Rosbjerg

Old thread here.

Since we're on the subject... :p

-90% off of Lava Mortus

-90% off of KnightShift

-75% off of Delve Deeper

...and maybe actually hopefully kind of useful to somebody... :p

-50% off of Age of Empires 2: HD Edition

Jade Empire is on for $3.75 if anyone hasn't played it yet.

Fortune favors the bald.

I'd love that. I lost my own pre-steam copy and was kinda debating with myself whether or not to buy it on Steam.. However if someone who hasn't tried it wants it, give it to them instead. I'll be buying a copy when it hits sale then. :)

Fortune favors the bald.

And so it has begun.  The Steam Autumn Sale is upon us.  Skyrim is 75% off while the Legendary Edition is 66% off and the DLCs individually are 50% off.  That's the steepest discount on Skyrim I've seen so far.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

And so it has begun.  The Steam Autumn Sale is upon us.  Skyrim is 75% off while the Legendary Edition is 66% off and the DLCs individually are 50% off.  That's the steepest discount on Skyrim I've seen so far.

I've been waiting for this sale to pick up AC3.

So, Skyrim for 14 euro or not Skyrim for 14 euro... I really wonder if that's cheap enough for me after Oblivion... hmm...

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Just in case anyone is wondering, the Steam Christmas sale starts on December 19th this year. Discount amounts will be the same across both sales. If something goes on a daily during this sale, it won't be any cheaper during the Christmas sale.

So what did you think of Altair's Chronicles, then? :p

I'm going over my Wishlist and all I can think is "I probably wouldn't buy a single one of these at 1/4th the price." Does that mean my backlog is full?

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Ok, I'll do something different then. Instead of listing what I'm going to buy, I'll list the things I would buy if I didn't own them at least once already:

The recommendations without no reservation whatsoever:

1) Startopia

http://store.steampowered.com/app/243040/

Murky Foot were former Bullfrog devs who made this Spacestation sim with a lot of humour back in 2001. I own it on disc, own it on GOG, always tempted to buy it on Steam. I always found that this game proves that the "big names" of gaming mean nothing without their team - while someone released a mediocre Black and White, the no-name devs created the little gem that's Startopia. Incidentally, part of Murky Foot were behind the recent kickstarter "Satellite Reign"

2) Valdis Story: Abyssal City

http://store.steampowered.com/app/252030/

A platformer RPG in which you run around, jump around and chop up demons and angels, while making stops at shops to buy new equipment. Multiple playable characters and various spells, skills, upgrades etc make for at least some replayability. But the most important thing for me is that I felt as if I was a kid again playing Wonderboy in Monsterland. It is a shame I missed the kickstarter.

3) Expeditions: Conquistador:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/237430/

We had  a long discussion about it here. A turn based strategy/rpg about a Conquistador and their merry band of explorers journeying to the New World.

Other recommendations that won't be for everyone:

4) Knock-knock

http://store.steampowered.com/app/250380/

A game about making it through the night and facing one's fears. Light drives away the thing under the bed, but if you always turn on the light you'll never overcome the fear. It is one of those kickstarters I backed and that delivered a final product. I hadn't known what to expect but they delivered exactly that... which makes as much sense as their wierd backer updates... Somehow, despite the unrealistic art style, the game manages to be very atmospheric.

5) Castle of Illusion (Mickey Mouse)

http://store.steampowered.com/app/227600/

A very well made remake of the old platforming fun, it can catapult you right back into childhood for a while. It isn't very hard, but on sale it is worth it just for the nostalgia alone.

6) Salvation Prophecy

http://store.steampowered.com/app/248450/

Now a lot of people hate this game. The graphics are not really that good and part of the gameplay is very simplistic. Then again Firedance Games is in reality one person. The game is about the war between four factions in space. You are a grunt in one of the four armies and climb yourself up the hierarchy until you become the faction leader. This is done by joining your faction on random missions, hunting pirates and exploring the story missions. The games weak point is its strong point: there are a number of different gameplay elements and as a result none could have the depth they would have if the game concentrated just on them. You can join planetary assaults or defend your own colonies from assaults - this is done as a third person shooter. A not so very good third person shooter. Actually, if this game was just a third person shooter, you would not touch it. But you can also join larger space battles of 20 vs 20 fighters (or in some circumstances 20vs20vs20+battleship+spacestation...) and the space battles, while not extremly complicated are actually good and fun. Then, once you are faction leader you can try your hand at some rudementary diplomacy and resource management - again though quite simplistic.

What made me fall in love with the game are the little things: walking around a space station and suddenly getting the flashing mesasge on the screen that the station is under attack and all pilots should report to their ships, then running to the hangar and seeing the other fighters already launching. Or joining the fleet for an attack and having to wait at rendezvous points for the whole fleet to arrive before jumping to the destination - or emerging from the jump gate only to discover that one of the other factions was on their way to attack you and their fleet is gathering to make the jump to your system.

So if you can overlook individual shortcommings, the game as a whole can provide a lot of fun. But the game is not for everyone. Personally my own only complaint is that there are only four star systems and the story progresses too fast - if it was a larger galaxy with a sanbox war, I'd be happy.

This was rather long, but it is a recommendation with reservations. Quite a few people here won't like it.

7) The Wolf Among Us

http://store.steampowered.com/app/250320/

Like The Walking Dead, this episodic game by Telltale really stretches the definition of the word "game". It has pretty much the same gameplay, with a few kinks apparently worked out (though it is enough of an improvement that Bigby, unlike Lee, does not have a busted leg and therefor walks at a more agreeable speed). the "detective story" seems to fit the scheme better. While it is still on episode 1, in comparison, several differences make it, in my opinion, a better experience: choices seem less forced. While you still reach a point where you have to choose A or B, it isn't the result of someone doping up the zombies on Jet so that they kill one of your companions in fast forward. How these choices carry over to the next episode remains to be seen, but at least in episode 1, they motivated me enough to want to play it twice so far.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Just picked up Faster Than Light, The Stanley Parable and Paper's Please. Thanks, Steam!

I want it too, but just know it'll probably get discounted more, so I'm going to be patient :).

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

My sanity is up for grabs ;)

*hint hint*

^

Just picked up Faster Than Light, The Stanley Parable and Paper's Please. Thanks, Steam!

Quoting you again (0_o), but I just noticed FTL is also on sale at GOG;

http://www.gog.com/game/faster_than_light

5 euro on Steam, 3 dollar 40 (so around 2,80 euro) on GOG... seems you got a bad deal :/

^

You can buy Go Home for less than 5 bucks, definitely worth checking from what I've heard. Also, don't know whether to go for Skyrim Legendary Edition or to wait and see if The Secret World goes on sale.

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.