What are you playing now?

Gorth

Made it to Anor Londo. I went around and picked up all the random red titanite chunks that were just lying around so my Fire Cestus is now +8. It's still not doing fantastic damage compared to what I'm used to, but it is workable so it's not so bad. Worked my way through Sen's Fortress fairly easily this time, though sadly Iron Tarkus did not manage to survive his encounter with the iron golem. I wanted to see Tarkus solo the golem, but he only managed to take it down to about 20% before it finished him off. Tarkus didn't do enough damage to the legs to knock the golem over at any point so it stayed on it's feet and able to do damage the whole time. I knocked it off the edge of the platform to finish it off.

Oddly enough I'm having less trouble with the sentinels than I did with my weapon user. It's pretty easy to just run towards them and keep dodging between it's legs as it repeatedly tries to smash me with it's shield. Not looking forward to those two **** silver knights with dragonslayer bows or the dual boss fight, but I've got a little bit to go before I meet them anyway. Dunno if I want to hit up the painted world just yet. I could, but I don't think there is anything in there that I really want except maybe the dark ember.

• Like 1

I'm playing Dead Space 3 and its exactly what I wanted to play, an entertaining FPS where you don't have to think much and you just kill things :)

• Like 2

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

So I just defeated a guy in Dragon's Dogma named Balsac.  Whichever writer came up with that name either has a weird sense of humor or English isn't their first language.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Level 72 in Dark Souls now.  Just killed the Asylum demon.  Cleared out Catacombs and am probably going to head into Anor Londo now.

UPDATE: Evidently forgot to hit send.  But I am past Anor Londo and am now in the painting.

So I just defeated a guy in Dragon's Dogma named Balsac.  Whichever writer came up with that name either has a weird sense of humor or English isn't their first language.

maybe the writer meant this guy?

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Level 72 in Dark Souls now.  Just killed the Asylum demon.  Cleared out Catacombs and am probably going to head into Anor Londo now.

UPDATE: Evidently forgot to hit send.  But I am past Anor Londo and am now in the painting.

You're a bit overleveled for all that. :D

Made it to Anor Londo. I went around and picked up all the random red titanite chunks that were just lying around so my Fire Cestus is now +8. It's still not doing fantastic damage compared to what I'm used to, but it is workable so it's not so bad. Worked my way through Sen's Fortress fairly easily this time, though sadly Iron Tarkus did not manage to survive his encounter with the iron golem. I wanted to see Tarkus solo the golem, but he only managed to take it down to about 20% before it finished him off. Tarkus didn't do enough damage to the legs to knock the golem over at any point so it stayed on it's feet and able to do damage the whole time. I knocked it off the edge of the platform to finish it off.

Oddly enough I'm having less trouble with the sentinels than I did with my weapon user. It's pretty easy to just run towards them and keep dodging between it's legs as it repeatedly tries to smash me with it's shield. Not looking forward to those two **** silver knights with dragonslayer bows or the dual boss fight, but I've got a little bit to go before I meet them anyway. Dunno if I want to hit up the painted world just yet. I could, but I don't think there is anything in there that I really want except maybe the dark ember.

You'd be better of with normal cestus in Anor Londo. Elemental cestus is pathetically weak there.

Edited by Majek

1.13 killed off Ja2.

I'm playing Dead Space 3 and its exactly what I wanted to play, an entertaining FPS where you don't have to think much and you just kill things :)

And you have an awesome setting (SCAF <3) to boot. Too bad it's wasted by a pants-on-head-retarded storyline. 

I wonder what Visceral was thinking when they decided that players want crazy Unitologists as their primary foe. They set up SCAF, pour resources into fleshing out the tech, aesthetic, and political intrigue of the 2300s, then decide to throw the Secession War into the bin and just go with retarded mooks and their even more retarded leader as the antagonist. And then there's MOON IS A nECROmORPH HURR DURR.

Waste of Simon Templeman, ***SPOILER maybe*** I did like the co-op madness aspect when I played as Carver with my lad playing Isaac however. ***END SPOILER maybe***

Edited by Nonek

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Waste of Simon Templeman, ***SPOILER maybe*** I did like the co-op madness aspect when I played as Carver with my lad playing Isaac however. ***END SPOILER maybe***

I was about to say that Simon Templeman is never a waste. Then I remembered Templeman is in SW: The Old Republic. Yeah, he really can go to waste.

The guy is like Jack Nicholson, he only shines when his character is a condescending prick.

Co-op is what saves the game. That and the sexy catheter/colonic tube armoured suits.

And finally got the crazy time consuming 30k kills Battle Trophy for Arumat in Star Ocean 4. Just in time before Gran Turismo 6 arrives next week :)

Completed Battle Trophies for Reimi, Bacchus and Arumat. 89 BTs to get them all \o/

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

I beat Enemy Within on Classic with all of the initial second wave options turned on, so today I started an impossible run with all the available new second wave options on as well. after completing the second mission and looking at funding overview and engineering costs I think that this may actually be impossible (at least if you get unlucky combinations with the randomised council funding?) it costs 460 credits to build the first satellite, this cost increases each time you build one, although obviously more engineers also lower the cost. I'm getting a +92 credit balance at the moment because upon completing my first alien abduction, despite all three options being at 0 panic level, the two I didn't select are now maxed out and will leave at the end of the month. My personal panic level is somewhat high and I think that I'm about to withdraw from the council too, assuming there still is a council at the end of month 1 and try to pick and choose second wave options rather than running them all at once. I shudder to think what it would be like with the impossible unlocks added to the mix but I am hoping to find a combination that will keep the endgame challenging without making the first half infuriating or insurmountable. 

Edited by Serrano
  • Like 1

You'd be better of with normal cestus in Anor Londo. Elemental cestus is pathetically weak there.

Now you tell me! I made my way past the Silver Knight archers on my first attempt this time, though I died to the gargoyles several times. Those things are pretty tough when you have no ability to block and no range on your attacks. Sadly I can't OHKO parry the silver knights with my fire cestus, but it does enough damage that I can can circle around them and kill them with 2 R1 attacks before they can turn around and retaliate. The main doors in the entrance hall are open now and I can run up and take on Smough and Ornstein at any point. Sitting at SL 45.

I'm really enjoying Assassin's Creed 3.  I remember people complaining about there not being enough to do on the frontier, but I'm having a blast running around.  Although I fall out of tree a lot.  Like I've died more falling out of trees than doing anything else.  In fact it's not even close, I've died once from a wolf, twice in fights, and a dozen times tumbling through branches.    

• Like 2

I fall out of tree a lot.  Like I've died more falling out of trees than doing anything else.  In fact it's not even close, I've died once from a wolf, twice in fights, and a dozen times tumbling through branches.    

which makes it the most realistic assassins creed ever lol

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

I'm really enjoying Assassin's Creed 3.  I remember people complaining about there not being enough to do on the frontier, but I'm having a blast running around.  Although I fall out of tree a lot.  Like I've died more falling out of trees than doing anything else.  In fact it's not even close, I've died once from a wolf, twice in fights, and a dozen times tumbling through branches.    

Achilles Davenport failed as a teacher if you can't even climb trees without killing yourself.  What kind of legacy is he leaving behind?!

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I'm glad you are enjoying this game and that you are giving it a positive endorsement. It hasn't been getting good reviews generally and I am planning on playing it so this restores my confidence around if I should enjoy the game :)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

BS5, it is pretty to look at and good to hear the voices, though Nico's changed a bit (or just that the audio quality has improved over BS1).  Getting some weird bugs with the dialogue system where I changed the state of an NPC then he changed back from that for no real reason.  Early into the game, though.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Oh ok, I was under the impression they got the BS1 actress.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

It's crazy because I don't feel as though I've been "grinding" but playing through things co-op has definitely jacked up the SL. I think I am sitting at 75 or so. But then I guess I do get 50% the souls of helping someone out.

I don't know if we've done more optional content or not too (did do the Catacombs and some Valley of the Drakes. Did do a bit of grinding in Sen's and Blighttown for equipment and materials.

Started playing Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition which I bought for 5€ when it was on sale. The only differences to the original that I've noticed during the ~5 hours of playing are as follows:

+ Camera can be zoomed up and down. This is a good thing as for some reason the game doesn't allow to change resolution, it plays on your desktop resolution and with modern resolutions the characters are ant size

+ Your armor class, damage and such are listed a bit more clearly in the character inventory screen

+ I guess the graphics are 0.0001% better

+ Colored markers under the party members by their main appearance color are neat

+ The hand drawn cinematics work much better than I expected. But better than the original 3D cinematics? I'm pretty much indifferent.

- Who the hell shrinked the tooltip text? Can barely read that crap.

- While the game has quick save and load, it stops working for me if I change the keyboard button for them

That's pretty much it for now. Would I recommed it for full price to people who already own the original games and have no trouble modding them? Hell no. For 5-10$? Yeah, why not I guess. I will be playing this version over modded original for now on. But still, the game isn't anywhere close to what I would comfortably call an "Enhanced Edition" worthy of 20$ and hearing what a buggy mess it was for a long time has not impressed me in the slightest.