone else have this issue?

I think a funny thing he could have said was that HL3 is his favorite game, and he likes it so much that he's keeping it all to himself.

My experience with STEAM is getting worse and worse for the past 12 months. Sometimes I can only run it offline, sometimes I'm online but stuff refuse to download, other times it takes longer than it should to do simple things like loading a page for a game. Mostly it works fine, but it's been annoying me for the past year.

It's been just about a month now since I've taken my computer back home, and it hasn't lost my login info yet as of yesterday. Hopefully it's still good to go. If it makes it to next week, it will be its longest run yet.

My experience with STEAM is getting worse and worse for the past 12 months. Sometimes I can only run it offline, sometimes I'm online but stuff refuse to download, other times it takes longer than it should to do simple things like loading a page for a game. Mostly it works fine, but it's been annoying me for the past year.

Uninstall and reinstall? It can get corrupted like any other program.

Fortune favors the bald.