What are you playing now?

Gorth

I'm trying to beat Dragon Age: Origins again cause it's so gut (and apparently totally optional and super cool stuff is possible late game that I totally missed), but it's very possible that I wont finish it. I'm doing the "Circle of Magi zerged by demons" quest, but this is the most tedious stuff ever. There's hardly any tactical planning, because you're alone the entire time (Niall you lazy jerk). The setting is fittingly dream-like and weird, but the way it's lighted makes me want to fall asleep! It's a great concept, and they put effort into it's execution, but it's the drizzling poops. And I forgot to save so I (of course) died while fooling around and reverted to an auto-save from like an hour ago.

Also, it's good to hear RomeTW2 has been largely fixed.

The Bureau has been much better than I'd been lead to believe.  I got it on sale, so my expectations weren't high to begin with.  But I'd even go so far as to say it would have been worth it to me as a full price purchase.

Maybe it's because I've actually yet to play the original XCOM games.  So I didn't have preconceived notions about what the game should be like, or how the story should go.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I'm trying to beat Dragon Age: Origins again cause it's so gut (and apparently totally optional and super cool stuff is possible late game that I totally missed), but it's very possible that I wont finish it. I'm doing the "Circle of Magi zerged by demons" quest, but this is the most tedious stuff ever. There's hardly any tactical planning, because you're alone the entire time (Niall you lazy jerk). The setting is fittingly dream-like and weird, but the way it's lighted makes me want to fall asleep! It's a great concept, and they put effort into it's execution, but it's the drizzling poops. And I forgot to save so I (of course) died while fooling around and reverted to an auto-save from like an hour ago.

Ah yes, you're in the fade sequence. 

There was a mod to skip it. 

Yes they made a mod to skip the fade quest. 

Ka-ka-ka-ka-Cocaine!

Z9SVsCY.gif

I found the Fade portion incredibly boring.  The concept behind it was intriguing, but the gameplay implementation of that concept makes it my least favorite of the "four things to do" areas.

• Like 2

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

the fade was fine on my first play through, but on later playthroughs its about as compelling as the nwn oc - in other words, as fun as watching paint dry

from the sanguine ashes of nyarlathotep I summon theeeeee!!!!!

*waits patiently for volourn*

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

the fade was fine on my first play through, but on later playthroughs its about as compelling as the nwn oc - in other words, as fun as watching paint dry

The Fade was actually my favorite part of DA:O.  I stayed up way past my bedtime on the night I was playing through that section.  No other part of the game had that effect on me.

However, the rest of the game wasn't satisfying enough for me to ever attempt a replay beyond dipping my toe into some of the other origin stories.  (Overall, it was a good-not-great game that I'm glad to have purchased and played, but it was so ridiculously long that I was tired of it roughly 10 hours before it was over.)

Edited by Enoch
  • Like 2

I'm doing the "Circle of Magi zerged by demons" quest, but this is the most tedious stuff ever.

Ah yes, you're in the fade sequence. 

There was a mod to skip it. 

Yes they made a mod to skip the fade quest. 

that was the only part of Origins I enjoyed

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

I don't recall having a particular problem with it either. At least, not moreso than with the bit immediately preceding it, arguably worse because it's a recycled level (justifiably, sure, but doesn't make it less boring). Mind you, I'm pretty down on the game in general, so saying I have no specific issue with any given part doesn't mean it's 'good' per se.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

I'm pretty deep into Drakensang 2 (well over 30 hours) and I like the game, but I need a break from it.  I can't power through these long games straight through.  So I fired up The Last Remnant.  After all, what better way to break up the monotony of a long wRPG than with a long, grind-heavy jRPG (I suppose I could have just written jRPG, they're almost always grind-heavy).  :wowey:

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Beat my 2nd boss in Rogue Legacy.  Woot!

It was the forest skull.  I beat him with a gigantic Hokage.  I thought he'd be dead meat, since he is too big to avoid damage, but that extra reach really helped.

Edited by Hurlshot

sensible folk will wait for all eps to be released before playing walking dead season 2

• Like 1

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

I wish I could say I was playing Walking Dead S2, but I'm already done. Oh my god Telltale, why do you make us wait?

And with Game of Thrones and Borderlands in the works, the next episodes for every game wil take longer to show up. They couldn't meet their schedule when they only had Walking Dead season 1. Seems noone trusts them to do so with four titles.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Beat my 2nd boss in Rogue Legacy.  Woot!

It was the forest skull.  I beat him with a gigantic Hokage.  I thought he'd be dead meat, since he is too big to avoid damage, but that extra reach really helped.

Turns out I lied about abandoning my game of it and did the same. Then finished the lot, because by the time I went to tackle the first boss, it turns out that was strong enough to tackle all the bosses.

I'd still stop short of calling it a "good" game, too many disappointments for that, but a reasonable way to pass some time. I'd say at this point my primary disappointment is that all the four levels are literally the same design, except with different colour schemes.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

The Fade was actually my favorite part of DA:O.  I stayed up way past my bedtime on the night I was playing through that section.  No other part of the game had that effect on me.

However, the rest of the game wasn't satisfying enough for me to ever attempt a replay beyond dipping my toe into some of the other origin stories.  (Overall, it was a good-not-great game that I'm glad to have purchased and played, but it was so ridiculously long that I was tired of it roughly 10 hours before it was over.)

I also played through the Fade in the small hours, but it was more due to "Dear God, I have to finish this part tonight and have something different to look forward to tomorrow or I'll never get back to this game" :p

Seriously, my issues with DAO have been oft-repeated, but it's a combination of sluggish combat and every.damn.segment.running.on.for.too.long. I played through it a few times before they announced the Keep and it the last few times it was a race to storm of the century and then just getting it over with :p

• Like 1

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I just bought a new release on Steam on a whim: Ballpoint Universe, and it's quite good for what its worth. Like 3 dollars. And well you get Little Big Planet meets Uridium for your money. Did I mention it's all drawn with a ballpoint pen, all of it? :)

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

Restarted in X-COM after reading a bit about managing panic levels and doing much better now on the $$$ front. Quite enjoying the game though the incredible randomness of combat can be rather annoying. Then again, haven't really encountered any "hard" enemies yet afaik (the Hulk guys are the biggest baddies I've seen so far)

Probably going to dabble in Divinity: Original Sin's alpha some more later as well (already made it past character creation (such as there currently is), which is further than a bunch of guys got. Also: "It's gonna be awesome!"

I'm pretty deep into Drakensang 2 (well over 30 hours) and I like the game, but I need a break from it.  I can't power through these long games straight through.  So I fired up The Last Remnant.  After all, what better way to break up the monotony of a long wRPG than with a long, grind-heavy jRPG (I suppose I could have just written jRPG, they're almost always grind-heavy).  :wowey:

You're playing TLR wrong, you don't grind on that game otherwise it becomes broken.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif