What are you playing now?

Gorth

Still mostly Drakensang: The River of Time with some Broken Sword: The Serpent's Curse.  I'm in no rush to get through Broken Sword as the second half won't be here for at least a month.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Still playing Age of Decadence here and there. Trying my hands on a combat build, but I totally suck at it. Managed to win most battles so far, but not without lots of reloading. It annoys me most if I have a good run, but then the last guy pwns the hell out of me.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Quelaag is dead. It took me about 8 tries over the course of 1.5 hours but I finally punched her to death. I still need to beat up the capra demon so that I can get the large ember as my cestus doesn't exactly do a lot of damage. Having to whittle away at Quelaag with 16 damage hits seems like a good indicator of things to come. I really don't want to fight the sentinels in Anor Londo without the ability to block those massive halberd swings.

I really want Ciaran's armour set for this character which would mean fighting the hydra, sanctuary guardian, Artorias and finally Ciaran. I'm thinking that SL31 might be a little low for all that without the ability to block.

You didn't use any of the resins? And go make yourself some elemental Cestus too.

1.13 killed off Ja2.

Quelaag is dead. It took me about 8 tries over the course of 1.5 hours but I finally punched her to death. I still need to beat up the capra demon so that I can get the large ember as my cestus doesn't exactly do a lot of damage. Having to whittle away at Quelaag with 16 damage hits seems like a good indicator of things to come. I really don't want to fight the sentinels in Anor Londo without the ability to block those massive halberd swings.

I really want Ciaran's armour set for this character which would mean fighting the hydra, sanctuary guardian, Artorias and finally Ciaran. I'm thinking that SL31 might be a little low for all that without the ability to block.

You didn't use any of the resins? And go make yourself some elemental Cestus too.

I wasted my resins on unsuccessful runs. I had a few runs fail when I got trapped behind Quelaag's legs and was unable to run away when she did her aoe attack. I think I once managed to mitigate some of the damage from that somehow, but the rest of the time it would OHKO me from full health.

I don't have anything to upgrade my Cestus to elemental with right now.

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

That depends on the game. Anyway, that's why I also posted a screenshot.

Edited by JFSOCC

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

The one thing I always hate -- and it's more me than the game design, necessarily -- is my inventory is always full of junk because I never know when some obscure piece of trash is going to be necessary or important further down the line.  Right now in Dragon's Dogma, I've got a bunch of stuff that I have no use for but that are listed in the "special items" part of inventory that I don't want to sell in case I need them later.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

The one thing I always hate -- and it's more me than the game design, necessarily -- is my inventory is always full of junk because I never know when some obscure piece of trash is going to be necessary or important further down the line.  Right now in Dragon's Dogma, I've got a bunch of stuff that I have no use for but that are listed in the "special items" part of inventory that I don't want to sell in case I need them later.

just shove them in the stash, thats what i did.  never ended up using most of them, but at least i had them around if i needed them

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Bah! I had 100% on Mark of the Ninja until they added in the DLC achievements. I'll probably grab the DLC during the christmas sale and pick up the rest of them then. :/

I've upgraded a few more cestus variants now in Dark Souls. I have +5 variants of both Magic and Divine versions. Next up will be the trip into the catacombs in order to pick up a fire version. I did a quick run through the demon ruins to grab the large fire ember as well so I should be able to upgrade one to +7 which would make it my strongest variant.

• Like 1

just shove them in the stash, thats what i did.  never ended up using most of them, but at least i had them around if i needed them

I do that with a lot of stuff.  But there's some stuff where the description makes it sound like you should carry it with you at all times that end up weighing my character down.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Since when are steam achievements impressive, let alone a good feature of the platform? ;)

Achievements can be cool if they give you a goal outside of the regular gameplay to achieve.  Something to strive for that you wouldn't normally get in a regular playthrough.  What boggles my mind are the useless "achievements" that anyone playing the game will get.  "Complete Chapter 1", or "Kill 100 Zombies" when it's a game where you'll face well over a 100 zombies no matter what you do, or "Upgrade A Weapon" in a loot driven game that's all about upgrading gear.  Achievements like that are utterly useless.  Achievements that require you to play a different way or go off the beaten path, those are cool.

• Like 3

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Played a few hours of Brothers and enjoyed it, it's the sort of effortless game Molyneux wishes he could still make.  The controls are simple but your brain can easily get twisted up controlling both brothers at the same time, puzzles are also simple but satisfying and the world is full of charm with a tinge of darkness  :thumbsup:

Good Achievement or Trophies can make the game much more fun to play and give you more incentive to play it few more times... I completely suck at games like God of War despite lowing them, and always finish them on easiest difficulty, PS3 trophies in GoWIII made me for the first time to play the game on hardest difficulty and even complete the "Challenge" minigames, which I never bothered to play before in first two games... PSN being down at that time, helped a lot too haha, and now I can say, that I suck little bit less at playing GoW games haha

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Tried Rogue Legacy for an hour or so. Probably won't be back, it's just grindy tedium from what I can tell. Not that I was expecting much, never found a roguelike I've enjoyed, but eh, five bucks.

P.S. They really need a quickstart function that goes straight to the first proper room of the castle upon each death.

EDIT: Prior to that, also tried an hour of Borderlands 2. I also won't be back for that one. But again, also something I mostly knew already. Looting in games is just never something I find enjoyable, ever. Only single player, mind, but the opinion stands.

Edited by Humanoid

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Tried Rogue Legacy for an hour or so. Probably won't be back, it's just grindy tedium from what I can tell. Not that I was expecting much, never found a roguelike I've enjoyed, but eh, five bucks.

P.S. They really need a quickstart function that goes straight to the first proper room of the castle upon each death.

Hah, I've been totally addicted to Rogue Legacy lately.  It's brutal, I die all the time, but I finally beat my first boss and I'm starting to actually survive a bit longer than a couple minutes.  

Anyone want to recommend some Dragon Age: Origins mods?  I plan to run through the game again after I finish Drakensang 2, so I won't likely be playing it for at least a week or so.  I've played the game several times, but I've generally stuck with vanilla.  Now that Nexus Mod Manager works again, I'm looking to compile some mods in preparation for the playthrough.  I'm not looking for mods that radically change the balance of the game or ones that will change all characters into sex bombs, though I do welcome subtle model or texture changes that still keep the same basic design of the characters.  Anything that adds new content (as long as said content won't radically make my characters overpowered) or improves textures (character or otherwise) without radically changing the characters (except Sten, I'm not against radically changing him) is welcome.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Played Sanctum 2 and now my hand really hurts.

I can't see how these correlate. You hit your hand with a hammer every time you failed?

Gave somewhat up on Terraria and got in on the Early Access of Starbound. It's great fun. Big, enourmous in fact. Has a couple of deeper mechanics, food and hunger, cooking matters more. Enemies hit really hard too, but it is fairly simple to fend off enemies still. Art style is different. It's Terraria but with a couple of added features and a different lore, and some removed too. 

Space travel and your personal space ship too.

Played Sanctum 2 and now my hand really hurts.

I can't see how these correlate. You hit your hand with a hammer every time you failed?

I have hurt my thumb. Using my left hand hurts, even if I don't actually use my thumb.

Just got Master Battler trophy in Star Ocean 4 after doing 1000th blindside with Arumat O.o

Star Ocean 4 is now 82% complete.

90 Battle Trophies to go... 200 encounters to go for Arumat's 30,000 kills BT.

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours