What are you playing now?

Gorth

Well, I returned to Watchers Keep (BG2, ToB) and squished those blasted demons like the annoying bugs they were, and with my new tactic I totally steamrolled them to death. 

Keldorns dispel magic proved extremely useful to remove their protection spells several times, mass invisibility and the two summoned Mordekainens swords did a great job to protect my squishy companions. 

When Keldorn removed the demons protections I engaged them in meele combat, then my mage casted time stop to lay waste with 4x Abi Dalzims Horrid Wilting + prismatic ray which killed the hive mother and the pretty dangerous demon-snake-thingy. 

While the main enemy spellcaster was taking a dirtnap and the other mage was being busy with getting my summoned Devas sword in his face the remaining demon warriors got hacked to death by Korgan, Valygar, two summoned skeleton warriors and my hasted berserking character who did consistent 29 damage + level drain (Blackrazor and Angurvadal) per hit on anything that still dared to crawl around. 

That felt good. 

• Like 2

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Currently playing Game of Thrones (the RPG that is).

It's... rather good. Although the annoying engine issues are really getting on my nerves, and are really distracting.

Combat, like all other RPG's is rather boring too. But all humanoid enemies (so far atleast) and it being rather rare (again so far, though the last chapters I did starter featuring more combat) makes it a nice change from most other RPG's.

So yeah, my biggest complaint is they somehow really messed up Unreal Engine 3 to run like utter ****.

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Played around with Spacebase, lost a lot of people to asphyxiation.  Lost one guy to a large space worm too.

Good old chestburster. The infected citizens give an early warning about that in their spaceface, saying stuff like they think they are pregnant.

The devs plan to add a doctor job in the game who could diagnose and remove the parasite before John Hurt get hurt again.

I bought Avernum: Escape From the Pit in the sale, so I've been playing that. I must say that I'm pleasantly surprised. I played Exile 3 (I think it was) many years ago and always thought Spiderweb's games lacked.. soul (or something). But this game oozes soul! It has surprisingly good writing (which, to me, means I bother to read descriptions and dialogue instead of just clicking past it..), perfectly passable graphics, a very slick interface and good game mechanics. It's really old school, but they've cut away the most blatantly stupid things of the past and replaced them with modern systems.

You create a party of four unfortunate souls who are all thrown into Avernum (a big cave underneath the real world that acts like a prison) and from then on it's up to you to survive and escape. Turn based combat, lots of quests, riddles, problems, secrets, and lore. I love how you hear things about the world in inns and towns and that these rumours then tie into the quests later.

I'm not very far into the game so far, but I'm having lots of fun. It's a difficult game but in a challenging way more than an unfair way. 

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Hm, there's something decidedly "more-ish" about Game Dev Tycoon. You switch it on to idle away 10 minutes, and find out it's actually 2 hours later and you're just trying to get that damn AAA game to sell well...

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Just killed 2 rare monsters in Blackdale: Crimson Ape and Dominator.  Crimson Ape took me 3 tries and Dominator took me 4.  The Dominator fight was epic.  Dominator keeps inflicting status ailments on you and has a nasty AoE attack.  The hardest part is surviving the curse hae places on you during the first turn.  After that he'll keep poisoning you, but that's survivable if you keep healing yourself.  Curse can knock out characters and if the unit leader falls you're screwed.  The fight took me 22 turns and I finally took him out with an Omnistrike.  I still haven't figured out what triggers the Remnant powers.  I've had Omnistrike kick in as early as the 2nd turn and I've had to wait 22 turns for it to become available.  At the point I finally got Omnistrike I was pretty hurt so I was debating taking the safe route and keeping my health up, but I figured Dominator had to be pretty close to dead at this point and this was my chance.  Sure enough, Omnistrike finished him off and he never got to attack that turn (which would have likely killed me).  Good times!

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Currently playing Game of Thrones (the RPG that is).

It's... rather good. Although the annoying engine issues are really getting on my nerves, and are really distracting.

Combat, like all other RPG's is rather boring too. But all humanoid enemies (so far atleast) and it being rather rare (again so far, though the last chapters I did starter featuring more combat) makes it a nice change from most other RPG's.

So yeah, my biggest complaint is they somehow really messed up Unreal Engine 3 to run like utter ****.

Managed to finish it as Mors.  Couldn't find enough to draw me back to finish it as ... crap, I forget the other guy's name.  Ezio Auditore or whatever.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

im still trying to finish IWD2 and so far it is probably the only DnD based game that does not seem to cheat on the dice rolls on core rules difficulty

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

im still trying to finish IWD2 and so far it is probably the only DnD based game that does not seem to cheat on the dice rolls on core rules difficulty

How far did you make it?

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

Dabbling a little on Max Payne 3 now.  Somewhat irritated by the "Rockstar Social Club" thing, it keeps hanging on log in, and the way it's set up you can't even get a proper "exit" to the game unless you log in. So when it sticks like that, you have to manually alt-tab out and force shut it down.

Really, stunningly brilliant design there.

FIFA 14 for a bit - the AI cheats in small but so meaningful ways, makes the game play look nothing like one would expect a proper match to turn out as.  But only place Arsenal will win something :p

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

You should make your own Max Payne in Game Dev Tycoon ;)

Well I made Game Dev Tycoon, Halo, Half-Life, Wing Commander and Doom in Game Dev Tycoon ;)

I started to play BG1 EE a few weeks ago (because some of the Pillars of Eternity's developers made it ) and I have to say that it has more interesting characters than a lot of modern games  :)

There are more things on earth and in the sky than you can dream about.

I started to play BG1 EE a few weeks ago (because some of the Pillars of Eternity's developers made it ) and I have to say that it has more interesting characters than a lot of modern games  :)

rWfLq.gif

Not saying the average character is great these days, but I've seen rocks with more character than the "characters" in BG..

Completed Dawnguard's MQ last night, the Forgotten Vale was a fantastic location which made up for the ball dragging Soul Cairn and the final confrontation was decent.   My only real complaint is the idiotic writing, I went the Dawnguard route as I just couldn't rationalise a reason to become a Vampire Lord, apparently the vampire route is more fun but I suspect the major plot points are identically dumb.

The new weapons, locations and quests are actually great but I wish the writing was at least on par with the base game, my expectations for Dragonborn have been lowered  :getlost:

The new weapons, locations and quests are actually great but I wish the writing was at least on par with the base game, my expectations for Dragonborn have been lowered  :getlost:

You're saying the writing in Dawnguard is even worse than base Skyrim?

tumblr_mc7vz5gJYE1qint7ao1_400.gif

How is that even possible?

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 2

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks